Emmaj

NOA2/Interview Scheduling Question (Australian beneficiary).

3 posts in this topic

My fiance received our NOA2 in the mail yesterday, with validity dates from Oct 2013 - February 28th 2014. The problem for us is that I'm leaving to go over to the U.S. with him for three months (November 22 2013 - February 20 2014) and I'm not sure I will be home to receive my interview instructions/what else I need to do. Does anyone know of a way I can handle these things from over in the States, ready for when I come back to Australia?

Thank-you, I find all this a little confusing.

Personally, I would cut the trip short. Otherwise you're probably going to need to call/email/write to the consulate in Sydney and request an extension.. I'm not too sure how that would look, but I do know they give them out under reasonable circumstances (for example, my interview was Sept 24th, and my petition was set to expire 6 days later on Sept 30th - they said I'd be fine but in the end they had to extend it by 2 days). Remember when you send pkt 3 you are signing off that you are ready to be interviewed. Don't send it all through if you're still in the states and thus can't attend. It just wastes theirs and your time.

Personally, I would cut the trip short. Otherwise you're probably going to need to call/email/write to the consulate in Sydney and request an extension.. I'm not too sure how that would look, but I do know they give them out under reasonable circumstances (for example, my interview was Sept 24th, and my petition was set to expire 6 days later on Sept 30th - they said I'd be fine but in the end they had to extend it by 2 days). Remember when you send pkt 3 you are signing off that you are ready to be interviewed. Don't send it all through if you're still in the states and thus can't attend. It just wastes theirs and your time.

Well, in addition, I'm currently unsure as to what information I need to gather prior to my interview. I am aware that I need a medical check beforehand, but how much needs to be done beforehand? Would it be reasonable to try schedule my interview for late Feb (even if I don't come home early)?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.