16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I think it would be nice to start a thread for Administrative Processing long wait times at the Kingston Embassy...

Case Creation Date: April 23, 2013

Interview Date: July 5, 2013

Submitted Additional Documents: July 9, 2013

Documents Processed in their System: July 15, 2013

Status Updated Date: July 29, 2013

TO THIS DAY I'M TILL WAITING. THIS FRIDY WILL MAKE SEVEN WEEKS AND COUNTING :(

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I think it would be nice to start a thread for Administrative Processing long wait times at the Kingston Embassy...

TO THIS DAY I'M TILL WAITING. THIS FRIDY WILL MAKE SEVEN WEEKS AND COUNTING sad.png

i agree!! i ihave been waiting over six weeks now

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

TO THIS DAY I'M TILL WAITING. THIS FRIDY WILL MAKE SEVEN WEEKS AND COUNTING sad.png

Have you emailed the embassy and called DOS too?

Timeline

I call DOS every morning jut for them to tell me the same thing. I have sent numerous emails to the embassy over the past few weeks and have yet to get a response from them. Very unprofessional :( they send out and automated email saying to give them up to five business days for a response but its been over a month since I've been emailing them and have gotten no reponse

Every day I do both things and I get no response through email and DOS gives me the same information every morning

Yes, daily :(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Embassy/Consulate forum -- topic involves this phase. Duplicate thread removed. ***

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Administrative Processing Information

PrintEmail

Some visa applications require further administrative processing, which takes additional time after the visa applicants interview by a Consular Officer. Applicants are advised of this requirement when they apply. Most administrative processing is resolved within 60 days of the visa interview. When administrative processing is required, the timing will vary based on individual circumstances of each case. Visa applicants are reminded to apply early for their visa, well in advance of the anticipated travel date.

Important Notice: Before making inquiries about status of administrative processing, applicants or their representatives will need to wait at least 60 days from the date of interview or submission of supplemental documents, whichever is later.

About Visa Processing Wait Times Nonimmigrant Visa Applicants

Information about nonimmigrant visa wait times for interviews and visa processing time frames are shown on this website, as well as on U.S. Embassy and Consulate websites worldwide. It should be noted that the Wait Times for a Nonimmigrant Visa to be Processed information by country does not include time required for administrative processing. Processing wait time also does not include the time required to return the passport to applicants, by either courier services or the local mail system.

Timeline

Recent changes in U.S. laws governing visa policy and procedures have increased the amount of time it can take to obtain a visa. Apply early! Even with the visa processing improvements that have been made and will continue to be made, it is inevitable that delays will sometimes occur. Processing times will vary.

The State Department's goal is visa delivery no more than 30 days from the time of application in most cases, although cases that require administrative processing could take longer. Most administrative processing is resolved within 60 days of application. When administrative processing is required, the timing will vary based on individual circumstances of each case. Therefore, before making inquiries about status of administrative processing, applicants or their representatives will need to wait at least 90 days from the date of interview or submission of supplemental documents, whichever is later.

If you want to visit the U.S. and require a visa, plan to schedule your visa interview well in advance of your departure date. Learn more by reviewing this website information and contact the U.S. embassy or consulate where you will apply for detailed how-to instructions.

Timeline

Thanx for the information. I've read those many times before as I do research consistently. The embassy uses any excuse to drag. I honestly don't think they work on applications placed in AP consistently. I think they work on them every once in awhile. I am aware that they have thousands of applications, but there should be workers who are assigned to those cases. It's ashame people have to wait while their applications sit around untouched. We file petitions for a reason. August 29th will be a year since I started this whole thing. The K1 petition was never known to take this long which is why I choose this route. I don't care what anyone says, there is no excuse for the long waiting especially after submitting simple pieces to the puzzle...

Timeline

At this point I don't care what is going on with any department at the embassy. They have no problem collecting fees on time. Many people pay the visa fee then get denied. You should only have to pay a fee after being guaranteed your visa before receiving it in your hands. This whole thing is a mess. At the end of the day many people's lives depend on these petitions and the US Embassy plays peek a boo with the process day in and day out. I will be contacting my congress person after 60 days of being in AP and at this point I don't care if they deny my petition. I would rather a denial than to be sitting in limbo @ least then I can make my next move. A lot of our petitions sit on a desk in a pile untouched for months on tips of months and until people start contacting a higher power who they have to answer to then they will continue to drag. I was told they have to respond to a senator or congress person within 48 hours... So as soon as 60 days come around, I'm going to take action. The 29th of this month will make one year since I started this foolishness and I'm still in the dark. It's not ok to,play with people's lives. I know a few people who have made wedding plans and have had to change them because of the nonsense the embassy keeps up. A lot of people lose a lot of money because the embassy fails to do things in a timely matter. I am beyond pissed and frustrated at this point.

Timeline

At this point I don't care what is going on with any department at the embassy. They have no problem collecting fees on time. Many people pay the visa fee then get denied. You should only have to pay a fee after being guaranteed your visa before receiving it in your hands. This whole thing is a mess. At the end of the day many people's lives depend on these petitions and the US Embassy plays peek a boo with the process day in and day out. I will be contacting my congress person after 60 days of being in AP and at this point I don't care if they deny my petition. I would rather a denial than to be sitting in limbo @ least then I can make my next move. A lot of our petitions sit on a desk in a pile untouched for months on tips of months and until people start contacting a higher power who they have to answer to then they will continue to drag. I was told they have to respond to a senator or congress person within 48 hours... So as soon as 60 days come around, I'm going to take action. The 29th of this month will make one year since I started this foolishness and I'm still in the dark. It's not ok to,play with people's lives. I know a few people who have made wedding plans and have had to change them because of the nonsense the embassy keeps up. A lot of people lose a lot of money because the embassy fails to do things in a timely matter. I am beyond pissed and frustrated at this point.

Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.