onakassi

Comment remplir le AOS package sous VWP help!!!

39 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Thanks, that's good to know.

Q21 is your current address, since you live together now.

yes i know, so i just have to put the date of my arrival in the us and leave the "to" part blank..

yes i know, so i just have to put the date of my arrival in the us and leave the "to" part blank..

Because i wasn't supposed to get married, when i came in the us last summer it was to visit my boyfriend and i stayed at his place, then we got married,and even since i am in the US when should i say his place became "our place" you know what i mean

Because i wasn't supposed to get married, when i came in the us last summer it was to visit my boyfriend and i stayed at his place, then we got married,and even since i am in the US when should i say his place became "our place" you know what i mean

Hmm? You put to "present." Don't leave anything blank.

Your husband should really be filling out this form, it is his to petition for you.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

Hmm? You put to "present." Don't leave anything blank.

Your husband should really be filling out this form, it is his to petition for you.

Thank you for your answer

Timeline

My husband thins he is donr with the I130/ G325A (both)

He also filled out the I864 but he needs to get the transcript tax returns ( which is gona take around 10 days)

I am filling out the I765 then ill start the I485

Just to make sure are the the only forms i have to fill out? I am not planing on going back to France until i we get the decision from the immigration about the green card so i dont need to fill out the I131 i guess..

Am I good??

I just have one more question: when we bought our marriage licence, they asked me if i wanted to take my husband name and i accepted. But i didn't get any documents telling me the change. On my marriage certifcate it s says that my husband and i got married under my maiden name..

what document can proove the change of name??

Thanks for your help!!!

Your marriage certificate is proof of name change for USCIS, if you choose to change your name.

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Timeline

Your marriage certificate is proof of name change for USCIS, if you choose to change your name.

thats why it is weird cause ive chosen to change my name but on my marriage certificate they kept my maiden name, so i guess they made a mistake, and i still have my name

Timeline

Welcome here!

Follow this guide: http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide2

No need for a lawyer, your case is pretty simple. It's a lot of work to assemble all the paperwork, but it's not that complicated. Just make sure that you read the PDF instructions for EACH form. They are all on the uscis.gov website.

Overstay is forgiven for spouses of US citizen, but better file sooner than later.

I-130 package is filed by your US spouse. I-485 is done by you. Most questions about forms are already answered many time on the VJ forums, so you can quickly do a search through the search bar on the top right of this page. You can find answers very quickly. smile.png

Hi! as u have been very helpful so far i have a few questions:

We went through kind of evrery forms. I still have some verification to do to make sure evrything is ok>

FORM I 485: i believe i have to fill out form 693 Part3: last status you enter: Visitor VWP, then for nonimmigrant visa i put N/A, same for consulate where visa was issue, because i do ot have a visa but an exemption of visa correct??

FORM I765: n14: VWP Visitor n15: VWP Visitor n16: ©(9) (380 dols fee)

and i think for the rest we are good....

thats why it is weird cause ive chosen to change my name but on my marriage certificate they kept my maiden name, so i guess they made a mistake, and i still have my name

No.

I just wrote extensively on this topic, so I don't want to write it again. I will find and past here.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/463211-name-change-after-filing-for-aos/

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Hi! as u have been very helpful so far i have a few questions:

We went through kind of evrery forms. I still have some verification to do to make sure evrything is ok>

FORM I 485: i believe i have to fill out form 693 Part3: last status you enter: Visitor VWP, then for nonimmigrant visa i put N/A, same for consulate where visa was issue, because i do ot have a visa but an exemption of visa correct??

FORM I765: n14: VWP Visitor n15: VWP Visitor n16: ©(9) (380 dols fee)

and i think for the rest we are good....

EAD is free when filed with I-485. Please read the instructions.

Form I-693 is a medical exam performed and filled out by a civil surgeon. You do not fill out the form, the Civil Surgeon does. You need to schedule a medical on your own and send the results with your AOS package. You can find civil surgeons near you on uscis.gov.

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Timeline

EAD is free when filed with I-485. Please read the instructions.

Form I-693 is a medical exam performed and filled out by a civil surgeon. You do not fill out the form, the Civil Surgeon does. You need to schedule a medical on your own and send the results with your AOS package. You can find civil surgeons near you on uscis.gov.

yeah you right, im re read all the instruction for each form,and its what understood, as my husband just left im gona wait until he comes back to re read every instructions for every form with him , in case, just like right now i misunderstand something. Thanks for your help.... we are close to send the whole thing ( just need to get some papers here and there ..) Thank you very much, it feels good to know that people can support us duritng this moment. Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Harpa answered you already. I advise you to file also form I-131. It is also free when filed with I-485, and even if you don't plan to come back to France, there may still be an emergency. Plus it's not much more documents to include.

Also, even if some forms ask for the same documents, make sure you include all the documents for each applications (e.g. 2 passport pics for I-485, 2 more for I-765, etc...). Prepare each applications (I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131) like if they were separate.

You have to go see a civil surgeon accredited by the USCIS. Call several around in your area and compare their price. It's not cheap...

For the USCIS, you basically have 2 things to pay: the I-130 and the I-485.

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

Timeline

Harpa answered you already. I advise you to file also form I-131. It is also free when filed with I-485, and even if you don't plan to come back to France, there may still be an emergency. Plus it's not much more documents to include.

Also, even if some forms ask for the same documents, make sure you include all the documents for each applications (e.g. 2 passport pics for I-485, 2 more for I-765, etc...). Prepare each applications (I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131) like if they were separate.

You have to go see a civil surgeon accredited by the USCIS. Call several around in your area and compare their price. It's not cheap...

For the USCIS, you basically have 2 things to pay: the I-130 and the I-485.

Thank you for your help, ill filling out carefully all the documents, prepare each form with the docs , and re read all the instructions before sending everything.. thanks a lot

Timeline

Don't forget the civil surgeon!

ok thanks im pretty much done with filling out the dics, now i m going to make a copy of every docs i have and prepare a cover letter for every package. btw someone has a sample of cover letter for i130 ?

thank you all!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.