kitthekat

Singapore K1s

516 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

You mean that you entered US on K1 visa in August and there is no I-94 record online?

Do you have the entry stamp on your passport?

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/1696/kw/I%2094%20CORRECTION/session/L3RpbWUvMTQ3NzYwMzY0MC9zaWQvTFI2Zk9hMm4%3D

email addresses for I-94 correction requests at the following nine Deferred Inspection offices:

1. Boston: cbp.boston.i94@cbp.dhs.gov

2. Charlotte: i94request-clt@cbp.dhs.gov

3. Chicago: i94chi@cbp.dhs.gov

4. Houston: cbphoui94@cbp.dhs.gov

5. Miami: cbpmiai94@cbp.dhs.gov

6. Milwaukee: i94mil@cbp.dhs.gov

7. Orlando: orlandoi-94team@cbp.dhs.gov

8. Seattle: i94.correction.seattle@cbp.dhs.gov

9. St. Paul: i94msp@cbp.dhs.gov

Hi Merrytooth,

I got my I-94 record updated on CBP website. I still have a few questions to ask you and appreciate you help on this. For submission of the I-485, what other evidence of record did you submit besides the legal document. I read some submit witness confirmation that you are actually married, bank statement of joint account. Is this necessary?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Cheers!

Hi Merrytooth,

I got my I-94 record updated on CBP website. I still have a few questions to ask you and appreciate you help on this. For submission of the I-485, what other evidence of record did you submit besides the legal document. I read some submit witness confirmation that you are actually married, bank statement of joint account. Is this necessary?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Cheers!

You only need to submit a copy of your marriage certificate.

As for financial co-mingled stuff, you don't have to send them in at AOS stage, since you are adjusting status from K-1 visa.

Here is an example of AOS checklist:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/544755-k1-aos-checklist-did-i-miss-anything/

Meanwhile, you can start a folder/box to collect documents of financial co-mingled for removal of conditions, which requires you to show bona fide marriage evidence spanning the whole 2 years.

By the end of the 2 years (90 days preceding the expiration date on your 2 year permanent residence card), you will be ready to file ROC I-751, with necessary documents.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Timeline

You only need to submit a copy of your marriage certificate.

As for financial co-mingled stuff, you don't have to send them in at AOS stage, since you are adjusting status from K-1 visa.

Here is an example of AOS checklist:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/544755-k1-aos-checklist-did-i-miss-anything/

Meanwhile, you can start a folder/box to collect documents of financial co-mingled for removal of conditions, which requires you to show bona fide marriage evidence spanning the whole 2 years.

By the end of the 2 years (90 days preceding the expiration date on your 2 year permanent residence card), you will be ready to file ROC I-751, with necessary documents.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

Hi Merrytooth,

One more thing I need to check with you regarding SSN. What should I tick on the question they ask about whether I'm allowed to work or otherwise. I have not submitted my I-765 (Employment Authorization) yet.

Thank you.

Hi Merrytooth,

One more thing I need to check with you regarding SSN. What should I tick on the question they ask about whether I'm allowed to work or otherwise. I have not submitted my I-765 (Employment Authorization) yet.

Thank you.

Are you applying for SSN?

You should tick the box: "Legal Alien Allowed To Work."

You should be aware that many SSA offices will not allow you to apply for a SSN if your I-94 is about to expire (generally 14 days prior to the expiration on your I-94).

Then you would have to wait to apply for SSN once you have EAD card.

File the I-765 & I-131 (Advance Parole) currently with I-485.

Timeline

Are you applying for SSN?

You should tick the box: "Legal Alien Allowed To Work."

You should be aware that many SSA offices will not allow you to apply for a SSN if your I-94 is about to expire (generally 14 days prior to the expiration on your I-94).

Then you would have to wait to apply for SSN once you have EAD card.

File the I-765 & I-131 (Advance Parole) currently with I-485.

Hi Merrytooth,

I apologize in advance. I'm so stressed out. Can I just file I-765 & I-131 later as I'm not in a rush to work as yet and focus on filing I-485 first until it is done?

My I-94 is about to expire. So I shall wait for the EAD card to apply.

Thank you so much for your help! Greatly appreciate. :)

Hi Merrytooth,

I apologize in advance. I'm so stressed out. Can I just file I-765 & I-131 later as I'm not in a rush to work as yet and focus on filing I-485 first until it is done?

My I-94 is about to expire. So I shall wait for the EAD card to apply.

Thank you so much for your help! Greatly appreciate. :)

Yes, you can file I-765 & I-131 at a later date, attached with a copy of I-485 NOA1 so that the filing fees are waived.

You can read through these form examples here to help you filling up the forms.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/examples

Personally, I will send all the forms in one package to avoid the hassle.

Take your time to read through the forms instructions. It is ok to be a few days late sending the AOS package, over your I-94 expiration date (Overstay is forgiven for spouse of USC).

Although you may not in a rush to work, you might want to have EAD to apply for driver license/state ID as well.

Timeline

Yes, you can file I-765 & I-131 at a later date, attached with a copy of I-485 NOA1 so that the filing fees are waived.

You can read through these form examples here to help you filling up the forms.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/examples

Personally, I will send all the forms in one package to avoid the hassle.

Take your time to read through the forms instructions. It is ok to be a few days late sending the AOS package, over your I-94 expiration date (Overstay is forgiven for spouse of USC).

Although you may not in a rush to work, you might want to have EAD to apply for driver license/state ID as well.

Hi Merrytooth,

I am really embarrassed now that I kept bothering you with questions but I'm really confused! :( I'm almost done gathering all the supporting document. I read your response above and wondering about your first sentence [ Yes, you can file I-765 & I-131 at a later date, attached with a copy of I-485 NOA1 so that the filing fees are waived] Do we have to pay separate fees for filing I-765 and I-131? Because the checklist only mentioned a check payable to USCIS of only $1,070.

Thank you once again for your help! <3

Hi Merrytooth,

I am really embarrassed now that I kept bothering you with questions but I'm really confused! :( I'm almost done gathering all the supporting document. I read your response above and wondering about your first sentence [ Yes, you can file I-765 & I-131 at a later date, attached with a copy of I-485 NOA1 so that the filing fees are waived] Do we have to pay separate fees for filing I-765 and I-131? Because the checklist only mentioned a check payable to USCIS of only $1,070.

Thank you once again for your help! <3

Your overall AOS fee is $1070.

If you send I-765, I-131 at a later date, you have to attach the I-485 NOA1 as proof of pending AOS.

https://www.uscis.gov/i-765 Instruction:

NOTE: If you filed Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, as of July 30, 2007, and you paid the Form I-485 filing fee, no fee is required to also file a request for employment authorization on Form I-765.

You may file the Form I-765 with your Form I-485, or you may submit the Form I-765 at a later date.

If you file Form I-765 separately, you must also submit a copy of your Form I-797C, Notice of Action, receipt as evidence of the filing of Form I-485 as of July 30, 2007

Timeline

Your overall AOS fee is $1070.

If you send I-765, I-131 at a later date, you have to attach the I-485 NOA1 as proof of pending AOS.

https://www.uscis.gov/i-765 Instruction:

NOTE: If you filed Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, as of July 30, 2007, and you paid the Form I-485 filing fee, no fee is required to also file a request for employment authorization on Form I-765.

You may file the Form I-765 with your Form I-485, or you may submit the Form I-765 at a later date.

If you file Form I-765 separately, you must also submit a copy of your Form I-797C, Notice of Action, receipt as evidence of the filing of Form I-485 as of July 30, 2007

THANK YOU MERRYTOOTH. YOU ARE AN ANGEL!

• 7 months later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hello All,

I see the last Singapore K1 Post was December 2016 so I'm not sure if this thread is still operative.

I am presently complying with an RFE from our 129f and  expect to send it in next week.  I'm looking forward to getting NOA2 so we can  schedule the interview.  Do we receive P3 after we submit the DS160 online?  NOA2 instructions say  the Medical exam is scheduled before Interview but when is the Medical exam performed? neil

Edited by PRC Rabbit

On 6/3/2017 at 1:19 PM, Anniebustamante22 said:

Hi everyone, please help do i need to finished my medical examination before i can apply my interview in us embassy singapore? Query regarding medical examination instruction? What form is this? Thanks

US embassy in Singapore usually schedules you 3 weeks after you have returned the required documents to them. Fullerton Medical usually sends back the results in 1-2 weeks after your scheduled appointment.

It's up to you if you think your medical results will already be available by the time you have your interview.

-=ROC & Naturalization Timeline=-

January 25, 2021 - ROC application received

January 22, 2022 - Case transferred

January 16, 2022 - Naturalization application received

April 7, 2023 - ROC and Naturalization Interview

April 20, 2023 - Oath Ceremony scheduled

On 6/2/2017 at 9:48 AM, PRC Rabbit said:

Hello All,

I see the last Singapore K1 Post was December 2016 so I'm not sure if this thread is still operative.

I am presently complying with an RFE from our 129f and  expect to send it in next week.  I'm looking forward to getting NOA2 so we can  schedule the interview.  Do we receive P3 after we submit the DS160 online?  NOA2 instructions say  the Medical exam is scheduled before Interview but when is the Medical exam performed? neil

Packet 3 is usually mailed to you by the embassy once your file from NVC is received by the US Embassy in Singapore. I would suggest you wait for your packet 3 before you submit your DS160.

The medical facility (Fullerton) will most probably ask for your letter from the Embassy...so better to be safe before doing anything else.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

I had sent all the documents needed to schedule me for my interview last week June 6,2017  now it's been a week and still waiting for it how Long does it usually take for them to review the documents and schedule a interview date? I checked my status at CEAC says last updated February 2017. How would I know if they received the documents I sent them? Thank you guys!

1 hour ago, Chamey said:

I had sent all the documents needed to schedule me for my interview last week June 6,2017  now it's been a week and still waiting for it how Long does it usually take for them to review the documents and schedule a interview date? I checked my status at CEAC says last updated February 2017. How would I know if they received the documents I sent them? Thank you guys!

Hi Chamey,

Sad to say, there is no way to know if they received the documents unless your mail was registered mail. The only way is to wait for their e-mail regarding your interview schedule. This takes quite a while...mine took a week. They might be waiting for your medical results...when did you have your medical done?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.