JenT

Vaccination Supplement: argument with civil surgeon

39 posts in this topic

Our local civil surgeon is refusing to transfer the vaccination information without a full physical, x-ray, etc. to the tune of $124+.

Anyone have any luck with using a civil surgeon remotely, i.e. faxing documentation and using a civil surgeon out of their area??

Any ideas??

Jen

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where do you live in Michaiga? There might be another one not to far from you.

2001 Met

2005 Married

I-485/I-130

12/06/2006-------Mailed I-130/1-485

12/16/2006--------Recieved NOA 1 (I-130 & I-485)

12/18/2006--------Touched I-130/I-485

01/20/2007--------Biometrics

05/10/2007 -- Interview, Approved!

05/22/2007 GREEN CARD arrives!!!

02/2009 - File to lift conditions

I-765

12/14/2006--- Mailed EAD App.

01/20/2007--- Biometrics

02/09/2005-------Sent in request to Congressional office for assistance with expediting EAD.

02/13/2007 -------- EAD Approved!

02/26/2007 - ------EAD received

Removal of Conditions:

05/12/2009 -- Overnighted application by USPS express mail (VSC).

05/14/2009 -- Green Card expired.

05/23/2009 --- Check cleared bank.

05/26/2009 -- Received NOA (NOA date May 15, 2009, guess they aren't deporting me).

05/29/2009- Biometrics Notice date

06/01/2009- Received Biometrics Letter

06/18/2009 - Biometrics

09/23/2009 - date of decision to approve (letter received), just waiting for card. No online updates whatsoever.

I've looked. The one in Bay City is closest to us, but he cared more about his fee and what to charge than anything else. Flint would probably be the next closest... we may have to phone and see whether they would accept a fax copy of David's DS-3025...

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00048f3d6a1RCRD

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

11-5-06 Married

Thanks D - I remembered reading this thread a while back but I didn't take the time to search :blush: , Oh Queen of all of the Searches :thumbs:

Jen

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

11-5-06 Married

It's probably a good idea to make a list and call them all up. I'm hoping you can find one who will do it via fax for a reasonable fee.

2001 Met

2005 Married

I-485/I-130

12/06/2006-------Mailed I-130/1-485

12/16/2006--------Recieved NOA 1 (I-130 & I-485)

12/18/2006--------Touched I-130/I-485

01/20/2007--------Biometrics

05/10/2007 -- Interview, Approved!

05/22/2007 GREEN CARD arrives!!!

02/2009 - File to lift conditions

I-765

12/14/2006--- Mailed EAD App.

01/20/2007--- Biometrics

02/09/2005-------Sent in request to Congressional office for assistance with expediting EAD.

02/13/2007 -------- EAD Approved!

02/26/2007 - ------EAD received

Removal of Conditions:

05/12/2009 -- Overnighted application by USPS express mail (VSC).

05/14/2009 -- Green Card expired.

05/23/2009 --- Check cleared bank.

05/26/2009 -- Received NOA (NOA date May 15, 2009, guess they aren't deporting me).

05/29/2009- Biometrics Notice date

06/01/2009- Received Biometrics Letter

06/18/2009 - Biometrics

09/23/2009 - date of decision to approve (letter received), just waiting for card. No online updates whatsoever.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

We did that too...made a list of all the CS's in our area. Yeah, we had one give us that #######-and-bull story about having to have another medical just to get his vacc supplement filled out. We have his records from his doctor in NS, but they were adamant to the point of being nasty. We called a few more til we found one that would do it for $50. It DOES pay to call around. Good luck!

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

City: Texas Hill Country Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just cross-posting from the other vaccination thread:

If you got your vaccinations verified (or supplemented) at your K-1 visa medical exam, and if all your medical records were packed in your mysterious brown envelope and left at the border, you shouldn't need the supplement at all. The USCIS already has the medical stuff you need.

The supplement is really meant for people who come from countries where some vaccinations aren't readily available. The idea is that they can come to the U.S. without the vaccinations if they can't get them, but they have to receive them before their AOS.

So spoke the fairly knowledgeable-sounding guy on the USCIS help line, and we've survived the AOS process so far without an RFE for medical stuff, without submitting the supplement.

Conditions Removed! Ten-year green card received 6/24/2009. No more USCIS for a very long time.

...So spoke the fairly knowledgeable-sounding guy on the USCIS help line, and we've survived the AOS process so far without an RFE for medical stuff, without submitting the supplement.

So did you just supply your DS-3025 then?

Jen

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

11-5-06 Married

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

I made a list of USCIS docs in my area as well and called them all. 7 out of 8 refused, but # 8 transfered the information for $ 65.

Personally, I would definitely send in the I-693a, since I would not want the hassle and the delay of an RFE.....and yes, people here have been getting RFEs for missing vaccination supplements. (Of course, there are also people here who have been approved without it, but - as I said - I would not want to take the risk.

But everyone has to decide that for himself. :)

AOS timeline:

03/17/06 filed for AOS

03/28-06 touched

04/04/06 biometrics

04/05/06 touched

05/23/06 transfered to CSC

06/17/06 touched

08/16/06 touched

11/20/06 USCIS cust.service started inquiry about case (because it's outside of processing times)

11/30/06 approval e-mail

12/07/06 Greencard in the mail (= 8 months and 21 days for the entire AOS process)

.png

.png

Timeline

We didn't have any kind of documentation of my husband's vaccinations to send. We enclosed a note saying that all pertinent medical information should be in his file.

Your mileage, as CWR says, may vary, and I freely admit that we haven't had our final approval, but there has been tons of time for them to send us an RFE for the vax supplement, and they haven't yet. I've seen other people on the forums saying that they have had similar experiences in the past.

Best wishes!

...So spoke the fairly knowledgeable-sounding guy on the USCIS help line, and we've survived the AOS process so far without an RFE for medical stuff, without submitting the supplement.

So did you just supply your DS-3025 then?

Jen

Conditions Removed! Ten-year green card received 6/24/2009. No more USCIS for a very long time.

Filed: Timeline
We didn't have any kind of documentation of my husband's vaccinations to send. We enclosed a note saying that all pertinent medical information should be in his file.

Your mileage, as CWR says, may vary, and I freely admit that we haven't had our final approval, but there has been tons of time for them to send us an RFE for the vax supplement, and they haven't yet. I've seen other people on the forums saying that they have had similar experiences in the past.

Wow, is that cheeky! :huh:

I could send a note saying well, my husband did fill out the G-325 before, take the time to look in your file. (which says, I can't be bothered to fill it out again!!!!) Wow, if you don't get an RFE, you are very lucky. :unsure:

Find one for cheap, and send it in Jen, it's worth not getting an RFE for it.

Edited by devilette

Timeline
Wow, is that cheeky! :huh:

I could send a note saying well, my husband did fill out the G-325 before, take the time to look in your file. (which says, I can't be bothered to fill it out again!!!!) Wow, if you don't get an RFE, you are very lucky. :unsure:

:blush: It does sound cheeky when you put it that way. It wasn't intended to be, though. :no: We just followed the advice of the helpful USCIS employee on the (Mis-)Information Line.

Filed: Timeline

devilette,

Wow, is that cheeky!

No, it's not.

I could send a note saying well, my husband did fill out the G-325 before, take the time to look in your file. (which says, I can't be bothered to fill it out again!!!!) .....

But this is.

It's all in how one says it.

Yodrak

Edited by Yodrak

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

JenT, you might have already received an answer to your question, but here is my experience. I called 4 different civil surgeons in Austin where I live, and was told that they would require another complete exam before they would fill out the I-639A....blah, blah, blah.

I told all of them that that wasn't necessary, as my husband had just had his exam the month prior by a U.S. appointed civil surgeon overseas. As soon as they said he would need to schedule an appointment to come in for another exam, I said "Thank you, but no" and hung up.

I finally found a civil surgeon who actually knew what I was talking about and said they could transfer the information from the DS-3025 to the I-693A for just $10.00! I mailed in a check with the DS-3025, and they mailed the completed form to my home within a week.

Don't pay for another exam. If they're telling you that you have to, then they don't really know the protocol.

(L) Tracy

ONE DAY AT A TIME....

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

12/30/2008: Overnighted I-751 package to VSC

01/06/2009: Check cashed

01/06/2009: NOA (arrived 01/09/09)

01/23/2009: Biometrics appt letter received

01/31/2009: Biometrics scheduled

05/20/2009: APPROVED

06/23/2009: 10 Year Green Card arrived

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.