scottgema

DEPARTURE

18 posts in this topic

Gema is scheduled on a flight for sept

I used UNITED miles to book and she will be traveling on UA flights the whole way.

I understand she needs to pay a TRAVEL TAX and departure terminal fee which is not included in our tickets.

Are there any holidays in September that would require her to arrive on an earlier day to handle the Travel tax as their booth is closed on Holidays?

Also are there any procedures she needs to follow aside from getting this receipt? She can use the flight ITIN, the receipt, her passport and VISA docs to get checked in and get a boarding pass correct?

1/16/2013: NOA1
5/29/2013: XFER TO TSC
6/24/2013: NOA2
7/11/2013: Mailed to NVC
7/19/2013: Received NVC#(MNL#) in email
7/22/2013: Petition packet Shipped to Manila from NVC "In Transit"
7/24/2013: Petition package received in Manila - Consulate ready for interview
8/01/2013: Medical at St Luke's PASSED!!!
8/12/2013: INTERVIEW American CO " APPROVED"
8/13/2013: CEAC STATUS - administrative processing

8/15/2013: CEAC STATUS - ISSUED

8/26/2013: received VISA

9/05/2013: POE - GUAM -Flight from MNL to El Paso, TX- BEST DAY EVER =)

10/5/2013: Married!!

11/13/2013: Filed AOS / EAD/ & AP

11/18/2013: NOA1 all

12/12/2013: Biometrics completed

05/27/2014: AOS Interview

05/27/2014: AOS approved Received GC a week later.

10/08/2014: Report of Marriage & Passport Renewal LA Consultate General

See Hank_'s guide after NOA2:

red_flashing_arrow.gif Link to the K-1 Visa Process for Manila Embassy : Click Here

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Travel tax window at the NAIA is open 24 hours 7 days...they do not close even if it is holiday here in the Philippines...she will be informed by the airline check in personnel to pay first the travel tax before they will check her in, so she pays the travel tax first, go back to the airline check in and she will be given the boarding pass.

She shouldn't have any problems on United or paying the tax. I actually checked my wife and step daughter in online 24 hours ahead of time, but that's because I was travelling with them and their tickets were tied to mine. She (or you) could possibly do the same. She can get the Boarding Pass at the airport.

Just a heads up when travelling United. In addition to NAIA's screening, US Bound passengers (next stop is Guam) have to do a secondary security screening at the gate (carry on baggage check, metal detector wand, pat-down, shoe check).

01/12/2013: POE
02/14/2013: MARRIED ON VALENTINE'S DAY!
03/18/2013: AOS Sent via USPS Express Mail
03/28/2013: NOA - AOS, AP, EAD
04/25/2013: Biometrics

05/28/2013: RFEs for EADs and APs

06/17/2013: AOS Interviews. Approved

06/26/2013: Green Cards Received! (APs and EAD also received but not needed)

Removal of Conditions

===================================

03/25/2015: Mailed I-751

04/06/2015: NOA1

05/05/2015: Biometrics

07/27/2015: RFE

09/07/2015: RFE Response - Additional Evidence Sent

11/19/2015: Interview - APPROVED!

12/15/2016: Green Cards Issued!

hi...i am going to use UNITED AIRLINEs too...how did you reserved the ticket? Because my husband tried to book for ticket but due to restriction, he was advised for me (the beneficiary) to buy the ticket here in PI. He will just send the money for that. Why is it that they didnt allowed him to buy ticket using his bank account?

"LOVE is a journey. We walk through life, found each other along the way and stayed inlove. And the best thing is being MARRIED to the person you love and accepting that the future will unfold itself while the two of you still bonded by the same word everybody called LOVE. A love that says "Let God be God"

vk7s6xxnk.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

On a related note, can the travel tax be payed early, as in arriving at the airport the day before your flight and paying it for the next days flight?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

You don't have to pay it at the airport, even though its rather easy to do there.

http://www.tieza.com.ph/pages-tieza-travel-tax-offices-111.php

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

I'm thinking at the airport the day before upon arrival to avoid the lines the next morning for a morning flight.

On a related note, can the travel tax be payed early, as in arriving at the airport the day before your flight and paying it for the next days flight?

I doubt she's arriving in the same terminal.

Timeline

I'm thinking at the airport the day before upon arrival to avoid the lines the next morning for a morning flight.

Really should click the link... info you want is there:

NAIA- Terminal 1

Departure Lobby, NAIA

Parañaque City

Tel. Nos.: (0632)879-6038

NAIA- Terminal 2

'Departure Lobby Centennial Bldg.,

Parañaque City

Tel. No.: (0632)879-5160

NAIA- Terminal 3

Departure Lobby, NAIA

Nichols Ave., Pasay City

Tel. No.: (0632)877-7888 loc.8166

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

My question wasn't so much of a "where " to pay travel tax, it was "can" it be payed on another day before the day of travel, as she will likely have an early flight, and may have to get the CFO sticker in the morning. We just want to save any time possible. There was another post where, from their experience, the CFO sticker was no problem, it was the line for the travel tax that almost made her late for the flight.

You can pay the tax and fees thru your travel agent, or opt to pay at the airport. The times I went thru, I just paid at the terminal, not a huge deal, as long as you arrive 2-4 hours early as you should for all international flights. But IIRC, 3 hours was more than enough time to go thru everything (minus the CFO which you guys are trying to do). And while I did not do so, I would imagine that if she has a ticket in hand, she could easily pay the day prior at NAIA.

Timeline

My question wasn't so much of a "where " to pay travel tax, it was "can" it be payed on another day before the day of travel, as she will likely have an early flight, and may have to get the CFO sticker in the morning. We just want to save any time possible. There was another post where, from their experience, the CFO sticker was no problem, it was the line for the travel tax that almost made her late for the flight.

Well actually your question was about where, as you wanted to pay it at the airport upon arrival. Then someone posted they didn't think you could pay at the other terminals.... so I did the copy/paste from the link I gave you.

The link provided info for terminal 1 - 2 & 3 as to where you can pay the travel tax. ;)

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

The price given to me by my airline indicate that phil travel tax lready included...but not the P500+.

Thank you for the information and link Hank

"LOVE is a journey. We walk through life, found each other along the way and stayed inlove. And the best thing is being MARRIED to the person you love and accepting that the future will unfold itself while the two of you still bonded by the same word everybody called LOVE. A love that says "Let God be God"

vk7s6xxnk.png

Timeline

The price given to me by my airline indicate that phil travel tax lready included...but not the P500+.

Thank you for the information and link Hank

P550 is the terminal fee that is never in the price of the ticket.

Enjoy your flight!

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.