maxx005

CFO Blues

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Wow, I got to tell you every step we take trying to get my Lady home is like pulling teeth! So my lady goes to the CFO class today and after checking out the website and the information here we think and hope we have everything in order including the questions to the ones which trip people up - My landline telephone number, My Birth certificate, My education background, and my parents middle names for Christ sake. But that's not enough they want proof I am not married - really?, I didn't see that question anywhere - so just my luck. Anyway luckily my lady has my 2012 tax return and it clearly shows I filed single - if this isn't enough I don't know what is. I am really hoping no more issues and we can just get this done. She will be going back tomorrow so please wish us luck!

Ouch...It is totally the luck of the draw with apparently no rhyme or reason involved. Tax return should suffice. We had mine just in case but they did not ask for it. Good luck.

Mahalo/Salamat!

Steve and Joan
Met on Facebook 2/24/12
Met in person 6/5/12
Second visit 10/2/12
Engaged 10/3/12
NOA10/15/12
Third visit 12/10/12
Joan got her passport! 2/20/13
NOA2 4/24/13
Fourth visit 5/28/13
CFO 5/30/13
Embassy Interview APPROVED 6/6/13

Joan passed through immigration in Hawaii! She's home! 6/13/13

MARRIED 8/24/13

AOS, EAD and AP petitions sent to Chicago via Express Mail

EAD/AP Received 11/13/13

AOS Interview APPROVED 11/26/13

2-year Green Card in hand 12/5/13

ROC (I-751) sent to CSC via USPS Express Mail 8/31/15

ROC check cashed 9/4/15

ROC Biometrics 10/1/15

ROC Approval 4/6/16 (waiting for actual card)

Permanent Green Card Arrived 4/14/16
Naturalization Interview 2/22/17 APPROVED!

Oath Ceremony 3/21/17--Joan is a US Citizen!

Dual Citizenship 7/7/22 Joan is now a Dual US/Filipino Citizen!

Kayak small lagoon crop 10 72 for VJ.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yeah, the tax return for proof of singleness was one of the nifty pieces of advice I found here on the VJ forums so we were prepared for it. The lesson here is read the forums, read the forums, read the forums, and then read the forums some more. LOL.

K1 VisaService Center: Vermont Service Center

Consulate: Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent: 2013-03-02

I-129F NOA1: 2013-03-08

I-129F NOA2: 2013-06-19

NOA2 Hardcopy Received: 2013-06-22

Embassy Received our Package: 07-02-2013

CFO Completed 07-04-2013

NVC Letter Received: 07-06-2013

Medical Completed 08-06-2013

Interview USEM 09-03-2013

event.png <p>event.png

Timeline

Yeah, the tax return for proof of singleness was one of the nifty pieces of advice I found here on the VJ forums so we were prepared for it. The lesson here is read the forums, read the forums, read the forums, and then read the forums some more. LOL.

x2

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wow, I got to tell you every step we take trying to get my Lady home is like pulling teeth! So my lady goes to the CFO class today and after checking out the website and the information here we think and hope we have everything in order including the questions to the ones which trip people up - My landline telephone number, My Birth certificate, My education background, and my parents middle names for Christ sake. But that's not enough they want proof I am not married - really?, I didn't see that question anywhere - so just my luck. Anyway luckily my lady has my 2012 tax return and it clearly shows I filed single - if this isn't enough I don't know what is. I am really hoping no more issues and we can just get this done. She will be going back tomorrow so please wish us luck!

Yup CFO keeps making thing more and more fun with adding "other documents", when you email a copy make sure your SSN is blacked out. CFO is not the place to let that kind of info out. CFO has been asking for divorce decrees or such for some time now and added wanting to see a tax return for those that have never been married a few months back.

There is CFO info in my link below this post.

Never heard of anyone bringing a copy of the Letter of Intent to CFO.... unsure.png

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

My wife just got her sticker today at the Cebu CFO. She had already taken the class.

We've had a lot of headaches in Cebu though, at NSO, at the airport flying to HongKong, seems even if you have everything there, Cebu wants one more document.

That must be the way they are trained there, by whoever is in charge.

Goodluck, I'm ordering tickets for my wife in a few minutes, finally done! :)

Gonna try again.

USS Liberty - Not Forgotten

Timeline

My wife just got her sticker today at the Cebu CFO. She had already taken the class.

We've had a lot of headaches in Cebu though, at NSO, at the airport flying to HongKong, seems even if you have everything there, Cebu wants one more document.

Goodluck, I'm ordering tickets for my wife in a few minutes, finally done! smile.png

What was the one more document? Good luck to you guys, it is a very exciting time. My lady has her interview in just a few hours so the excitement level is skyrocketing for me as well. dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gif

CFO Completed 07-04-2013

event.png <p>event.png

Timeline

Required documents & "OTHER DOCUMENTS" they ask for at CFO: originals & copies of; CENOMAR (CEMAR and marriage certificate if married), certified birth certificate. Passport and copies of bio page of passport, visa page from passport, pictures together. From USC (copies of) - bio page of passport, birth certificate, divorce decree (if been married before) are the most common requests. (USC if never having been married before CFO has been asking for a copy of the tax return - if you provide that to CFO then for sure BLACKEN OUT YOUR SSN and other vital info that should not be made public. )

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

What was the one more document? Good luck to you guys, it is a very exciting time. My lady has her interview in just a few hours so the excitement level is skyrocketing for me as well. dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gif

Well, CFO wanted my divorce decrees. The Embassy wanted the CEMAR which isn't listed anywhere on the required documents list, so we didn't know that was needed since we already had the Marriage Cert.. When we left for Hong Kong on our Honeymoon, even though I was with her they still wanted to see one more, one more, luckily we had everything for that.

Hope your's goes smooth. My friend waited a year and a half total for his K-1. Cuz his fiancé's Birth Cert had a small typo on it and they had to investigate it for months.

All this while Illegals are walking across our southern border, and WE THE PEOPLE put them up in hotels!!!!

Our Government is a TOTAL failure.

Gonna try again.

USS Liberty - Not Forgotten

Timeline
All this while Illegals are walking across our southern border, and WE THE PEOPLE put them up in hotels!!!!

good.gif Totally agree with you on that one. They can't even ask an illegal about his/her immigration status, but we sure have to worry about our loved ones being in status and up to date. I have to file AOS immediately because we will be traveling across the CBP checkpoints occasionally.

CFO Completed 07-04-2013

event.png <p>event.png

Goodluck, I'm ordering tickets for my wife in a few minutes, finally done! smile.png

CONGRATS!

Mahalo/Salamat!

Steve and Joan
Met on Facebook 2/24/12
Met in person 6/5/12
Second visit 10/2/12
Engaged 10/3/12
NOA10/15/12
Third visit 12/10/12
Joan got her passport! 2/20/13
NOA2 4/24/13
Fourth visit 5/28/13
CFO 5/30/13
Embassy Interview APPROVED 6/6/13

Joan passed through immigration in Hawaii! She's home! 6/13/13

MARRIED 8/24/13

AOS, EAD and AP petitions sent to Chicago via Express Mail

EAD/AP Received 11/13/13

AOS Interview APPROVED 11/26/13

2-year Green Card in hand 12/5/13

ROC (I-751) sent to CSC via USPS Express Mail 8/31/15

ROC check cashed 9/4/15

ROC Biometrics 10/1/15

ROC Approval 4/6/16 (waiting for actual card)

Permanent Green Card Arrived 4/14/16
Naturalization Interview 2/22/17 APPROVED!

Oath Ceremony 3/21/17--Joan is a US Citizen!

Dual Citizenship 7/7/22 Joan is now a Dual US/Filipino Citizen!

Kayak small lagoon crop 10 72 for VJ.jpg

Timeline

Well, CFO wanted my divorce decrees. The Embassy wanted the CEMAR which isn't listed anywhere on the required documents list, so we didn't know that was needed since we already had the Marriage Cert.. When we left for Hong Kong on our Honeymoon, even though I was with her they still wanted to see one more, one more, luckily we had everything for that.

Hope your's goes smooth. My friend waited a year and a half total for his K-1. Cuz his fiancé's Birth Cert had a small typo on it and they had to investigate it for months.

Embassy mentions they want the CEMAR with the IR/CR-1 visa, its item 3 in the instructions letter.

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/19452/public/Packet%204%20_appointment%20packet_%20English%20rtf%20_revised%20GSS_%20_2_%20rtf2_rtf_april2012_rtf2_002.pdf

Yup, CFO always wants a copy of the USC divorce decree +++

There is a CFO info link from the link in my signature.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Timeline

As a final update my Lady went back the next day early and got in line. She had my tax documents ready as well as everything but the kitchen sink. No issues and the second person she talked to didn't even request anything other then the basic documents - CRAZY!!! Anyway, it's all done and my future wife is flying home this Sunday. I can't wait. Thank you for all of your help and positive comments.

Timeline

Congrats!! :dancing:

(big part of the CFO seminar is how confident and self-assured a person is during the process... the meek always cause the predator to move in ;) )

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.