Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

question about documents needed after I130 approved (any updates since the posted guides?)

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

while I am waiting for my 130 approval, I am gathering everything I need so I wont have to hustle back and forth on obtaining the documents for NVC. I'm using one of the links provided on this site (James' guide), and I just want to make sure it is current and up to date.

Here is what I gathered or have prepared (I am living abroad):

- I864 for myself, including past 3 years tax, plus pay stubs of current income generated from my rental home in the U.S

- I 864A of joint sponsor, plus past 3 years tax, pay stubs, copy of passport

- Form DS 230

- For DS3032

Various documents for proof of domicile.

Besides that, are there anything I would need to provide?

Specifically, I'm asking about my divorce papers and my birth certificate. When I mailed in my I130, I incuded a certified copy to them, so they should have it. But if I need to send it in again, then I will need to request it now as it will take time for it to come back to me.

As for my birth certificate, I was born in israel and there is not a place for me to have it translated, so I dont know what to do with that (I"m a U.S naturalized citizen, if that will make a difference)

I Looked through the instructions on 864 and 3032, but did not see instructions on providing these, but want to make sure.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

you found James' Guide - please find LingChe and have a read.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Take a look at the first two posts of this thread and all the links therein: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/445228-nvc-filers-august-2013/

I suggest the joint sponsor sign a completed I-864 instead of an I-864a and you adjust your I-864 accordingly. The I-864a is for family household members who wish to combine their income. If you choose to go this route you need to provide proof of why you are using that form, such as proof of how they are your family member and proof of same residency. Also that means that person is included on your household count and you on theirs. The I-864 for both people is the simpler way to go.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.