Sam&Lu

Affidavit of support - tax transcripts

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: South Africa
Timeline

Hi everyone!

So, our interview is next Tuesday and I am busy organising the relevant documents to bring with me. I just noticed that my fiancee didn't send me any of his tax information whatsoever, and the original I-129F contains no tax information either. He's sent me his pay stubs, letters from his bank regarding his accounts and deposits, letters relating to stocks he owns and a letter from his employer, but no tax transcripts. I am freaking out since he's applied for them online today and was informed that it takes 10-30 days to acquire. Are these required? Is there a chance of us being denied because I don't have them?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The tax transcript is only required If your fiancé self employed as far as I understand. It just helps to establish proof of his ability to support you. I think you are ok

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

OMG! You're right. It does say that the tax returns are only needed if self employed. Has anyone submitted their I-134 without the tax transcripts but had all other supporting documents and been denied due to no tax transcripts?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Go to the interview and at worst you'll get a 221g form saying to send those in, if they need them. He can email them to you or the Embassy if needed.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Country: South Africa
Timeline

The tax transcript is only required If your fiancé self employed as far as I understand. It just helps to establish proof of his ability to support you. I think you are ok

ugh I've been stressing out about this! But yeah, I think that makes a lot of sense. Thanks good.gif

Go to the interview and at worst you'll get a 221g form saying to send those in, if they need them. He can email them to you or the Embassy if needed.

Is the 221gn form a denial or no?

Thanks though, I need to calm down a bit headbonk.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

ugh I've been stressing out about this! But yeah, I think that makes a lot of sense. Thanks good.gif

Is the 221gn form a denial or no?

Thanks though, I need to calm down a bit headbonk.gif

Chill.....the 221g is just a request for more evidence or documentation. If they keep the passport, then all is good.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone!

So, our interview is next Tuesday and I am busy organising the relevant documents to bring with me. I just noticed that my fiancee didn't send me any of his tax information whatsoever, and the original I-129F contains no tax information either. He's sent me his pay stubs, letters from his bank regarding his accounts and deposits, letters relating to stocks he owns and a letter from his employer, but no tax transcripts. I am freaking out since he's applied for them online today and was informed that it takes 10-30 days to acquire. Are these required? Is there a chance of us being denied because I don't have them?

Have him email you copies of his tax return. Do NOT go by the instructions with the I-134, go by the embassy instructions letter - and I am betting that letter asks for the most recent tax return and W-2. Copies are all that are needed so he can email them.

For sure don't follow that when you do your interview at USEM as the most recent tax return and W-2 are REQUIRED. Follow the embassy instructions letter. And for you .... follow the flashing arrow below my post.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.