saqib ali

Citizenship through Father

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

1. Your father must file the I-130 petition

Your father must have a domicile in the US

Your father must have a US income or assets that meet the poverty levels at 125%

If he does not he must find a US citizen or LPR who is living inside the US to co-sponsor

After about 8-10 months of the filing of the petition you maybe will receive an immigrant visa and can come live in the US

If you marry it will change your visa category and you will have to wait longer

You will not aquire citizenship upon entry unless you are under 18 and arrive on an immigrant visa.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

His father has "US nationality" which I assume to mean he aquired his citizenship at some point, probably after the birth of the son. There is also a question of the residency requirement having been met. Pretty clear from reading the prior post and reading between the lines that he did not qualify for derived citizenship.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

I'm confused.

So the offspring of a USC is not automatically a USC? Or am I missing a key piece of data?

You're missing a key piece of data. The OP has another thread that you can read through. From his posts, it seems that his father was not a US citizen at the time of his birth.

Edited by aaron2020

Filed: Timeline

YOU NEED AN IMMIGRANT VISA. YOU NEED A GREEN CARD. YOU NEED THE GREEN CARD TO GET US CITIZENSHIP.

YOU CANNOT USE ANY OTHER VISAS TO IMMIGRATE TO THE US.

AT THIS POINT, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR YOU TO GET AN IMMIGRATION VISA BEFORE YOUR 18th BIRTHDAY.

YOU CAN IMMIGRATE TO THE US THROUGH YOUR FATHER, BUT YOU CANNOT GAIN US CITIZENSHIP THROUGH HIM BECAUSE IT WILL BE IMPOSSIBLE FOR YOU TO GET A GREEN CARD IN 4 MONTHS.

YOU DON'T SEEM TO GET THIS. I HAVE TOLD YOU MULTIPLE TIMES IN DIFFERENT THREADS WHAT YOU MUST DO AND YOU IGNORE ME.

1. Father needs a US domicile.

2. You need an immigrant visa in order to get a green card.

3. NO WAY CAN YOU GET US CITIZENSHIP THROUGH YOUR FATHER BECAUSE YOU CANNOT GET A GREEN CARD IN 4 MONTHS. NO ONE CAN GET A GREEN CARD IN 4 MONTHS.

bro how can i pay me fee when mailing the petition

Timeline

bro how can i pay me fee when mailing the petition

Saqib,

This is a Do-It-Yourself website. It's not a We-Do-It-For You website. Follow the instructions for paying your fee.

Go read the instructions, then ask if you have any specific questions.

It seems that you haven't even bother to read the instructions. Help yourself and others will help you. Be lazy and ask others to do all the work, and you are not likely to get help.

Edited by aaron2020

Saqib,

This is a Do-It-Yourself website. It's not a We-Do-It-For You website. Follow the instructions for paying your fee.

Go read the instructions, then ask if you have any specific questions.

It seems that you haven't even bother to read the instructions. Help yourself and others will help you. Be lazy and ask others to do all the work, and you are not likely to get help.

bro i have readed all the things on every site but i didnt understand how to pay 420 dollar fee

Timeline

bro i have readed all the things on every site but i didnt understand how to pay 420 dollar fee

Before you even ask - there are no exceptions and there is no other way.

A check or money order from a US bank in US dollars.

If your father does not have a US bank account, then you will need help. You need a US friend or relative to write a check from his bank account or is willing to get a money order here.

You cannot use a foreign bank. You cannot use an international money order.

Before you even ask - there are no exceptions and there is no other way.

A check or money order from a US bank in US dollars.

If your father does not have a US bank account, then you will need help. You need a US friend or relative to write a check from his bank account or is willing to get a money order here.

You cannot use a foreign bank. You cannot use an international money order.

my father has a U.S account so i should mail that check with my petition..?????

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.