Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mota bhai

Hong Kong People demand universal suffrage; ChiComs threaten PLA intervention

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts


Occupy Central is a civil disobedience campaign ... to push for universal suffrage to choose the city’s leader in elections due in 2017. Hong Kong’s leader is now selected by an elite committee of about 1,200 people, many of them tycoons and others that Beijing considers friendly. “Occupy Central with Love and Peace,” to use the movement’s entire name, plans to organize thousands of people to occupy the Central district of Hong Kong or another part of the city, probably in July next year. Mr. Chan says he believes he could go to jail for staging such a major obstruction of the business heart of the city.


“We don’t want to overthrow the government. We just want a democratic system in Hong Kong. We are not interested in ending Communist rule in China,” he said. “To me, Hong Kong is mature enough to have democracy. But in China we need to build a civil society first,” said Mr. Chan.

South China Morning Post:

A new group set up two weeks ago has emerged as the leading force against Occupy Central, launching aggressive attacks on the pro-democracy campaign.

One of its convenors warned yesterday that the planned acts of civil disobedience could lead to "anarchy" and "intervention by the People's Liberation Army".

Edited by amriki bhai

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sad. Democratic rumours have been going on since the Brits left.

I wish HKSAR would be just that, a SAR. In Full.

It seems so simple, really, but what's what?

The Coms in China love the monies given over in bribes, and The Honkees (much to their detriment) have established a pattern of paying the bribes.

IMO, stop the bribes back to BeiJing, keep yer monies for bullets and TOWs and SAMs . So what if the PLA is sent in? The Guangdong Province PLA are just a bunch of drunks, anyway..

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.