Ban Hammer

Sebelius defends maternity coverage for men in Obamacare

69 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Only Medicare isn't state run. It's run by the federal government. As is Tricare. What is run by the states is Medicaid and that program isn't working nearly as well for its beneficiaries as the former two.

Apologies, when I said "state run" in this instance I meant run by THE state as in the generic term for a government. I realize that was confusing given we are discussing US states vs the Federal Government.

Edited by Brown Dwarf

1d35bdb6477b38fedf8f1ad2b4c743ea.jpg

i find this quite amusing. you are quite enthused about tricare, while someone like me, who has tricare, is not impressed.

but i'm sure my first hand experience will be discounted in favor of what someone has read.....

Private health insurance is always open to you if Tricare is really so bad. Besides, you are one of a few that thinks he's getting a bad deal with Tricare.

97% of Tricare beneficiaries are Satisfied or highly satisfied with their health plan. It's the best there is.

0809.wilsonsurvey_p1.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Private health insurance is always open to you if Tricare is really so bad. Besides, you are one of a few that thinks he's getting a bad deal with Tricare.

97% of Tricare beneficiaries are Satisfied or highly satisfied with their health plan. It's the best there is.

0809.wilsonsurvey_p1.png

Got a link to that survey?

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

yeah, i must be the only one that gets referrals to a civilian doctor that has incorrect phone numbers on it, which requires me to have to spend time on the internet searching for the right number.

or having to tell tricare i had a referral, why are they charging me so much? oh because their computer flagged the payment as not having a referral, even though one was in the system.

i've dealt with military health care my entire life. while some may be impressed with it, i'm not.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

yeah, i must be the only one that gets referrals to a civilian doctor that has incorrect phone numbers on it, which requires me to have to spend time on the internet searching for the right number.

or having to tell tricare i had a referral, why are they charging me so much? oh because their computer flagged the payment as not having a referral, even though one was in the system.

i've dealt with military health care my entire life. while some may be impressed with it, i'm not.

You're lucky to have a health care provider to deal with, clearly millions of Americans do not. You have always had the option to pay to have another service but you have chosen not to, instead you prefer to dis your provider simply because it's government run and not because you have anything to compare it against. I am sure it's not perfect but here's a heads up, no system is. Your inconveniences are trivial when set against those millions who can't afford zip.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline

You're lucky to have a health care provider to deal with, clearly millions of Americans do not. You have always had the option to pay to have another service but you have chosen not to, instead you prefer to dis your provider simply because it's government run and not because you have anything to compare it against. I am sure it's not perfect but here's a heads up, no system is. Your inconveniences are trivial when set against those millions who can't afford zip.

using that logic, all those without a provider had the same options i did - a military career - therefore, they don't have anything to complain about either. ;)

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

using that logic, all those without a provider had the same options i did - a military career - therefore, they don't have anything to complain about either. wink.png

Seriously? That makes no sense. People who can't afford health care in the current US system could very well contribute to health care in a universal system and therefore be able to access it. Saying that everyone has the choice to make a limited choice is nonsensical. You have every right to be frustrated with the inconveniences that you encounter with your health care provider, why not? However, it is extremely difficult to believe you would rather have your provider be in the private sector when you have no experience of that that would mean in terms of a better or worse experience.

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

As I said, the Dem should have gone all out for Universal Health care - going for a compromise that the Reps could support because it kept the system in private hands was a waste of time.

It doesn't seem that you can get anything done in the US without acting unilaterally. It's a bit worrying to say the least.

Edited by Martin Wellbourne

Timeline

Seriously? That makes no sense. People who can't afford health care in the current US system could very well contribute to health care in a universal system and therefore be able to access it. Saying that everyone has the choice to make a limited choice is nonsensical. You have every right to be frustrated with the inconveniences that you encounter with your health care provider, why not? However, it is extremely difficult to believe you would rather have your provider be in the private sector when you have no experience of that that would mean in terms of a better or worse experience.

yes, i'm sure your 5 minutes of reading something about tricare outweighs my 50+ years experience with it :rolleyes:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

yes, i'm sure your 5 minutes of reading something about tricare outweighs my 50+ years experience with it rolleyes.gif

That's completely beside the point. You have gripes with the provision of care? Who doesn't? The point is that you have access to health care as do your family. Millions of Americans do not. Yet your main concern is to dis your provider rather than admit however grudgingly that you have can get decent care, it's affordable and it's run by the government. Millions of your fellow country men would take what you have over what they have if they had the option and there is no really good reason why everyone shouldn't have that option except the ideologues who believe that people deserve to suffer based on some misplaced idea that most Americans are lazy bastards who don't want to work and want the government to give everything to them for free. That is complete nonsense and highly disrespectful of the vast majority of Americans.

It doesn't seem that you can get anything done in the US without acting unilaterally. It's a bit worrying to say the least.

The political system is one of the worst in the world and yet rather than change it through political action the vast majority of talking heads would rather focus their ire on Obama because he's not a real American and the Democrats because, well I do not really know why they are the focus of such acrimony to be honest. It makes very little sense when you are used to a more mature political institution. Whatever its faults, at least things get done with a degree of cross party cooperation in the UK. Here, there is so much money washing around, so many vested interests throwing cash at politicians nothing gets done except appeasing the lobbyists. What a complete waste of time.

Timeline

That's completely beside the point. You have gripes with the provision of care? Who doesn't? The point is that you have access to health care as do your family. Millions of Americans do not. Yet your main concern is to dis your provider rather than admit however grudgingly that you have can get decent care, it's affordable and it's run by the government. Millions of your fellow country men would take what you have over what they have if they had the option and there is no really good reason why everyone shouldn't have that option except the ideologues who believe that people deserve to suffer based on some misplaced idea that most Americans are lazy bastards who don't want to work and want the government to give everything to them for free. That is complete nonsense and highly disrespectful of the vast majority of Americans.

so what if i dis my provider? and spare me the think of the children/others emotional appeal because i so focused on that aspect of things.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

so what if i dis my provider? and spare me the think of the children/others emotional appeal because i so focused on that aspect of things.

Exactly why should you care about anyone else? You got it good and you can whine about it too. Fabulous Charles :thumbs:

Meanwhile, in the real world, the point was that tricare does provide decent and affordable care irrespective of your petty gripes and such a system would benefit Americans everywhere if such a model could be implemented instead of this hodge podge compromise that was intended to be a sop to the right but the right have withdrawn from actually participating in politics and just stamp their feet and say no. Great job America.

Exactly why should you care about anyone else? You got it good and you can whine about it too. Fabulous Charles good.gif

Meanwhile, in the real world, the point was that tricare does provide decent and affordable care irrespective of your petty gripes and such a system would benefit Americans everywhere if such a model could be implemented instead of this hodge podge compromise that was intended to be a sop to the right but the right have withdrawn from actually participating in politics and just stamp their feet and say no. Great job America.

The 'right' exists in the Democratic Party as well and it was conservative Democratic senators who are primarily responsible for the absence of a public option in ACA.