Mr. Big Dog

Let gun victims speak

155 posts in this topic

And to make sure, we allow you or anyone else to leave anytime you want. +1 You understand completely. We set ourselves up to be different than everyone else. If you think that is better...choose to live here. If you think it is not better...choose to leave.

You will not take away our freedoms, which is why we protected them, and you do not have to like them.

Who's "we"?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My wife's friends and family think everyone in the US is nuts for allowing this gun culture to continue. I try to explain to them that most people in the US want stricter gun control and new laws, but they can't get them passed. Then they ask how a minority of the populace can over rule the majority.

Because it is a right and not subject to opinion. Rights are intended to protect what is NOT popular. We did not pass a civil rights act to protect white people. We do not recognize the rights of Gay/Lesbians because most people are Gay/Lesbian. We do not need the 1st amendment to protect the New York Times, we need it to protect Larry Flynt. We do not need freedom of religion to protect Catholicism, we need it to protect Islam, Scientology, and Unitarianism.

I am disappointed that an American cannot answer a simple question about the importance of our freedoms to a foreigner better than to say "Most people want it but they cannot get it passed". Doesn't say much fr our schools.

A better answer to your wife's friends and family would be..".then stay in Canada."

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

I am disappointed that an American cannot answer a simple question about the importance of our freedoms to a foreigner better than to say "Most people want it but they cannot get it passed". Doesn't say much fr our schools.

Right, because "stay in Canada" is a much more intelligent response?

Timeline

Who's "we"?

Americans. NRA members, of which I have been a life member involved in legislative issues for nearly 40 years. WE. Me and my posse, are not going to let pansies who cannot answer questions about US freedoms take them awy from US.

If you don't like it... it makes me happy.

There will be no new gun control laws. WE made sure of that last fall.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Right, because "stay in Canada" is a much more intelligent response?

It is correct.

The correct answer to any curious foreigners is "because in the Untied States it is a RIGHT and it does not matter if you like it" That can be followed with..."if you do not like it, they let you leave"

You can tell your canadian relatives "there will be no new gun control laws in the United States"

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

It is correct.

The correct answer to any curious foreigners is "because in the Untied States it is a RIGHT and it does not matter if you like it" That can be followed with..."if you do not like it, they let you leave"

You can tell your canadian relatives "there will be no new gin control laws in the United States"

My relatives never really liked gin.

Americans. NRA members, of which I have been a life member involved in legislative issues for nearly 40 years. WE. Me and my posse, are not going to let pansies who cannot answer questions about US freedoms take them awy from US.

If you don't like it... it makes me happy.

There will be no new gun control laws. WE made sure of that last fall.

But Gary...We were told the NRA is irrelevant now, and it did not matter..That Obama would easily go around the outdated org.

But yet the same people rail against the NRA post, after ridiculous post.

Now that's funny

Can I tell all the rabid anti-Obama folks to move out of the country until his term is done? Does "like it or leave" apply to that too? Just curious.

Timeline

Disagree with something about the country you live in? SIMPLY MOVE. Duh.

Or stay and accept it. There is no constitutional provision to change the "Bill of Rights"

You can deal with it...or leave. No new gun laws. There WILL be further expansion of gun owners rights.

Gary And Alla

"I don't like what my tax money is being spent on!"
"Like it or leave."

"I don't like that gay marriage is being legalized!"
"Like it or leave."

"I don't like our President, I like Putin, etc etc etc."

"Like it or leave!"

This is going to be way easier to respond to arguments here now.