Update

176 posts in this topic

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Holy Jumpin aslkjdfaskdfjasef!!!!!!

This is an increase over what they were doing a year ago. I'm going to refer Moh there tonight. I've been trying to explain their caseload is probably way too large to just approve-print-issue-deliver a visa in a day or two. Now I feel more then confident that's the case.

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your email message.

The visa has not been printed yet; we will look into the case and advise.

Regards,

Consular Staff

NM

jeeze....come on Cairo....enough is enough! But Jean, I am glad you have the energy to stay on top of them. This is a promising email.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

No, its not promising.

Why? what are you thinking that I am missing?

erfoud44.jpg

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Jean,

I'd get all those emails and forward them all to them, then ask them what you are supposed to beleive. I finally ended up forwarding about 6 emails to them then I got an answer (or maybe it was another blank statement). Cairo has a way of playing with everyones minds and it's very cruel. Sometimes I think they actually enjoy making peoples lives miserable. I wish I had the answers for you honey. You know I'm still praying for you both. (L)

Filed: Timeline

I am not having the best morning, so bear with me. Last night aparently Mohammed tried to call me several time and I never heard the phone. Finally, after him trying to get me all night we connected at 6 am. He was really worried sick. Then, I attempt to take a shower and find no hot water. I checked the breaker and it was thrown so I tried to reset it. *POW* complete with an orange flame from behind the breaker. So much for hot water for the next several days. Tried to call management and they are nowhere to be found. I'm so fed up with my life right now. Seems nothing can go right. I need to bounce some things off people here and hope you can help me think this through.

If they were supposed to print this stupid thing last Tuesday and it wasn't printed, that's 4 working days. IF there was a name hit, wouldn't they KNOW that? I mean, wouldn't it be in their system if another check was ordered? It is striking me odd that they don't know WHY it hasn't been printed after so much time has passed.

I also am unsure if Cairo operates in such a way that name hits happen when the visa is actually printed. It seems to me it occurs before this stage.

If anyone can help I would appreciate it. I'm teary and useless and trying to find the strength to deal with a very emotional and upset husband-to-be later. I really don't know how much sh*t they expect people to bear. Do I keep hope alive or just give in to the fact there are more delays?

If they were supposed to print this stupid thing last Tuesday and it wasn't printed, that's 4 working days. IF there was a name hit, wouldn't they KNOW that? I mean, wouldn't it be in their system if another check was ordered? It is striking me odd that they don't know WHY it hasn't been printed after so much time has passed.

Not knowing much about Cairo, but this is why i assumed it was promising. They could have said to you, they are finishing checks and will let you know as soon as processing is complete. BUT what they said is they do not know why it wasn;t printed. I think someone let it sit there. Call it carelessness, call it incompetance, call it neglectful...whatever. If you hadn;t email it might have sat there even longer. Now someone is going to try to "find" it and maybe it means they will actually print it.

Maybe I am too optimistic here, but sounds like a plausible explaination from avery beaucractic government group. I've seen it happen- the consulate not in any hurry to take care of issueing the visa- so I am hoping it is the same for you. I do not want to defend them. Even if the best scenario is they were careless, it is a very cruel thing they have put you through.

erfoud44.jpg

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

Cold showers, broken fuse boxes, stupid consulates...i think this is the day we need the chocolate fountain.....

chocofountain.jpg

Jean- you first, but just don't eat all the strawberries.

erfoud44.jpg

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I am not having the best morning, so bear with me. Last night aparently Mohammed tried to call me several time and I never heard the phone. Finally, after him trying to get me all night we connected at 6 am. He was really worried sick. Then, I attempt to take a shower and find no hot water. I checked the breaker and it was thrown so I tried to reset it. *POW* complete with an orange flame from behind the breaker. So much for hot water for the next several days. Tried to call management and they are nowhere to be found. I'm so fed up with my life right now. Seems nothing can go right. I need to bounce some things off people here and hope you can help me think this through.

I also am unsure if Cairo operates in such a way that name hits happen when the visa is actually printed. It seems to me it occurs before this stage.

If anyone can help I would appreciate it. I'm teary and useless and trying to find the strength to deal with a very emotional and upset husband-to-be later. I really don't know how much sh*t they expect people to bear. Do I keep hope alive or just give in to the fact there are more delays?

Jean, remember when they were bouncing this and that off Khallid and I??? Then they told me it was related to everything going on in the Middle East and they had an extra load. Don't know if this could be something too. I did look at the interview list and there are sooooo many other countries that are going through Cairo now. BUT....Moh is supposed to be done. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to print something. Anywhoo.....I just think that whole embassy is ran by the Mickey Mouse club. They make promises after promises and then nothing. :angry:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.