lodidodi

Replacement of GC due to USCIS error.

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi, i just wanted to know from people that sent back there GC due to error by USCIS "10 yrs instead 2 yrs" Has anyone received back His/Her corrected GC ? if yes, when and what did you do speed it up? because i am still waiting for mine...

two months ago, we have to file I-90 to replace the card which was erroneously issue to my wife, conditional instead of the 10 year card. We are still waiting for result.

incase you wanted to know the back story.

We got married back in June of 2008, we filed AOS in April 2010. We had our interview 3 Days after our 2nd year anniversary. USCIS gave my wife the 2 Year conditional green card. No big deal.

Just before 2 years (2012), we applied for the I-751 just as instructed. My wife was called in for biometrics around February 2013. Then called in for a second interview around March. Interview went well, along with our 4 year old son.

[ Juicy Part of the Story ]: Around June, we got a check for $590.00 in response to a "Service Error". Check the case with no new information. Got an infoPass, talked to the Officer and he said, the case was been "Administratively Close" as of march 2013. Started calling the #800, talked to a lot of them including a boat load of "Second level" officer.

1 officer said, well this was a mistake thats why they sent you back the money ( Approve or Denied, USCIS does not issue refund ). She told us to submit I-90 base on the following facts.

Married for 2 years at the time of AOS interview.

I-751 has been administratively close

I-751 fee was returned.

For the last month of so, i been bugging that #800 almost daily today, a friendly officer has expedited our I-90 due to the fact that the temporary extension letter (issued during the I-751) has expired back in march.

Edited by brimestone

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved form Process & Procedures to Progress Reports.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I'm trying to think of something rude to rant about USCIS. ^@$&T#%*^(# #&*@#!!!!!!!

My husband and I called the USCIS and spoke to several officers who told us to file the I-90 and send the card back. We did as instructed. Two weeks later we received an email stating we should return the card for they had made a mistake in issuing us the wrong GC and it should of been the two year one with removal of condition due in two years. The email stated if we return the card to the provided address he would be issued a new one within two weeks. We responded that we had already sent it back per the advice of the USCIS officers we had spoken to.

When my husband called USCIS last week, he was told that it would take 6 months for them to issue a new one. They are so messed up! girlwerewolf2xn.gif

They made the mistake and now we are as usual paying for it by having to wait yet again...The positive side of things is that he has a visa for two years in his passport and that is sufficient enough for now until we receive the new one.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.