Dipikant

DS260 exact address since you turned 16

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi,

I have a previous seaman's visa which is expired 10 years ago, now applied for CR1. I had filled DS230 but as per new rule, we need to fill DS260. This form needs the exact addresses where we lived since we turned 16. Now, my problem is, I don't remember the exact house address where I stayed in 10 years back & I don't really remember the address that I would have filled while applying for seaman's visa. Is there any way of seeing what I filled in my previous application while applying for visa?

Any input will be helpful.

Thanks,

Wife of USC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sierra Leone
Timeline

Sorry its really bad that i could not answer yopur question,but i av the similar question,filling the DS 156K AND THE ds 230 IS IT ALLOWED TO FILL IT WITH ink or typing on the system.

I understand how frustrating this is. Not only do you have to put the exact address but it doesn't matter how long the stay was. I moved 18 times to 13 different locations from age 16 to 32... How fun was THAT?!

If you can drive around, great, if not, then do your best via google maps!

Sorry its really bad that i could not answer yopur question,but i av the similar question,filling the DS 156K AND THE ds 230 IS IT ALLOWED TO FILL IT WITH ink or typing on the system.

You're a K1 and should ask these questions in the K1 forum as we don't necessarily know your process. I think the DS-156 is online and the DS-230 you can print and write in the answers yourself.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Thanks a lot for your input. I tried doing google search but that didn't help. I know the area, city & state but forgotten the exact house address. The main problem is when I applied for US visa last time 13 years back, I must have given that as my present address. Now if they match that old application with my present new, it will be a mismatch...am wondering how to access the old application that I must have submitted 13 years back.

I understand how frustrating this is. Not only do you have to put the exact address but it doesn't matter how long the stay was. I moved 18 times to 13 different locations from age 16 to 32... How fun was THAT?!

If you can drive around, great, if not, then do your best via google maps!

You're a K1 and should ask these questions in the K1 forum as we don't necessarily know your process. I think the DS-156 is online and the DS-230 you can print and write in the answers yourself.

I honestly don't think it'll be an issue. For instance, being denied a visitor visa doesn't have an impact on your IR1/CR1 visa. Even being denied entry to the USA doesn't have an impact. Just do the best you can. I used google maps for most of mine and asked people like my mom about other addresses. Maybe you have an old pay stub or tax return with that address or an envelope from a card or other piece of mail? If possible can you drive there to find out?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Thanks a lot for your input. I am just worried because I have a previous visa on which I think I might have updated that old address. that's why a little concerned if they will match the old application with this new form. It's not possible to drive down there as it's really far. I have shifted to a different part of the country now and it's not very easy to find addresses in India. If I don't find the exact address, I am planning to only provide the area, city & zip code and if asked will have to tell the truth that I have forgotten the details.

I honestly don't think it'll be an issue. For instance, being denied a visitor visa doesn't have an impact on your IR1/CR1 visa. Even being denied entry to the USA doesn't have an impact. Just do the best you can. I used google maps for most of mine and asked people like my mom about other addresses. Maybe you have an old pay stub or tax return with that address or an envelope from a card or other piece of mail? If possible can you drive there to find out?

Thanks a lot for your input. I am just worried because I have a previous visa on which I think I might have updated that old address. that's why a little concerned if they will match the old application with this new form. It's not possible to drive down there as it's really far. I have shifted to a different part of the country now and it's not very easy to find addresses in India. If I don't find the exact address, I am planning to only provide the area, city & zip code and if asked will have to tell the truth that I have forgotten the details.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.