SPC09

K1 Interview APPROVED..but the PASSPORT is still at the consular section...

38 posts in this topic

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ive had my K1 interview last Sept.12 2013. It's almost a week now and my status hasn't changed. It only says READY but Ive gone w/ my interview and it has been approved. Ive checked my passport but still on post wc means it was still there at the consular section. I was wondering if they needed more documents or evidences from me. My interview had gone smoothly on that day. The Filipino consul told me at the last window Ive been to, just to wait for my passport to be delivered and I may now go. But my question is why they havent updated my status. If its on AdMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING I should've seen it on AP .But until now my status are still on READY even I was gone w/ my interview already. And if they needed more documents or evidences they should've handed me a green paper or 221(g) form but they did not. So my question is, is there anyone here who experienced the same case like mine? how long it would take? and how the process did go? Is there anyone here who can enlighten us ? pls. Thank you. Any answers is highly appreciated.

Hang on girl!

I have a friend from the other group... it's been 5 months now, they are still in "AP" status. They passed the embassy interview with her kid (K1/K2). By the way, no 221g slip were given to her. They keep emailing and calling the USEM but not giving a definite reason about the issue. The couple are too depressed now. :(

Keep praying that your status will change. This process is very stressful to some.

12/20/2012 - I-129F Sent
12/24/2012 - NOA1 Receipt Date
12/28/2012 - Alien Registration Number Changed
05/13/2013 - NOA2
06/25/2013 - Medical at SLEC; TB Positive
07/18/2013 - Start DOT Treatment at SLEC
01/17/2014 - End of DOT
02/27/2014 - Remedical Done
03/07/2014 - Vaccine Given
03/18/2014 - USEM Interview | Visa Approved!
03/25/2014 - Visa on hand
03/28/2014 - CFO
04/17/2014 - POE Chicago, IL
07/14/2014 - Wedding in Chicago, IL
09/08/2014 - AOS, EAD and AP Package sent to USCIS
10/06/2914 - Biometrics at USCIS Grand Rapids

11/15/2014 - Received my EAD

02/03/2015 - GC Interview in USCIS Detroit, MI --> APPROVED

02/07/2014 - Green Card on Hand

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The embassy states in their instructions letter that it can take up to two weeks for delivery of the visa AFTER issuance (not interview date). Be patient ... It has only been 4 business days since your interview...

Im just worried like today yes they updated my status as of Sept 19 2013 and still hasnt change still on "READY". Ive had friends in other group and actually were alot and have had all our interview done on the same day and theyre visa's were all issued now.. :( just thinking what could it be? why mine is taking for so long? and I'd be glad to see it on "AP" rather than still on"READY" :/

Timeline

Hang on girl!

I have a friend from the other group... it's been 5 months now, they are still in "AP" status. They passed the embassy interview with her kid (K1/K2). By the way, no 221g slip were given to her. They keep emailing and calling the USEM but not giving a definite reason about the issue. The couple are too depressed now. sad.png

Keep praying that your status will change. This process is very stressful to some.

wow 5months? damn.. :( what was wrong then and what is the possible cause? and it sounded like we cant do anything then but to wait for the usem to response :(

Timeline

I'm going through that same situation. It's been 27 days now. Still waiting patiently.

this is really sad, honestly i could wait but the problem is my fiance's approved leave. so if couldnt make it on time he would not be able to pull out another leave til next year and proly my visa then was expired :'(

Timeline

They've not updated your status

because

the visa packet is still being put together.

This takes some time,

and there is a queue for it, as there are hundreds of visa packets to be put together.

Relax, you.

When the visa packet is finished, this putting together, it'll get lobbed out to the mail room inside the IV Unit, and eventually a 2GO delivery van will show up.

Wait, relax, go easy.

I hope thats all they gotta do. coz if theyre goin to take it for months or so , I dunno anymore and my fiance would not be able to pull another leave til next :( his leave got approved and thats were all worrying about

Timeline

Hang on girl!

I have a friend from the other group... it's been 5 months now, they are still in "AP" status. They passed the embassy interview with her kid (K1/K2). By the way, no 221g slip were given to her. They keep emailing and calling the USEM but not giving a definite reason about the issue. The couple are too depressed now. sad.png

Im just worried like today yes they updated my status as of Sept 19 2013 and still hasnt change still on "READY". Ive had friends in other group and actually were alot and have had all our interview done on the same day and theyre visa's were all issued now.. sad.png just thinking what could it be? why mine is taking for so long? and I'd be glad to see it on "AP" rather than still on"READY" :/

5 months?? but why?? Mine is still in AP and it's been 7 days since my interview, but I'm hopeful to hear from USEM soon. It's case updated date is today, September 29, so crossed fingers the visa will be released soon.

Our Timeline

NOA1 ------------------- March 18, 2013

RFE ------------------- July 11, 2013

RFE Sent ------------------- July 23, 2013

Evidence Response Review -- July 24, 2013

USCIS Approved ----------- August 2, 2013

NVC Case Number ----------- August 31, 2013

SLEC Medical Day 1&2 ------ September 3&4,2013

INTERVIEW ----------------- September 12, 2013 (On AP,earlier divorce decree requested)My passport is left at USEM :)

DROPPED DOCS at 2GO MOA ---- September 13, 2013

Manila IV Correspondence ---- September 23, 2013 ( 10 days after dropping documents at 2GO)

Call from USEM ------------- September 24, 2013 ( CO asking for the original divorce decree)

FedEx Delivered ------------- September 30, 2013 ( Original Divorce Decree on USEM IV unit)

IV Unit correspondence------- October 8, 2013

Ready Open Case-------------- October 10, 2013

Issued----------------------- October 16, 2013!!!!!

Timeline

5 months?? but why?? Mine is still in AP and it's been 7 days since my interview, but I'm hopeful to hear from USEM soon. It's case updated date is today, September 29, so crossed fingers the visa will be released soon.

Good to hear yours atleast on AP status... but mine still on READY...??? why..what are the possible cause for them to update it but still on READY? this is actually depressing :'(

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

wow 5months? damn.. sad.png what was wrong then and what is the possible cause? and it sounded like we cant do anything then but to wait for the usem to response sad.png

She said the embassy is not giving the any reason. Well, the call center people only reads what is in their screen. They are only telling that it is still on AP status. They even use RapidVisa to help them with the process. They keep emailing and calling the USEM from time to time, still no update. This is so frustrating on their part. :(

12/20/2012 - I-129F Sent
12/24/2012 - NOA1 Receipt Date
12/28/2012 - Alien Registration Number Changed
05/13/2013 - NOA2
06/25/2013 - Medical at SLEC; TB Positive
07/18/2013 - Start DOT Treatment at SLEC
01/17/2014 - End of DOT
02/27/2014 - Remedical Done
03/07/2014 - Vaccine Given
03/18/2014 - USEM Interview | Visa Approved!
03/25/2014 - Visa on hand
03/28/2014 - CFO
04/17/2014 - POE Chicago, IL
07/14/2014 - Wedding in Chicago, IL
09/08/2014 - AOS, EAD and AP Package sent to USCIS
10/06/2914 - Biometrics at USCIS Grand Rapids

11/15/2014 - Received my EAD

02/03/2015 - GC Interview in USCIS Detroit, MI --> APPROVED

02/07/2014 - Green Card on Hand

Timeline

She said the embassy is not giving the any reason. Well, the call center people only reads what is in their screen. They are only telling that it is still on AP status. They even use RapidVisa to help them with the process. They keep emailing and calling the USEM from time to time, still no update. This is so frustrating on their part. sad.png

i know coz even mine, i starting to get depressed ang not just stressed.. thats why, what could it be? coz we're approved so whats the matter and what else theyre looking for? and if they needed more they shouldve given us or handed us a 221(g) form but they did not. and my fiance and i have waited for our petition to get approved after almost 11months and now they taking it so slow here? wow :(

Timeline

i know coz even mine, i starting to get depressed ang not just stressed.. thats why, what could it be? coz we're approved so whats the matter and what else theyre looking for? and if they needed more they shouldve given us or handed us a 221(g) form but they did not. and my fiance and i have waited for our petition to get approved after almost 11months and now they taking it so slow here? wow sad.png

Hopes up sis! Don't get depressed I know this is really stressing us all out. Let's attract positive vibes and think that we'll get our visa soon :)

Our Timeline

NOA1 ------------------- March 18, 2013

RFE ------------------- July 11, 2013

RFE Sent ------------------- July 23, 2013

Evidence Response Review -- July 24, 2013

USCIS Approved ----------- August 2, 2013

NVC Case Number ----------- August 31, 2013

SLEC Medical Day 1&2 ------ September 3&4,2013

INTERVIEW ----------------- September 12, 2013 (On AP,earlier divorce decree requested)My passport is left at USEM :)

DROPPED DOCS at 2GO MOA ---- September 13, 2013

Manila IV Correspondence ---- September 23, 2013 ( 10 days after dropping documents at 2GO)

Call from USEM ------------- September 24, 2013 ( CO asking for the original divorce decree)

FedEx Delivered ------------- September 30, 2013 ( Original Divorce Decree on USEM IV unit)

IV Unit correspondence------- October 8, 2013

Ready Open Case-------------- October 10, 2013

Issued----------------------- October 16, 2013!!!!!

Congratulations!

It usually takes a week or month for them to send, just wait and relax.

Timeline

Congratulations!

It usually takes a week or month for them to send, just wait and relax.

Thank you, but its not even on AP, it was still on READY :(

Timeline

Hopes up sis! Don't get depressed I know this is really stressing us all out. Let's attract positive vibes and think that we'll get our visa soon smile.png

I just really hope we all get done by this soon. Just cant help to worry alot about this. And its been so long since we havent seen each other too. And I know most of you can relate. We just all wanted to see all our love ones right away esp. if you havent seen each other for a long time.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

We have a similar situation. They told him he was approved, kept his passport and said his visa would be issued in 2 days to 2 weeks. Now it's been more than two weeks and we just learned we are in administrative processing. I am really regretting letting my parents plan a $25000 wedding. Because we aren't going to make it.

October 2008- Met in Florida at his brother's wedding to my good friend
August 2009- I went to Italy for 10 days to sight-see, our relationship officially began
November 2009- He came to Memphis for 10 days to visit and meet my family
January 2010- I went to Egypt to meet his family for a week then we went to Rome together for 4 days
March 2010- He lost his ID right before he was supposed to come to Memphis again so I went to Rome instead for a week
August 2010- He came to visit in Memphis for 3 weeks
November 2010- I went to visit him for 10 days in Rome
January 2011- He completed his Masters degree then came to Memphis to visit for 2 weeks
May 2011- I moved to Rome and stayed until November
February 2012- Back to Rome until October (minus a 1.5 month trip to Memphis in June-July)
October 2012- I filed the I-129F Petition upon returning to the states (late October-don't remember the exact date)
November 2nd 2012- NOA1
December 25th 2012- I returned to Rome for my last big trip
March 2013- I went back to Memphis to work full time and plan for the wedding
May 10th 2013- NOA 2!
September 3rd 2013- interview, told he was approved and we would get the visa in 2 days to 2 weeks
September 17th 2013- status says AP :-(
October 5th 2013- Wedding- did not happen

February 4th, 2014- Naples consulate called and said to send passport for visa issuance

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.