10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi everyone,

my fiance had sent the I-129F package on September 24. She recieved an email on September 28 that it had been received.

yesterday she received another email saying the I-129F has been approved.

On November 15, 2013, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

we received the confirmation in less than 2 months. That seems faster than normal. Maybe we are lucky. So what do we expect next and what all documents should we gather for the interview?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K-1 Process to K-1 Progress Forum~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

thats fantastic! hopefully the time it takes at the nvc wont be as long as it took ours.

heres the site to packet 4 that your fiance will receive once the embassy gets all your stuff. http://photos.state.gov/libraries/india/521916/K1%20packet/K1%20pkt%204%20Oct%2013.pdf

my helpful hints are these:

-make sure the pcc is from the regional passport office. you can register online, fill the form, pay and then just walk in when your ready to pick it up.

http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/user/userLogin

-as soon as you get the confirmation letter or email from the embassy that they are ready to work on your case, get your medical appointment done. it takes a week to get the results and you cant have your interview without it.

-get all your i-134 documents together and mailed asap. remember that the signed form needs to be an original, not a copy so you have to mail it. it takes time for snail mail, so i would try to get this done first.

-check, double check, triple check that you have everything you need to bring to the interview!

once the embassy receives your case, it goes relatively fast from there. we got our interview just 2 weeks after they got it. good luck!

Timeline

wow congratulations smile.png to both of you; i want ask please; did they mail you via lettre post too thanks

we received the confirmation email yesterday. they should send a hard copy of it too through snail mail.

Timeline

Your reply is really helpful. Thank you :)

As for i-134, my fiance is a full time student and will graduate from college this December. Her mom will co-sponsor. Does she and her mom need to fill out separate i-134 ? Seems complicated.

thats fantastic! hopefully the time it takes at the nvc wont be as long as it took ours.

heres the site to packet 4 that your fiance will receive once the embassy gets all your stuff. http://photos.state.gov/libraries/india/521916/K1%20packet/K1%20pkt%204%20Oct%2013.pdf

-make sure the pcc is from the regional passport office. you can register online, fill the form, pay and then just walk in when your ready to pick it up.

-as soon as you get the confirmation letter or email from the embassy that they are ready to work on your case, get your medical appointment done. it takes a week to get the results and you cant have your interview without it.

-get all your i-134 documents together and mailed asap. remember that the signed form needs to be an original, not a copy so you have to mail it. it takes time for snail mail, so i would try to get this done first.

-check, double check, triple check that you have everything you need to bring to the interview!

once the embassy receives your case, it goes relatively fast from there. we got our interview just 2 weeks after they got it. good luck!

Timeline

Hi Erinmuskan88 congratulations to you and your fiancé and best wishes for your future. I read few of your post and find them very helpful and again need some information/help from you my fiancé also going to attend interview at New Delhi embassy I wanted to know :

1. You received your package # 3 and 4 via mail/post or they sent you via email

2. how long it took from getting case number from NVC to receiving you interview package

3. Did you schedule your interview or you were assigned date and time already when you received your package??

4.How long it took you to get your PCC from passport seva kender

5. if it was difficult to get appointment for your medical exam ??

6.do you know if they allow your fiancé with you at interview at New Delhi embassy or not ?? as I want to be there with my fiancé on the time of interview so need to make travel plans and prepare all needed documents also

7.what exact form needs to be filled out.. for interview.

will wait for your answer anxiously our case status as of 13th Nov. approved case info mailed to NVC

Timeline

Your reply is really helpful. Thank you smile.png

As for i-134, my fiance is a full time student and will graduate from college this December. Her mom will co-sponsor. Does she and her mom need to fill out separate i-134 ? Seems complicated.

yes i-134 is complicated!

if she does not meet the poverty guidelines, she must have a co-sponser who does or they will automatically deny your case. they both must fill out a form and have supporting documents to show the money is there to support you. i looked several places to find out what the supporting documents should be and am pretty sure i provided more than actually required. i sent the previous years tax return, 3 months of bank statements, birth certificate (to prove citizenship), my co-sponsers letter from work explaining she does make enough, and a letter from me explaining why i dont have a job/make any money right now. i didnt want any doubts! and like i said earlier (i think) make sure they send you there original signed copies of the form through the post. :)

Timeline

Hi Erinmuskan88 congratulations to you and your fiancé and best wishes for your future. I read few of your post and find them very helpful and again need some information/help from you my fiancé also going to attend interview at New Delhi embassy I wanted to know :

1. You received your package # 3 and 4 via mail/post or they sent you via email

2. how long it took from getting case number from NVC to receiving you interview package

3. Did you schedule your interview or you were assigned date and time already when you received your package??

4.How long it took you to get your PCC from passport seva kender

5. if it was difficult to get appointment for your medical exam ??

6.do you know if they allow your fiancé with you at interview at New Delhi embassy or not ?? as I want to be there with my fiancé on the time of interview so need to make travel plans and prepare all needed documents also

7.what exact form needs to be filled out.. for interview.

will wait for your answer anxiously our case status as of 13th Nov. approved case info mailed to NVC

1. both. we had emailed the embassy with a question and they told us to wait a week and then ask again. we got the confirmation letter in email and then packet 4 2 or 3 days later via mail. there is no packet 3.

2. i think it was about 1-2 weeks. we emailed the embassy because they just changed things and wanted clarification on the new process, told us to email back the next week, and then by the end of the week my fiance had the hard copy of the letter and packet. once nvc gives a case number, it only takes days to get to india, but the embassy isnt immediate to process your case either. i think that is why they said to wait a few more days.

3. when you get your packet, it gives step by step instructions on what to do. scheduling your interview is the last step, but YOU get to choose the dates. you actually have 2 appointments to set up, ofc to take fingerprints and picture (which there are plenty of spots and you will probably be able to go in next day), and then interview (which we had to wait only 2 weeks).

4. pcc is confusing. register online, pay, and once the payment clears you can just walk in to the office and pick it up. i think it took my fiance only 2 days.

5. not at all. my fiance called ahead of time and got an appointment for later that week. BUT you can not get your medical done until you have the confirmation letter from embassy stating your case is ready to more forward. as soon as you get that letter, get it done cause itll take a full week to get the results.

6. as far as i know, you can attend the interview with your fiance still. and it looks better when you do cause they can see your interaction together.

7. the only forms needed now are the ds-160 which is done online, and the i-134.

heres a copy of the letter we got;

Dear _______:

Your fiancé visa case is now ready for final processing. Please carefully follow the interview preparation steps below.

Step 1: Obtain your Police Clearance Certificate from the Regional Passport Office.

Step 2: Complete your medical examination with an approved panel physician from the list available at

http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/medical_report.html.

Step 3: Complete Form DS-160 online athttps://ceac.state.gov/ceac/ and print the confirmation letter. Please do this for the fiancé and any derivative children who will be applying for a visa.

Step 4: Go to http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in .Create a user account, select your passport/visa pick-up location and pay your nonimmigrant K visa fee.

Step 5: Only after completing Steps 1-4, log in tohttp://www.ustraveldocs.com/in to schedule two appointments:

One appointment for boimetric fingerprint and photo collection at the Offsite Facilitation Center (OFC) and

one appointment at the U.S. Embassy, New Delhi.

For any additional information, please visit our website athttp://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/k_visas.html#k2. You may also send your inquiries via email to support-india@ustraveldocs.com. Our call centers are open 8.00 am to 8.00 pm Monday through Friday and 9.00 am to 6.00 pm on Sunday. From within India, please dial 91-120-660-2222 or 91-22-6720-9400. From the United States, please call 1-310-616-5424.

Sincerely

Chief, Immigrant Visa Branch '

if i remember correctly, i think you can start the application without having a case number and fill in the blanks later. you will not be able to schedule your interviews until youve paid the visa fee.

hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Thank you so much erinmuskan for your guidance its really gonna help us. Thank you again..

1. both. we had emailed the embassy with a question and they told us to wait a week and then ask again. we got the confirmation letter in email and then packet 4 2 or 3 days later via mail. there is no packet 3.

2. i think it was about 1-2 weeks. we emailed the embassy because they just changed things and wanted clarification on the new process, told us to email back the next week, and then by the end of the week my fiance had the hard copy of the letter and packet. once nvc gives a case number, it only takes days to get to india, but the embassy isnt immediate to process your case either. i think that is why they said to wait a few more days.

3. when you get your packet, it gives step by step instructions on what to do. scheduling your interview is the last step, but YOU get to choose the dates. you actually have 2 appointments to set up, ofc to take fingerprints and picture (which there are plenty of spots and you will probably be able to go in next day), and then interview (which we had to wait only 2 weeks).

4. pcc is confusing. register online, pay, and once the payment clears you can just walk in to the office and pick it up. i think it took my fiance only 2 days.

5. not at all. my fiance called ahead of time and got an appointment for later that week. BUT you can not get your medical done until you have the confirmation letter from embassy stating your case is ready to more forward. as soon as you get that letter, get it done cause itll take a full week to get the results.

6. as far as i know, you can attend the interview with your fiance still. and it looks better when you do cause they can see your interaction together.

7. the only forms needed now are the ds-160 which is done online, and the i-134.

heres a copy of the letter we got;

Dear _______:

Your fiancé visa case is now ready for final processing. Please carefully follow the interview preparation steps below.

Step 1: Obtain your Police Clearance Certificate from the Regional Passport Office.

Step 2: Complete your medical examination with an approved panel physician from the list available at
http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/medical_report.html.

Step 3: Complete Form DS-160 online athttps://ceac.state.gov/ceac/ and print the confirmation letter. Please do this for the fiancé and any derivative children who will be applying for a visa.

Step 4: Go to http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in .Create a user account, select your passport/visa pick-up location and pay your nonimmigrant K visa fee.

Step 5: Only after completing Steps 1-4, log in tohttp://www.ustraveldocs.com/in to schedule two appointments:
One appointment for boimetric fingerprint and photo collection at the Offsite Facilitation Center (OFC) and
one appointment at the U.S. Embassy, New Delhi.

For any additional information, please visit our website athttp://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/k_visas.html#k2. You may also send your inquiries via email to support-india@ustraveldocs.com. Our call centers are open 8.00 am to 8.00 pm Monday through Friday and 9.00 am to 6.00 pm on Sunday. From within India, please dial 91-120-660-2222 or 91-22-6720-9400. From the United States, please call 1-310-616-5424.
Sincerely

Chief, Immigrant Visa Branch '

if i remember correctly, i think you can start the application without having a case number and fill in the blanks later. you will not be able to schedule your interviews until youve paid the visa fee.

hope this helps!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.