6 posts in this topic

Hi,

so I had received an RFE for my K1 visa that said they want evidence for intent to marry. My lawyer sent it out on monday and my online status just changed to RFE response review. If I were to be approved, do they send a letter or will my status change online? Also, approximately how long does it take to hear back from them after they receive the RFE?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K-1 Process to K-1 Progress Forum~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi,

so I had received an RFE for my K1 visa that said they want evidence for intent to marry. My lawyer sent it out on monday and my online status just changed to RFE response review. If I were to be approved, do they send a letter or will my status change online? Also, approximately how long does it take to hear back from them after they receive the RFE?

Hi "its-amy".

I am in the same boat; we just sent our reply to RFE and the CSC received it on August 19th, and my status also says the same thing. I presume the status will change online, and a hard copy will also be received (as all cases of NOA2s do, or should). According to our immigration lawyer, she anticipates we will hear back in 45 days although the status (if you read through) says we'll hear from USCIS in 60 days or less. We had the exact same RFE, too.

I guess the good news for both of us is that we are so close to the next phase of this journey!

Applied for Naturalization based on 3-year Residency 

July 05, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed via USPS to Phoenix Lockbox

July 10, 2017 (Day 05) - NOA received

July 12, 2017 (Day 07) -  Check is cashed by USCIS

July 19, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics appointment letter mailed

August 02, 2017 (Day 28) - Biometrics appointment at Seattle Field Office

August 28, 2017 (Day 54) - Case is "in line" for an interview"

August 28, 2018 (Day 419) - Interview is scheduled

October 4, 2018 (Day 462) - Citizenship Interview AND Oath (offered same day oath by ISO in Seattle, WA)

Officially a U.S. Citizen - Proud to be an American

Hi,

Yes they will send u NOA-2 "Approval Letter" n ur online status will be change also, RFE after response it depend on workload actually, some get within 7-10 working days n some take one month or so, just be positive u r about to get NOA-2, did you or lawyer forget to send letter of intent of marry of petitioner n beneficiary? if so then ur lawyer got u in late process....anyways best of luck...

event.png

event.png

192230.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.