9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hey everyone. Long time no post! I was overseas with my wife but I had to come back and handle a few things here. But Ill be back over there when we know about the interview date hopefully :)

I just checked my email today just to see whats going on and I see I got a checklist. Theres one for my wife and one for me. Heres what mine says:

1. Financial evidence: Ive already provided this and stated the wife will be bringing tax originals to the interview.

2. Birth Certificate: Im assuming since everything is all electronic processing with Amman, that the scanned copy I had put in the email would be suffice enough. And the original would be brought to the interview.

3. Marriage certificate: Same as above.

3. Photograph: Again...you cant provide them via email or scanned so I have them ready for the interview.

I did all these things from the start. The thing is I dont think this checklist is for me...I believe its for my wife because her checklist says the following:

1. Passport: (Please submit a copy of the biographic data page of this person's passport, including the expiration date of the passport. The passport must be valid).

2. Jordanian Police Certificate

See I was waiting to grab the right certificate for my wife and we did and send in the biographic data page with the passport. So in all does this checklist and everything all about the passport and police certificate for my wife? Thats what Im thinking. I dont know im just so ready to finish this long process and bring my wife back here with me. Cant wait to here the words "Case Complete" and finally have our interview date. But anyways...anyone have any idea or help? :)

USCIS

08/13/2012: I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox from Jordan (Nahda Office)

08/21/2012: NOA1

8/21/2012 : NOA1 Hardcopy

8/28/2012 : 1-797C Action Transferred to NBC (Assuming sent to Atlanta Local office...but no telling)

O9/4/2012 : Last touched.

2/26/2013 : Infopass with Atlanta (confirmed file is there and no action yet. To be started in March)

03/18/2013 : 2nd Infopass (No review or processing of any stand-alone I-130s for 60-90 days. URGHHHHHHHHHH)

04/6/2013: NOA2 (228 days from NOA1)

NVC

05/10/13 USCIS Atlanta letter to me confirms this date as sent to NVC

05/20/13 NVC Received Case (Waiting on case number)
06/7/2013 NVC case number assinged
06/7/2013 Choice of agent complete now awaiting fees

Gave up tracking when I left overseas...but we are almost done biggrin.png!

TERMINATED SEPTEMBER 27, 2012.

Timeline

bump?

USCIS

8/28/2012 : 1-797C Action Transferred to NBC (Assuming sent to Atlanta Local office...but no telling)

2/26/2013 : Infopass with Atlanta (confirmed file is there and no action yet. To be started in March)

03/18/2013 : 2nd Infopass (No review or processing of any stand-alone I-130s for 60-90 days. URGHHHHHHHHHH)

NVC

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Progress Reports to Process & Procedures and duplicate thread in MENA forum removed. Please do not multiple threads on the same topic.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline

Lol I made another thread about it with more questions to people in the region. So technically not a double thread :)

USCIS

NVC

You should only make one thread per topic, if you want this thread can be moved to the MENA forum. Any updates or additional questions should be posted on the original thread.

Can you copy/paste the checklist? or screen shot and redact personal data?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

You should only make one thread per topic, if you want this thread can be moved to the MENA forum. Any updates or additional questions should be posted on the original thread.

Can you copy/paste the checklist? or screen shot and redact personal data?

Here is the checklist for me:

INSTRUCTIONS FOR: ***************************
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
______CORRESPONDENCE INSTRUCTIONS:_________________________________
For electronic processing, all forms and documents that we request and require from you should be
scanned and e-mailed to NVC as Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) files. The documents should
be sent as attachments with your e-mail response and not in a web file. NVC is unable to process
documents submitted in web files. Forms and documents should not be mailed through the postal
service.The applicant must present all original forms and documents to the Consular officer at the visa
interview. Failure to present the required originals at the visa interview will result in a denial or delay in
obtaining a visa for the sponsored applicant. Any questions regarding your petition should continue to be
directed to NVCElectronic@state.gov.
______F - FINANCIAL EVIDENCE:______________________________________
The NVC has received the requested Immigrant Visa Application (DS-230). However, we are still
waiting for the Affidavit of Support form. Please submit the Affidavit of Support form according to the
instructions on the Department of State website at the following address:
www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov.
From there, you can fill out an Affidavit of Support form online, then print the completed form and mail
it to NVC.
For electronic processing, all forms and documents that we request and require from you should be
scanned and e-mailed to NVC as Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) files. The documents should
be sent as attachments with your e-mail response and not in a web file. NVC is unable to process
documents submitted in web files. Forms and documents should not be mailed through the postal
service.The applicant must present all original forms and documents to the Consular officer at the visa
interview. Failure to present the required originals at the visa interview will result in a denial or delay in
obtaining a visa for the sponsored applicant.Any questions regarding your petition should continue to be
directed to NVCElectronic@state.gov.
______3 - BIRTH CERTIFICATE:_______________________________________
Please submit this applicant's original, or a certified copy of the original document listed above. Each
applicant must obtain an original birth certificate issued by the official custodian of birth records in the
country of birth, showing the date and place of birth, and the parentage of the alien, based upon the
original registration of birth.
Documents must be from the appropriate issuing government authority. Failure to provide the
correct document will delay your case and may result in re-scheduling of your interview or refusal
of a visa.
The certificate must contain the following information:
· Person's date of birth
· Person's place of birth· Names of both parents, and
· Annotation by the appropriate authority indicating that it is an extract from the official records
If the certificate is a certified copy of the original, it must come from the issuing government authority
and it must contain annotation by the issuing authority indicating that it is an extract from the official
records.
In addition to sending the original documents or certified copies of the documents to the NVC, a
photocopy of the original documents must be submitted.
Unobtainable birth certificates
If the applicant's birth record is unobtainable, please obtain a certified statement from the appropriate
government authority stating the reason that the applicant's birth record is not available. The applicant
must submit secondary evidence with the certified statement. For example:
· A baptismal certificate that contains the date and place of birth, as well as both parents names
(providing the baptism took place shortly after birth)
· An adoption decree for an adopted child
· An affidavit from a close relative, preferably the applicant's mother, stating the date and place of
birth, both parents names, and the mother's maiden name
Suitability of documentation for immigration purposes
For many countries, the U.S. Department of State has established country-specific criteria for ensuring
that applicants submit documents appropriate for visa processing. Please follow the instructions below to
determine if the U.S. Department of State has issued any country-specific guidelines for the document
requested.
Please go to www.immigrantvisas.state.gov.
1. Click on the Fees & Reciprocity Tables box located on the left side of the page.
2. Click on the Visa Issuance Fee - Reciprocity Tables line near the middle of the page.
3. Select the country where the document was issued from the drop-down menu.
4. Scroll down to the document type to view the specific criteria.
All documents not in English or in the official language of the country where the visa application will be
processed must be accompanied by a certified translation. Your translation must include a statement by
the translator which includes the following:
· Translation is accurate.
·Translator is competent to translate.
______5 - MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE:____________________________________
Please submit this applicant's original marriage certificate, or a certified copy, bearing the appropriate
seal or stamp of the issuing authority. If the certificate is a certified copy of the original it must come
from the issuing government authority and it must contain annotation by the issuing government
authority indicating that it is an extract from the official records.
Documents must be from the appropriate issuing government authority. Failure to provide thecorrect document will delay your case and may result in re-scheduling of your interview, or
refusal of a visa.
In addition to the original documents, or certified copies of the documents, a photocopy of the original
documents must be submitted to the NVC.
For many countries, the U.S. Department of State has established country-specific criteria for ensuring
that applicants submit documents appropriate for visa processing. Please follow the instruction below to
determine if the U.S. Department of State has issued any country-specific guidelines for the requested
document.
Please go to www.immigrantvisas.state.gov.
5. Click on the Fees & Reciprocity Tables box on the left side of the page.
6. Click on the Visa Issuance Fee - Reciprocity Tables line near the middle of the page.
7. Select the country where the document was issued from the drop-down menu.
8. Scroll down to the document type to view the specific criteria.
All document not in English, or the official language of the country where the visa application will be
processed, must be accompanied by a certified translation. Your translation must include a statement
signed by the translator that states the following:
· Translation is accurate
· Translator is competent to translate
If it is impossible to obtain an original document or a certified copy of the original document because
records have been destroyed or the appropriate government authority will not issue one, you should
obtain a certified statement from the appropriate government authority stating the reason your record is
not available.
______PHOTOGRAPH:__________________________________________________
The NVC does not collect scanned images of the photographs required for each travelling applicant for
cases processing electronically.
Please be advised that you must provide two identical front-view color photographs with a white
background as required for each visa applicant at the time of the interview.
The photos must have the name of the person in the photo printed on the back along with the case
number associated with the person's photo.
You may download complete instructions by visiting:
Failure to provide the required photographs at the time of the interview will delay your case and
could cause re-scheduling of your interview or refusal of a visa.
[C1D 07/26/2013] AMM201****************

and this is the checklist that my wife received.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR: ****************************
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
______2 - PASSPORT:________________________________________________
Please submit a copy of the biographic data page of this person's
passport, including the expiration date of the passport. The
passport must be valid.
______10 - JORDAN POLICE CERTIFICATE:______________________________
Jordan: Available to resident Jordanian citizens and foreigners. The General Intelligence
Directorate (GID) is responsible for issuing good conduct certificates. They are considered to
be reliable, but cover primarily security-related records, i.e. not necessarily criminal
information. These certificates must be applied for in person at the local GID office, and are
valid for one year. It takes up to two weeks to obtain the certificate from the GID. Foreigners
must reside continuously in Jordan for six months before the GID will issue a certificate.
There are no procedures to obtain these certificates through Jordanian embassies in foreign
countries.
[C1D 07/26/2013] AMM201*********
Edited by abezyo

USCIS

NVC

For EP, you'll always get the photograph checklist, I did. But in my package I sent scanned copies of the photos just to show I had them.

It looks like they need the birth certificate, marriage certificate, passport bio data page and police certificate. How were these sent? They need to be all in ONE PDF file attachment. Saylin has a good section on how to scan everything and send it. You don't need most of her wiki but that part could be beneficial: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_for_Montreal_Beneficiaries_%E2%80%93_Electronic_Processing_and_New_Online_Forms

Make sure they're clear and legible scans. It's possible they're just reminding you to bring the originals to the interview but you could also call and double check with the NVC.

We probably should make up a wiki for mandatory EP cases not just optional to help out the people in those countries.

Did you sent the scanned tax transcripts or returns with the I-864? They do not require originals of those documents, generally speaking, if you sent the scanned version but will require the original I-864.

Edited by NLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

For EP, you'll always get the photograph checklist, I did. But in my package I sent scanned copies of the photos just to show I had them.

It looks like they need the birth certificate, marriage certificate, passport bio data page and police certificate. How were these sent? They need to be all in ONE PDF file attachment. Saylin has a good section on how to scan everything and send it. You don't need most of her wiki but that part could be beneficial: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_for_Montreal_Beneficiaries_%E2%80%93_Electronic_Processing_and_New_Online_Forms

Make sure they're clear and legible scans. It's possible they're just reminding you to bring the originals to the interview but you could also call and double check with the NVC.

We probably should make up a wiki for mandatory EP cases not just optional to help out the people in those countries.

Did you sent the scanned tax transcripts or returns with the I-864? They do not require originals of those documents, generally speaking, if you sent the scanned version but will require the original I-864.

I wrote a letter with the I-864 stating my wife will be bringing the tax transcripts to the interview as I have heard from many that is acceptable as long as I send in the I-864. Everything else Ive emailed and sent in PDF attachment. I guess ill wait and see what I need to do. Thanks :)

USCIS

NVC

Call the NVC and try to see what's up. You may need to get a supervisors approval about the tax transcripts.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.