laoplayer

Medical Examination and I-129F extension needed

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Laos
Timeline

My fiancee has been to Udon Thailand 3 times now since September this year. She still has not been giving the need document to proceed to the next step. My petition will expire on Novermber 23, 2013. She is schedule for another medical examination appointment on February 6, 2013. How do i request a extension to my petition which will expire this month. She is in Vientiane , Loas. Do I send the embassy and written letter in the mail , fax it or email it. My petition was approve Approved back in Auguest. Any help would be appreciate.

Edited by laoplayer

My fiancee has been to Udon Thailand 3 times now since September this year. She still has not been giving the need document to proceed to the next step. My petition will expire on Novermber 23, 2013. She is schedule for another medical examination appointment on February 6, 2013. How do i request a extension to my petition which will expire this month. She is in Vientiane , Loas. Do I send the embassy and written letter in the mail , fax it or email it. My petition was approve Approved back in Auguest. Any help would be appreciate.

Did u get your case number and check your visa status application? If you did and then you were supposed to get mail from NVC and stating what you should do the next. I believe since you were approved in August 2013, no where on NVC mail will mentioned about fill out DS-160 form to apply for K-1 visa.

I'm not familiar with US embassy in Bangkok processing a K-1 visa. You should go and check on VJ here portal of embassy/consulate where your fiance will apply for visa. Consulate will automatically extended I-129F approval if you showing want to pursue a K-1 visa.

If your fiance will apply visa at US embassy in Bangkok, I will suggest you to ask Ning, who familiar with the process in Bangkok. Good luck!

Edited by Girl from Celebes

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Timeline

The problem is she is having problems with her medical examination and having to go for another one on 2-6-2014. Do I have to write the US embassy in Laos to extend your petition. She is Laos citizen. We can't proceed forward without passing the medical part.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

The problem is she is having problems with her medical examination and having to go for another one on 2-6-2014. Do I have to write the US embassy in Laos to extend your petition. She is Laos citizen. We can't proceed forward without passing the medical part.

You mentioned that your fiance has been to Udon, Thailand thrice since September and has not received a document she needs - what document is that? Is she interviewing in Thailand or Laos?

In either case, to extend the petition, drop an email to the US embassy in the location she will be interviewing at and ask what needs to be done to extend the petition. Often, it is done automatically, but do check if any extra documentation will be required at the interview (some consulates require a new letter of intent to marry from both of you since some time has lapsed since filing the petition).

Flying to Seattle on 6 May 2014!

Timeline

Thanks for replaying back. appreciate it. Ok the document(s) is need is passing the medical exam and all required shots have been taken. She is having problems passing the exam part due to health issues. I won't get into it. Now my I-797 was approved and valid from 7/24/13 to 11/23/13. She has to go back to the clinic 2-6-14 next year for another exam and I hope she pass and there is nothing wrong with her. Now she will be having the interview in Laos someday next year. Do I have to request a extension to my original petition that was approve. Because it going to expire on Novermember 23 of this year. If so where I do email it to or write it to.

Edited by laoplayer

Filed: Country: Laos
Timeline

I am also petitioning for a fiance in laos. My expire date is almost the same as yours Aug-Nov. It takes about a month to get an interview date. So I emailed the embassy with my VTN number about my petition expiring before the interview and they said it automatically gets extended. But I don't know how long it will be extended for. My fiance will go to the embassy this week to get her interview date so I'm guessing her interview will be in December. You should email the embassy to double check!!! Do it soon incase they want additional information.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Laos
Timeline

If you having issues with the Udon clinic I suggest the clinic in Laos. Also, when does it say you need to pass the medical before you even get an interview date? I recalled my wife had to go multiple times for vacinations and X-rays after getting her Interview date. BTW, hire a consultant in Laos who knows the procedures to obtain the K1 Visa. It's dirt cheap and he/she would hold your fiance's hand the entire way! Dont know anyone? Ask the Elders and you shall get in contact with one.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.