BeauteDLaVie

Algerian embassy- no response yet for extension of approved I-129F

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hello! I was wondering if anyone could help me...I received the approved I-129F dated 4/19/2013 I thought 4 months would be enough time for my fiance and I to prepare but because of our ill-planning, work & home life, Ramadan, etc. well, the approved petition will be expiring in the next few days. 8/18/2013. I have emailed the Algerian embassy since last week ...a total of 3 times requesting an extension but have not received any response. I realize that Ramadan just finished last week and the embassy was closed on August 4th, I am trying to be patient but I am not getting any response positive or negative from the embassy. Should I call? Can my fiance call as well to request an extension?That would be one heck of a phone call. My fiance only needs to have his medical examination done & have the interview. I am just worried that we would have to do this all over again...this is a lesson for the both of us! I have read other posts from other members stating that usually Embassy could grant an extension but again I did not receive any response yet from the Algerian embassy either way which makes me very worried

Hello! I was wondering if anyone could help me...I received the approved I-129F dated 4/19/2013 I thought 4 months would be enough time for my fiance and I to prepare but because of our ill-planning, work & home life, Ramadan, etc. well, the approved petition will be expiring in the next few days. 8/18/2013. I have emailed the Algerian embassy since last week ...a total of 3 times requesting an extension but have not received any response. I realize that Ramadan just finished last week and the embassy was closed on August 4th, I am trying to be patient but I am not getting any response positive or negative from the embassy. Should I call? Can my fiance call as well to request an extension?That would be one heck of a phone call. My fiance only needs to have his medical examination done & have the interview. I am just worried that we would have to do this all over again...this is a lesson for the both of us! I have read other posts from other members stating that usually Embassy could grant an extension but again I did not receive any response yet from the Algerian embassy either way which makes me very worried

It looks to me that your fiance is too late already. How can he possibly get his medical done in time before the interview? If he does not have the medical done and if the embassy does not have the medical report he will NOT BE APPROVED. I am sorry you are in this situation but your fiance should have been a little more organized I guess? If I were you I'd be very angry...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Did you have an interview date? If yes when is the date? You could ask your fiancé to go to elazhar clinic in Algiers Tomorrow morning at 9 AM He can explain to them his situation. Hopefully he can have the medical examination tomorrow.

You could also send an email to the embassy at : iv-dvalgiers.state.gov

Timeline

It looks to me that your fiance is too late already. How can he possibly get his medical done in time before the interview? If he does not have the medical done and if the embassy does not have the medical report he will NOT BE APPROVED. I am sorry you are in this situation but your fiance should have been a little more organized I guess? If I were you I'd be very angry...

actually, I am VERY angry and heart broken! It was difficult enough trying to maintain a long distance relationship ...let alone trying to work together through this process...all this for nothing. yes, he should have been more organized...I guess I did not nag him enough. Thank you for your feedback!

actually, I am VERY angry and heart broken! It was difficult enough trying to maintain a long distance relationship ...let alone trying to work together through this process...all this for nothing. yes, he should have been more organized...I guess I did not nag him enough. Thank you for your feedback!

I am very sorry for you. I hope it all works out eventually... Take a deep breath....I'm sorry if I upset you. That was not my intent.

Aloha Ke Akua

Timeline

Did you have an interview date? If yes when is the date? You could ask your fiancé to go to elazhar clinic in Algiers Tomorrow morning at 9 AM He can explain to them his situation. Hopefully he can have the medical examination tomorrow.

hi! no, we do not have an interview date although I did mention to him if he at least had an interview date, maybe it would extends the process...I have emailed 3 times to the email address above but no response! :( the only thing that will change and make me feel better is a miracle...or just give up, lesson learned

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Good luck trying to call the embassy!

Email them every single day till you get a response. Trust me I know how frustrating this is, ugh!!!!ranting33va.gif

Timeline

Honestly don't blame your fiancé, He can't do nothing, He cannot request medical appointment without an interview date, Also he cannot contact the embassy, I complete understand your frustration But it's not his fault, The only thing you can do is to try to contact the embassy again. Don't give up and be strong And also I would like you to chin up. Once you get approved you guys you would be so happy together And love needs sacrifice from both of you. I would pray for you And all the support you need I'm here to help.

Timeline

Maybe you could try to contact the NVC , your representative Or maybe a lawyer So they can send an email to the Embassy. My I129F When expire in October 11th and still did not get an interview date, I'm trying to contact the embassy too you are not alone.

Timeline

Honestly don't blame your fiancé, He can't do nothing, He cannot request medical appointment without an interview date, Also he cannot contact the embassy, I complete understand your frustration But it's not his fault, The only thing you can do is to try to contact the embassy again. Don't give up and be strong And also I would like you to chin up. Once you get approved you guys you would be so happy together And love needs sacrifice from both of you. I would pray for you And all the support you need I'm here to help.

You need to have an interview date before attending the medical appointment?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.