bosson

Can you sign the checklist in the US?

2 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hey all!

This forum is amazing I got to say. Found it two days ago and my fiance and I have been in the process of a K-1 visa for many months. Our petition has been severely delayed because the VSC had too many applications. About 8 months ago we filed it now and we still haven't gotten our NOA2. VSC said they sent it to TSC a couple of weeks ago but we haven't heard anything since.

1. Now to my question. We thought the whole process would be done 8 months after we filed it so I got a plane ticket to America that leaves in a week. I'm going to go and visit her for 2 months while waiting for the NOA2 and the interview. I was just wondering if it OK to sign and send the checklist that comes with package 3 from America or do you have to sign it in your own country?
Obviously I'm going back to Sweden to have the interview when that is scheduled. Already got other documents ready and done the medical as well (it wasn't a problem doing it before you got package 3 apperently) so I can come home and be ready for the interview as soon as possible.

2. Thanks for all the tips and advice on what to bring to prove your ties to the home country. I'll bring bankstatement, paychecks, statement from employer saying that they are waiting me back a certain date, and a return ticket. Do you guys think that's enough? And with the document from my employer, what should they write?

Thank you all again.

Cheers.

Emanuel

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Welcome to the forum.

:time: It helps everyone that uses the forum. It enables other members to formulate appropriate responses relative to your immigration situation. It will also enable VJ to give an estimated NOA2 date. Although that may be a a bit off, due to the VSC to TSC transfer you already mentioned.

It is good to be prepared for the next step. However, keep in mind to not give the CO at the interview "stale" documents that may result in RFEs or other delays. Follow the time-tested VJ step-by-step K-1 visa guide for details:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

The K-1 Flowchart is also quite useful:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

Follow the instructions for Form I-134 for details necessary for the employer's letter:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-134instr.pdf

Good luck on your visa journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.