Kendyc13

Bringing parents to US

4 posts in this topic

Hello All,

I'm soooo worried right now! crying.gifcrying.gifcrying.gif

I sent the petition for my dad and sister on 2/22, I received the confirmation email on 2/28 & the hardcopy on 3/4.

In may, I changed my address & up to now this is the ONLY update I have seen on the USCIS website!! It's been 6 months and I don't understand why it is taking so long!

I know for my sister it will take longer, but the one for my dad is the one worrying me, I call USCIS about 3 weeks ago and they sent a inquiry to check why it was taking so long, but I have not received an answer yet. crying.gifcrying.gifcrying.gifcrying.gif

Has anyone had their interviews scheduled or has been approved in the last couple days?

Thanks

Waiting to file...

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello All,

I sent the petition for my dad and sister on 2/22, I received the confirmation email on 2/28 & the hardcopy on 3/4.

In may, I changed my address & up to now this is the ONLY update I have seen on the USCIS website!! It's been 6 months and I don't understand why it is taking so long!

I know for my sister it will take longer, but the one for my dad is the one worrying me, I call USCIS about 3 weeks ago and they sent a inquiry to check why it was taking so long, but I have not received an answer yet. crying.gifcrying.gifcrying.gifcrying.gif

Has anyone had their interviews scheduled or has been approved in the last couple days?

Thanks

Hi Paula,

you may want to add your timeline here

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/451556-ir-5-timeline-2013/

you will see that there are some that have been approved in 2-4 months but like some of us we are still waiting =)

😁

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hello All,

Thanks

6 to 8 months minimum to forward your approved file to NVC and NA2 - keep bugging USCIS every 2 weeks.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi,

I wanted to know if there is any way i can apply for my mom (75 years old) and my sister who is a widower and takes care of my mom in Pakistan to process their applications as expedited? Any idea how long it takes for old mom and my sister who is 45 years old??? Can i make it expedited so that my sister can come with my mom to take care of her as she is defendant on her help to even walk with a walker. Thanks for help. I am a USC.

Regards, S. Umer

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.