Kevin and Blanca

No invitation letter from the Consulate, No interview?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

( Please help...My Question, will they turn my Fiance' away on the interview date because of no letter of invitation for her interview and because the following)= I called the NVC and I was told on Aug. 8th that my interview date was on the Aug. 23rd. 2013 at 4pm. I called back a couple of days later to find out when the packets were mailed. I was told by the NVC that they were sent Aug 6th (I think they were guessing cuz that is when the interview date was scheduled). 8 days later no packets. We started the process without the packets ahead of time in case there where problems. "Yes, lots of issues". My fiance' was at her doctor visit for the visa, that we scheduled without the packets. The doctor said the Consulate does not do interviews on Friday's which was Aug 23. The doctor's office called and was told that there was an error and it should be on the 21 of Aug. Aarrrg. Sent an e-mail out to the visa center for Santiago on Aug 14th asking why we have not received the packets yet. No response? Called the NVC on Aug 15th and found out that the packets were never sent out like I was told. The NVC told me the packets 3 and 4 were sent out on Aug 14th, hmmmmmm ya the same day I sent the e-mail stating we don't have packets, which they still have not responded to. So now we have an interview in 3 business days with no packets and no letter of invitation for the interview......Will she be able to get in for the interview? .....Thx for your help..

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Why contacting NVC, why don't you contact the consulate directly? I never recieved my package, instead I email the consulate in Guayaquil and the told me it was ok and that I could download the package from their website. I don't know how it works in the country you're applying, but is there not a way for you to contact them directly?

Look in the Consulate of Santiago website to see if there's a way to call them or email them

Edited by Vivsan

Timeline

Ya, I did that, got a voice recording that only gave me information about visas...could never get a warm body, and the website says they will only answer questions or problems about visa's by e-mail?...She is going to go down there in person on Friday to see if they will let her talk to someone....Thx

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

If they only answer by email, then you needed/need to email them right away and let them know your situation. The NVC has no dealings with your interview schedule or your consulate mailing you packets/a letter. Only your consulate can help you and send those things to you, or let you know what to do if you never received them.

~ Moved from K-1 Process to US Embassy and Consulate Discussion ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Ya, I did that, got a voice recording that only gave me information about visas...could never get a warm body, and the website says they will only answer questions or problems about visa's by e-mail?...She is going to go down there in person on Friday to see if they will let her talk to someone....Thx

My consulates website said the exact same thing, and I didn care and still emailed them asking about my package.. And they answered the next morning, very efficient... I ask some other thing and they answered back again... So my advice is do it, you don't loose anything by trying. In my case it worked, maybe you'll be lucky too :)

Timeline

Thx..everyone.....They responded today saying that they will have her on list at the Embassy on the day of her interview to get in.....They also said they are open on Wednesday morning, so she can pick up a packet the day of her appointment...little late for that..... LOL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.