Sad.wasi

require documents for K3

7 posts in this topic

hi guys can anybody tell what documents we need for k3 ?

If I were you, I would forget about the K-3 and go the spousal visa route using the I-130 form instead of the I-129F form and then having to file the I-130 form anyway. The K-3 is basically a dead process, but the US government is very slow to remove things. As an example, they still ask if you have had dealing with the Nazi party and anybody who did would be at the youngest about 75 years old.

Check the guides at the top of this website and go see about the I-130 spousal visa.

Good luck,

Dave

Edited by Dave&Roza

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

thank u dave but we have already our i 130 in pending ..but nad its been almost 6 months and pppls tell us to wait for 6 more months ..thats why we wana to apply for K3 ..

Interview Date is november 18, 2014 :dancing: :goofy: :idea:

:wow:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

You can try filing for the K-3, check the guides at the top but really it will be useless. It may even slow you down while they try to find the I-130 and match it with the I-129. Remember you are from Pakistan so expect AP for several weeks/months even if you are approved at the interview.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

so should we apply for K3 ? cuz we cant wait for 6 more months and may be there r two mistakes in our i 130

1 when i sign my bio graphic form i didnt send that orignal but scanned and sent to my wife via email..

2 i forgot to write my name on the backside of my pictures

:'(

and we didnt send enough evidence with our i 130 but just 4 to five our wedding's picture ..

Interview Date is november 18, 2014 :dancing: :goofy: :idea:

:wow:

so should we apply for K3 ? cuz we cant wait for 6 more months and may be there r two mistakes in our i 130

1 when i sign my bio graphic form i didnt send that orignal but scanned and sent to my wife via email..

and we didnt send enough evidence with our i 130 but just 4 to five our wedding's picture ..

Have a look at the timelines under "immigration Timelines" and you will see that the K-1/K-3 verses the IR-1/CR-1 take a very long time. Most are now taking in the 10-14 month range. I would just wait to see if you get an RFE. Some USCIS employees want an original signature and others have let it slide and accepted a copy. What you want to do will not speed up anything and in fact will cause you more wait than you already have been thru. Just be patient and let the I-130 go thru its process. You have already spent 6 months in line waiting. Don't throw that away and start all over where you will have to wait 6 months to get to where you are now.

Good luck,

Dave

Edited by Dave&Roza

K3 is obsolete and very rarely used. this again will not speed the processing of your I-130.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.