lemajeca

Anyone here still waiting for visa issuance after approval?

37 posts in this topic

Hello? Just want to ask if there is someone here waiting for their visa to be issued after being approved during the interview? I was given a 221(g) letter with a check marked on the medical results option, with direct submission remark. SLEC has confirmed that they already submitted my results 3 days before my interview. It's been 32 days now of waiting since interview.

Anyone who has the same experience? what did you do?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was approved on the 30th of July. It was on Ready status in CEAC for 9 working days (13 calendar days to be exact) from the date I was approved. I religiously check the status of my visa every friggin day and today it was changed to AP. This sucks. They've never given me any 221g form. It's just frustrating to wait for the visa when you know you're a stone's throw away to being with your significant other. My fiance is itching to book a flight to be with him on the end of the month (Aug 30) but we can't do anything yet unless we have that friggin visa. Ugh.

"You are my favorite reason to lose sleep."

I had my interview last 6th Aug,the CO approved my visa however I got a 221g form and need to submit a CENOMAR (even I'm already married to my American husband). I went to NSO Pasay as directed by the lady from the releasing counter. NSO Pasay issued my CENOMAR today however as per them USEM gets all the docs from them every Friday of the week only. It's been a week since my interview and my CEAC status states "Ready" updated as of 13th August. Though by next Monday I hope my visa status will be clearer.. Good luck to us!

I was approved on the 30th of July. It was on Ready status in CEAC for 9 working days (13 calendar days to be exact) from the date I was approved. I religiously check the status of my visa every friggin day and today it was changed to AP. This sucks. They've never given me any 221g form. It's just frustrating to wait for the visa when you know you're a stone's throw away to being with your significant other. My fiance is itching to book a flight to be with him on the end of the month (Aug 30) but we can't do anything yet unless we have that friggin visa. Ugh.

do you have any update on your visa? mine is still at AP...

do you have any update on your visa? mine is still at AP...

May I ask what is the AP full message?

N-400 (Online - Seattle Field Office)

(00days) 2018-10-01 Filed ONLINE - received Payment Confirmation the same day - paid by Credit Card

(04days) 2018-10-05 Received NOA by mail

(05days) 2018-10-06 Received email - Biometrics appointment is scheduled

(09days) 2018-10-10 Check my online account and my Biotmetrics Notification is attached and available

(11days) 2018-10-12 Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed - Walk-in no problem; saved 2 weeks (Original appointment date is Oct. 26)

(436days) 2019-12-11 I am US Citizen now!!!

Hi, I just got out of 2GO Mall of Asia branch and picked up my visa. Any news on your end?

still at AP last updated aug 13... before, they always update the date...

May I ask what is the AP full message?

it says "Your case is under administrative processing. Please see the letter you received at your interview for more information. If you are required to submit additional documents, please submit them to the U.S. Embassy via any branch of 2GO courier service (Attn: Immigrant Visa Unit) together with a copy of the letter.

If further information/review is needed, you will be notified once we have completed our review of your case.

Consular officers need to be reasonably satisfied that all issues have been addressed before a final determination is made regarding visa issuance."

still at AP last updated aug 13... before, they always update the date...

it says "Your case is under administrative processing. Please see the letter you received at your interview for more information. If you are required to submit additional documents, please submit them to the U.S. Embassy via any branch of 2GO courier service (Attn: Immigrant Visa Unit) together with a copy of the letter.

If further information/review is needed, you will be notified once we have completed our review of your case.

Consular officers need to be reasonably satisfied that all issues have been addressed before a final determination is made regarding visa issuance."

I'm sorry, I was hoping we have the same AP message. Have you tried calling USEM? Some of the VJ's called to understand what's going on with their visa status.

I received the below AP message yesterday.

Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved after administrative processing, your passport will be delivered by our contracted courier to the address you specified when you booked your interview.

(00days) 2018-10-01 Filed ONLINE - received Payment Confirmation the same day - paid by Credit Card

(09days) 2018-10-10 Check my online account and my Biotmetrics Notification is attached and available

(11days) 2018-10-12 Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed - Walk-in no problem; saved 2 weeks (Original appointment date is Oct. 26)

I'm sorry, I was hoping we have the same AP message. Have you tried calling USEM? Some of the VJ's called to understand what's going on with their visa status.

I received the below AP message yesterday.

Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved after administrative processing, your passport will be delivered by our contracted courier to the address you specified when you booked your interview.

the last person ive talked in USEM told me they will wait for my medical results from SLEC.. but they already have it before my interview... i called SLEC for confirmation and told me they already submitted my medical results to USEM.. we called USEM and they refused to tell us the reasons for the delay... and also they said no required documents..

Timeline

Can i ask what was the reason that the applicant undergo on a administrative processing for a long time?

01-04-2013: SENT I 129F PACKET

01-17-2013: NOA1 (VERMONT SERVICE CENTER)

05-28-2013: CASE TRANSFER FROM VSC TO TSC

07-02-2013: NOA2

07-26-2013: GOT MNL # THROUGH EMAIL (NVC)

08-08-2013: 1ST DAY OF MEDICAL AT SLEC (HOLIDAY THE NEXT DAY AND OVER THE WEEKEND)

08-12-2013: 2ND DAY FOR IMMUNIZATION (4 SHOTS)

08-19-2013: APPOINTMENT INTERVIEW / CANCELLED DUE TO SEVERE FLOOD

08-23-2013: RESCHEDULED INTERVIEW / PUT UNDER ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW DUE TO MY J1 VISA BEFORE

CEAC STATUS CHECK AS OF 09-02-2013: STILL "READY" FOR THE INTERVIEW. NO CHANGE YET.

09-30-13: READY OPEN CASE

10-01-13: ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING

10-02-13: ISSUED

10-05-13: VISA ON HAND

10-16-13: POE HONOLULU HI

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/450009-k1-interview-got-a-221g-need-help/g

11-12-13: GOT MARRIED!

12-17-13: SENT AOS PACKET (EXPRESS MAIL TO CHICAGO)

12-20-13: DELIVERED

12-23-13: NOA 1

1-28-13: SCHEDULED BIOMETRICS

Can i ask what was the reason that the applicant undergo on a administrative processing for a long time?

in my case, they gave me a letter saying that they will issue my visa after they receive my medical results from SLEC. i found out they already have it even before my interview but i think they havent reviewed it.. called them and they've confirmed they already have it.. but until now... still at AP.. hubby asked them if there are other reasons.. agent answered she cant give any information... to preserve the confidentiality of the process...

Oh my USEM is some what being inconsistent for VISA Issuance....

Now I began to fully understand why most of the VJ'ers who are being impatient and had so much waiting time for their visa to arrive. It is because it is kinda frustrating not getting an answer from USEM itself.

Some are so lucky to received their visas 2-3 days after the approval date. But some are not so fortunate. Well I think I'm one of them who's patience is being tested...... gotta be strong...... I hope.... it will last... sleepy.gif ...... normal waiting time for the visa to be delivered is 10 business day..... 5 business day is over.... we will see the next day to come.... whistling.gif

I just want to think that their are doing their best to be timely efficient........rolleyes.gif but no0pb.gifsleep.png

Timeline

Goober's typewriter ran out of ribbon typing out the visas. Gomer can't seem to find any replacements.

But luckily, Barney Fife is guarding the embassy with one bullet in his pocket!

In my case my fiancee was given 221(g) for another NBI with AKA and awaiting HK Police Clearance. NBI with AKA was submitted 8/7/13, hence a ceac update status on 8/8/13. Called HK and found out that Clearance was mailed 7/30/13 and arrived Phils. 8/2/13. I was given tracking # for the document. Last Friday 8/16/13 I spoke to an embassy personnel and was informed that they are still waiting for the HK Clearance?!!??. So I sent an email asking for an update status with all pertinent information for the HK Clearance. Weekend passed by and now typhoon closure and the holiday (8/19-21/13). So there was no one to actually do the checking. Ho-hum, grrr!, just in the waiting mode. Not a whole lot we can really do. Just to think that folks in Metro Manila is hard hit with all these floods. Let's just pray for their safety and well-being.

In my case my fiancee was given 221(g) for another NBI with AKA and awaiting HK Police Clearance. NBI with AKA was submitted 8/7/13, hence a ceac update status on 8/8/13. Called HK and found out that Clearance was mailed 7/30/13 and arrived Phils. 8/2/13. I was given tracking # for the document. Last Friday 8/16/13 I spoke to an embassy personnel and was informed that they are still waiting for the HK Clearance?!!??. So I sent an email asking for an update status with all pertinent information for the HK Clearance. Weekend passed by and now typhoon closure and the holiday (8/19-21/13). So there was no one to actually do the checking. Ho-hum, grrr!, just in the waiting mode. Not a whole lot we can really do. Just to think that folks in Metro Manila is hard hit with all these floods. Let's just pray for their safety and well-being.

it's frustrating to know that there will be more delays... USEM will resume its operation on thursday... 39 days of waiting! next week there will be another holiday... I hope they will work on weekends also...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.