waraywarayako

Requirements for K1/K3

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Asking about the forms and such or just posting a picture? The pictures is rather dated so not accurate as to the required forms that USEM asks for now.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Considering that was provided by the embassy last week, perhaps the embassy needs to update the information they give out.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Considering that was provided by the embassy last week, perhaps the embassy needs to update the information they give out.

The DS-230 Part 1 is listed in the Embassy Instructions Letter as REQUIRED. So ya that picture does not match the current Instructions Letter from the embassy.

Now with that said the CO during the interview has not always been asking for the DS-230 Part 1 (yet), I think this is partly because the DS-230 was only recently added so the embassy is allowing a grace period for those still processing through using the older Instructions Letter.

But I have read a few times now of the CO actually asking for the DS-230 Part 1.

It would be bad to show up for the interview, the CO asks for the DS-230 Part 1 and you don't have it.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Timeline

Our interview was Aug.7, we were under the hanging bridge where K1 and K2 was instructed to fall in line. It was sunny and bright day.. with my 2 boys. The line that day for K1/K2 wasnt that long. And the vendor lady I was talking to, told us that applicants that day for K1 was 1/4th long compared to Monday and Tuesday's applicant, since ours falls on Wednesday. The line started to move around 6 am, while we were the 3rd to the last batch being called to move and make 2 lines for K1.

The blue ladies started to shout that we should prepare passport, 2 DS-156, 2 DS-157 and 1 DS-156. I was looking at line 2, two of them was sent away before I was called, DS 156 and 157 was lacking. Instead of 2, they brought 1 copy each. Blue ladies was so strict compare to the consuls interviewing us..so dont get intimidated. Upon handed my papers she arranged it and sealed my passport inside the ziplock and handed me emptied ziplock for my boys passport. And again, they shouted, please make sure of your DS papers answers, if lacking and your answers are not correct you will be sent home by consul right away and that you will have to reschedule your appointment...geezzz.. I'm starting to hate them. Then we entered and scanned bags..stop for our number to be attached on our papers..and upon sitting waiting for number to flash, we were instructed to put fiance's name on DS 157, and not signed it yet. Make sure to put N/A or none, either or is accepted. The blue ladies will give instructions on DS papers, so you need not to worry about erasures..it still acceptable.

The picture was the stub handed to us with the given number attached to our appointment papers. Blue ladies shouted to get ready of the requirements listed on that piece of paper. They collected our DS papers and handed it to window 39.

We were called around 8:30 for my biometrics, questions from the American consul was whats my name and how old? what's the name of your fiance?, and how old?..K2 was being asked their name and age..then told us to sit down and wait for our number again to flash on screen. We went back outside and the waiting area inside the embassy was loaded. And we tried to get some biscuits and water before blue ladies instructed us to get inside..and look for vacant sits.

9:20 Filipina consul call my attention..at window number 52. She asked my name, fiances name, age and how many times he visited. Boys was asked again their name and age..when they were born..after the boys answered, consul told me that its okay if I was the one who answered for them..but too late, they answered already..:D.

I handed to her 3 passports, 3 live birth, cenomar, (annulment papers, such as decision paper, certificate of finality, court order, and annotated marriage certificate), 2 NBi clearance, for (annuled ladies only) if single, your name will appear like ( Santos, Maria y Luna) and for annulled status, (Santos de Macaraig (ex-husbands family name), Maria y Luna). She segregated our papers and separated boys papers from mine. And asked again for affidavit of support, form 1040 and W2..last was proof of relationship, if we've had pictures together, I handed her xerox and asked if I brought printed colors, and consul will ask again for it. Of course I brought a lot..but I was ready with chat logs, skype, remittances, tickets, etc..it was never been asked so I kept it back on my folder...and lastly she asked my existing cellphone number.

9:40 3rd consul was white guy, he greeted us with a smile. Asked my name, fiance's name, age. Then he called my boys name, age and year of birth. He asked if okay to speak English or preferred Tagalog questions..I preferred English. Another questions was, how my marriage ended? whats my ex husbands name..when it was ended. How and where did we meet petitioner? I told him www.friendfinder.com, and he replied, oh wow, now it would be best to described as fiancesfinder.com, it made me smile. He asked my boys their favorite sport in school, and if they like my fiance.. and if they played games together..whats his job and how long in that company? the name of ex-wife of my fiance, and when the divorce was approved..(gosh),.but I knew the answer..he was impressed..last question was, what was the capital of USA? Imagine that! you will never know any other possible questions coming out of nowhere. Since I love history, I told him Washington, and pointed me that it was excellent answer..he told us to sit down and wait for the last call.

10:15 filipino consul paging my name, and some other names to proceed to window 72. He was looking for my boys, and asked name and age. He told us that we could go home and have lunch, and your papers was approved! We were out at US embassy at 10:30am. My boys was so very happy and that they could watch cartoons afterwards..we walked down to our hotel at Cherry Blossoms, and so very happy to tell the good news to my love..and we will create another history.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.