BuvRahl

Which comes first?

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Probably a stupid question, but just trying to figure out exactly what gets paid when. Our K1/K2 case is somewhere between the USCIS and NVC at this point, and trying to figure out what payment comes first. I've looked at timelines, but most just talk about documentation needed, etc, and little about when payments are due. I'm sure some of this has to do with each specific consulate, and Visa process, etc...

Our consulate is in Kiev, Ukraine. Will the medical exam payments come first, and then the payments for the Visa's, or v/v? Just trying to anticipate when the funds are due, and getting them to my fiance, etc.

Thanks for all the help,

Lee

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Not stupid questions. If you haven't done so already, go atop any VJ page, click the link for "Embassy Info," and read about Kiev. Information might also be available under "Reviews: Embassy."

(Moderator hat on)

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Russia/Ukraine/Belarus forum -- topic is consulate-specific. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Welcome to the RUB also. You will find a lot of very helpful advice here and make some new friends. It sounds like you are very close to the end of the first stage. You will find that the fees for the visa and the payment for the medical are so close as to be considered simultaneous. You will have to wait for the KEV number after your application leaves NVC. You should already have the police report completed, but if not, get her started now.

Congratulations on getting this far. The remaining time will go fast, so start preparing for her arrival.good.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hey guys,

Probably a stupid question, but just trying to figure out exactly what gets paid when. Our K1/K2 case is somewhere between the USCIS and NVC at this point, and trying to figure out what payment comes first. I've looked at timelines, but most just talk about documentation needed, etc, and little about when payments are due. I'm sure some of this has to do with each specific consulate, and Visa process, etc...

Our consulate is in Kiev, Ukraine. Will the medical exam payments come first, and then the payments for the Visa's, or v/v? Just trying to anticipate when the funds are due, and getting them to my fiance, etc.

Thanks for all the help,

Lee

You can pay your visa fee now if you want. There is no need to have your KEV number or anything else other than the form from their site. The payment is valid for one year. Make sure not to lose the receipt if you pay. You will need the receipt number to register for the interview. See here for how to pay and example of receipt and which number you'll need: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ua/ua-niv-paymentinfo.asp

You can also wait until you're ready to schedule the interview and pay before you schedule. You just need to wait a couple of hours between paying and scheduling for the system to recognize the receipt number.

For the medical you pay directly at the clinic, so it's on the same day you have your medical. You will need to have your KEV number to get the medical.

1/4/13 - I129-F Sent | 1/8/13 - Received by USCIS
1/10/13 - NOA1 to VSC | 1/11/13 - Text/Email | 1/17/13 - Hard Copy Received
1/16/13 - Alien Registration Number changed
5/24/13 or 5/29/13 - Case Transferred to TSC
7/2/13 - NOA2 from TSC! (173 days from NOA1) | 7/6/13 - Hard Copy Received
7/18/13 - Shipped to NVC | 7/26/13 - Received at NVC and case number assigned
7/29/13 - In transit to consulate | 7/31/13 - Received by consulate
8/20/13 - Medical - Passed | 8/21/13 - Interview - Approved!
8/28/13 - Passport with visa ready to pickup from courier
10/17/13 - POE - JFK
10/28/13 - Applied for SSN and marriage license | 11/2/13 - SS card received
11/21/13 - Wedding

12/30/13 - I485/I765/I131 Sent | 1/2/14 - Received by USCIS
1/3/14 - NOA1 to NBC | 1/16/14 - Hard Copy Received
2/4/14 - Biometrics
3/7/14 - AP and EAD approved!
3/11/14 - AP/EAD card mailed | 3/14/14 - Received
4/10/14 - Interview Waiver letter
6/16/14 - Approved! | 6/21/14 - GC Received

5/2/16 - I-751 Sent | 5/5/16 - Received by USCIS
5/6/16 - NOA1 to VSC
6/14/16 - Biometrics

4/19/17 - Approved! | 4/22/17 - Letter received | 5/4/17 - GC Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.