TetsuSan

I have a question..maybe a few.

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello people just wanted to say that I am a newcomer and am wanting advice with the procedures with the K-1. So my fiancee and I have been together for quite some time and is wanting to come over to the US to see me first before I will go see her and also wants to stay with me till I go to the Philippines. I know that when applying for the K-1 the requirements are for me to go over and see her first . I already have everything planned for me to head that way at the end of November. If everything goes well we both want to start on the paper work ASAP. Again we don't plan on starting the K-1 till after November. Will her visiting me cause us any problems in the future when applying for the K-1.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

The more time spent together the better. Make sure you keep all the proof, boarding passes, receipts, etc. Take some pics with the family and all that good stuff to show a relationship. The only problem I see is her possibly having a hard time obtaining a tourist visa.

This is the guide you need to follow: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

A pre-requisite is that you've met each other face-to-face 2 years prior to filing. That can happen anywhere.

I think you are possibly interested/concerned about local custom?

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm not quite sure what you mean about local customs...kinda slow haha Besides that if her coming this way to the US doesn't affect the K-1, It would be nice to see her sooner than later. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Although rare, her applying for a B-2 visitor visa before the K-1 is initiated can negatively affect her admissibility to the U.S. I have had to file waivers for clients whose boyfriends/girlfriends were deemed inadmissible due to fraud/misrepresentation when applying for a visitor visa at an overseas consulate. I always suggest that the U.S. citizen visit the foreign fiance and not the other way around. Why take needless risks?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello people just wanted to say that I am a newcomer and am wanting advice with the procedures with the K-1. So my fiancee and I have been together for quite some time and is wanting to come over to the US to see me first before I will go see her and also wants to stay with me till I go to the Philippines. I know that when applying for the K-1 the requirements are for me to go over and see her first . I already have everything planned for me to head that way at the end of November. If everything goes well we both want to start on the paper work ASAP. Again we don't plan on starting the K-1 till after November. Will her visiting me cause us any problems in the future when applying for the K-1.

We tried for the Tourist Visa and she was denied...:-( My thought was to have her come visit me for 3 weeks in the US so she could see what my life was all about....

From everything I have been reading, they are very tough to get....instead for me, I visited my love in the Philippines 4 times in 9 months and spent as much time with her and her family as I could.

I documented each trip with pictures and copies of all the travel information....it worked very well. I was with her for the Visa interview and our file was almost rubber stamped because of my history of visits.

Good luck on your path forward on your VisaJourney !!!

Cheers,

cjmc

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Its very difficult to get a tourist visa in the Philippines, many try, most get denied.

But if you fiancée is one of the lucky few then have her come visit and return to the Philippines on or before the date stamp on her passport at POE. Visiting on a tourist visa and leaving the USA on time then later filing for a K-1 visa is not an issue.

Just remember don't LIE!!! Don't lie at USEM or POE. That is where you can create problems down the road.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.