591 posts in this topic

Oh congrats on moving !! And with fireplace !! I wish we were moving too, living with the parents and having one room is no fun. Cannot wait till we have our own place.

Good luck to you guys though, sounds awesome.

We just got a third dog !

GC received on the 28th of February, 2014 - no interview, no additional RFE's

Divorced as of September, 2014

NOA1 for ROC 14 October, 2014

Life goes on, my ex-husband is a moron.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

FYI...NOA1 9/30, Hard Copy 10/4

That Sept Thread is so dead since you all left :-(

Waiting on Biometric appointment letter now.

Edited by TeamM&M

LPR Lifting Conditions

California Servis Center, Laguna Nigel, CA
2015-10-26 (Day 00): I-751 Filed via USPS
2015-10-28 (Day 02): NOA1 Date
2015-11-09 (Day 14): Biometrics Notification Received
2015-11-17 (Day 22): Biometrics Complete

2016-05-03 (Day 190): Approved, Card in Production

2016-xx-xx (Day xx): Green Card Received

Adjustment of Status from K-1
CIS Office San Francisco, CA
2013-09-25 (Day 00): AOS, EAD, AP Filed via FedEx
2013-09-26 (Day 01): SSN Applied; AOS, EAD, AP Delivered Chicago
2013-09-30 (Day 05): NOA1 AOS, EAD, AP (text-email)
2013-10-02 (Day 07): SSN Card Arrived in Mail
2013-10-04 (Day 09): NOA1 (hard copy)
2013-10-07 (Day 12): Bio. Appt. Letter Received (Appt. Date 10-23)
2013-10-08 (Day 13): Walk-In Biometrics Successful
2013-11-19 (Day 55): I-485 status change to "Testing and Interview" (email notification, no texts)
2013-11-22 (Day 58): I-765 status change to "Card/ Document Production" (email notification + texts)
2013-11-27 (Day 63): EAD Card Shipped, tracking number avail only via website, ( 2x email + texts)
2013-12-02 (Day 68): EAD Combo Card Received
2013-12-10 (Day 76): "Interview Scheduled" (21 days in since Testing and Interview)
2014-01-14 (Day 101): Interview Date/Approval Date
2014-01-21 (Day 108): Greencard Received
K1 Visa Journey
California Service Center
Consulate Tokyo, Japan
2013-02-15: I-129F Sent
2013-02-21: I-129F NOA1
2013-06-03: I-129F NOA2
2013-06-14: NVC Received
2013-06-18: NVC Left
2013-06-20: Consulate Received
2013-06-27: Packet 3 Received
2013-06-28: Packet 3 Sent
2013-07-02: Packet 4 Received
2013-08-05: Interview Date : Approved
2013-08-08: Visa Received
2013-08-14: US Entry
Processing Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 102 days from your NOA1 date. Your interview took 165 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

I took a chance with medical. I sent in a copy of vaccinations from the medical back home instead of the 693 from civil surgeon here since they seemed to want to give me all kinds of shots and examinations I already had. I hope it won't be bad.

Also, did not send in tax transcripts from co-sponsor...did not have them and did not want to wait any longer. Expecting an RFE for it even if we most likely did not need a co-sponsor.

Otherwise, hoping for the best really.

Good luck on sending your AOS things. Hopefully all will move along fast enough for you guys :)

Going to file a AOS possibly in November. Any post application things that you missed or you would have done that you didnt. My fiance is going from K-1 to AOS.

My husband and I actually front-loaded my AOS application. We didn't want to risk any RFE's. The stress from our I-129F and my K1 experience has been enough.(Check my profile for my timeline and forum topics; We were part of the 2012 CSC July to October Blackhole; Case was lost by USCIS - sent to NRC instead of NVC;The CO at my K1 Interview was horrible, we were put on AP indefinitely, even if my then fiance now husband was above the poverty guidelines after submitting 221G docs).

I went to see a civil surgeon in Fargo and got my sealed I-693. We also went as far as providing more evidences of relationship like joint bank accounts and leases, etc. We know that it will be asked of us for the interview but we already had a lot of paperwork done during the first month and a half that I got here, so why not send copies in, right?

Again, at this point, we're just covering our bases because we don't want to get stressed anymore.

Good luck on your application in November!

Edited by Erika & Chris

Oh congrats on moving !! And with fireplace !! I wish we were moving too, living with the parents and having one room is no fun. Cannot wait till we have our own place.

Good luck to you guys though, sounds awesome.

We just got a third dog !

Thanks! Yeah, we're living with a roommate right now. We wanted to have a place of our own, plus the previous lease was ending.

Ooh, I want a dog! But the apartment doesn't allow pets. Oh well.

Good luck to you too! :)

Filed: Timeline

Look up the vaccination guide on VJ. It states that even if you have finished your vaccinations overseas you still need to fill out part of the application and get it cleared with a civil surgeon. Also you have to file the full affidavit of support I-864 which requires details such as at least 1 year of tax transcripts, letter of employment, bank account balances, w-2, pay stubs. I am not sure for K-1 visa holders filing AOS how much detail is required as far as having joint accounts, insurance, credit cards etc. I will try build this evidence as much as possible but it will be limited as I am filing within 90 days of her arrival leaving us with very little time to receive statements etc. Plus currently I reside with my parents and so will she so the best I can do is a Affidavit of Residence and letters from my parents in lieu of lease agreeements regarding my marriage and us living together. I am going to add her to my 401 K as beneficiary as well as other insurance and benefits from work including medical insurance. Hopefully I can locate enough statements from these sources with her name showing that I have added her to my accounts.

Hi guys! Well, with the help of my MIL, we filed our paperwork sometime on October 1, 2013. We haven't received any receipt or notice they got it yet though.

I took a chance with medical. I sent in a copy of vaccinations from the medical back home instead of the 693 from civil surgeon here since they seemed to want to give me all kinds of shots and examinations I already had. I hope it won't be bad.

We did the same thing and just had a copy of my medical vaccinations in the package. My husband and I did discuss it and he said we could just wait till they ask us to supply a form I-693. Reading the instructions, the K1 need not give a I-693 but could instead provide a copy of the medical supplement (the DS 3025) they were given during the medical required for the K1 prior to coming to the US. However, I've been reading some (mostly from the Philippines) who have been required to provide I-693. sleep.png Que sera sera. Whatever will be, will be.

K1 Visa Timeline

• xx-xx-2005 - Met in an online creative writing forum for anime (Yes, we are nerds. Awesome ones, at that.) Became friends ever since and chatted mostly on YM. Our characters' names were Kumi and Drake.
  • 11-20-2011 - We became a couple.
  • 05-16-2012 to 05-25-2012 - First visit
  • 11-08-2012 - NOA1
  • 12-11-2012 to 12-18-2012 - Second visit
  • 05-08-2013 - NOA2
  • 06-13-2013 to 06-14-2013 - Two-day medical exam; passed!
  • 07-19-2013 - He visits again to be with me for the interview
  • 07-22-2013 - Interview date / APPROVED!
  • 08-01-2013 - Seattle POE
  • 08-02-2013 - Arrived in MO.
  • 09-01-2013 - Married!

AOS Timeline

• 10-01-2013- Sent AOS/EAD/AP in.
  • 10-10-2013 - NOA1 Date
  • 11-05-2013 - Biometrics Appointment
  • 12-05-2013 - EAD/AP: approved
  • 12-17-2013 - Combo card received
  • 01-10-2014 - Notice of Potential Interview Waiver case
  • 01-24-2014 - Card production
  • 01-29-2014 - Card mailed
  • 01-31-2014 - Permanent Residency Card received
  • 05-05-2014 - Job offer

ROC TImeline

• 10-26-2015- Second Anniversary of Permanent Residency
  • 11-03-2015 - Sent I-751 application
  • 11-05-2015 - NOA1 Receipt Date
  • 12-04-2015 - Biometrics Appointment
  • 05-18-2016 - Card production

yah for sure. Somehow, now that we are together, we dont care about the wait for green card or whatever else. The work permit yes but that is separate so hopefully ...I get that. Then I can wait for years to come, as long as I work and we get to move out, we are good to go :)

I tried going to the dentist, that is insanely expensive....without insurance...

I am not sure for K-1 visa holders filing AOS how much detail is required as far as having joint accounts, insurance, credit cards etc. I will try build this evidence as much as possible but it will be limited as I am filing within 90 days of her arrival leaving us with very little time to receive statements etc. Plus currently I reside with my parents and so will she so the best I can do is a Affidavit of Residence and letters from my parents in lieu of lease agreeements regarding my marriage and us living together. I am going to add her to my 401 K as beneficiary as well as other insurance and benefits from work including medical insurance. Hopefully I can locate enough statements from these sources with her name showing that I have added her to my accounts.

Yes, this can be done. That's what we mostly did during my first 2 weeks here in the US. Getting married, adding my name to leases, joint accounts, insurances etc. I've been able to use my husband's insurance during my Civil Surgeon visit, me being a dependent. By the first month, we've already intermingled a lot of things. Before I left the Philippines, I was able to add him to my life insurance policy, too. All of these document copies that we were able to acquire, we sent out along with our AOS paperwork. :)

Hi guys! Well, with the help of my MIL, we filed our paperwork sometime on October 1, 2013. We haven't received any receipt or notice they got it yet though.

We did the same thing and just had a copy of my medical vaccinations in the package. My husband and I did discuss it and he said we could just wait till they ask us to supply a form I-693. Reading the instructions, the K1 need not give a I-693 but could instead provide a copy of the medical supplement (the DS 3025) they were given during the medical required for the K1 prior to coming to the US. However, I've been reading some (mostly from the Philippines) who have been required to provide I-693. sleep.png Que sera sera. Whatever will be, will be.

Hi! Good luck! You should be able to get your notice this week.

Yeah, I read about that too that's why we didn't want to risk it.

same !

same !

Yay for us! :P

Hello! Sent mine out on Friday 4th Oct, delivered to PO Box by USPS today.. gotta wait for NOA1

Hi and Welcome to the October 2013 Filers Thread! :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.