I AM NOT THAT GUY

Fast Food Strikes Go Viral: Workers Expected to Protest Low Wages in 35 Cities Thursday

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

A growing movement among fast food workers to demand higher wages is expected to gain momentum this Thursday as strikes and protests against the countrys biggest restaurant chains spread to the South and the West Coast.

Low-wage workers at fast food restaurants like McDonalds and retailers such as Macys are gearing up for a nationwide strike just before Labor Day weekend. The striking workers are demanding the right to unionize and at least $15 an hour in pay, more than double the current national minimum wage of $7.25. Organizers say Thursdays strikes could touch as many as 35 cities.

Experts are skeptical that a $15 per hour base wage is likely to be implemented. With almost 2.4 million fast food workers employed in the United States, the number striking is still relatively miniscule.

http://business.time.com/2013/08/27/fast-food-strikes-go-viral-workers-expected-to-protest-low-wages-in-35-cities-thursday

Filed: Timeline

With almost 2.4 million fast food workers employed in the United States, the number striking is still relatively miniscule.

Nuff sed.

McDonald's workers who want more money should consider attending Cisco Academy at their local community college. They meet two evenings every week and it takes 6-9 months.

Increase the prices to pay higher wages = less customers = reduced obesity & heart disease.

ACA forcing me to pick up the tab so..I'm getting on board with the left wing Nazis = force feed healthy eating habits damn it!

Except me = I keep getting to eat sheet coz I'm paying for every1 else!

Edited by Crashed~N2~Me

yes sir. i had the double combo last weekend. it was double yummy.

I'm not big on fast food joints, but Wendy's is my favorite and that burger is really good.

Increase the prices to pay higher wages = less customers = reduced obesity & heart disease.

ACA forcing me to pick up the tab so..I'm getting on board with the left wing Nazis = force feed healthy eating habits damn it!

Except me = I keep getting to eat sheet coz I'm paying for every1 else!

Increase the prices to pay higher wages = less customers = reduced obesity & heart disease. profit = fewer restaurants = Fewer employees = higher unemployment.

Edited by Teddy B

Increase the prices to pay higher wages = less customers = reduced obesity & heart disease. profit = fewer restaurants = Fewer employees = higher unemployment.

True too.. but.... No1 said Health is supposed to be affordable did they?

Gotta pay a price for good health - one way or another.

I hope it does not affect my trip to Jolibee in Va Beach thur our whole world would end