15 posts in this topic

I have called several doctors approved by the USCIS in my area and they won't transfer the information over and want up to $300 to do another medical. Darcy doesn't need another medical. He just had it done in September. I think I am going to send his Canadian medical paperwork in instead of trying to get this info transferred.

This is insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

Jen

K-1 Process

---------------------------

April 20, 2006 - Filed I-129F (Ahhhhh finally!)

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED!

September 28, 2006 - Interview!

September 29, 2006 - VISA in hand!

October 14, 2006 - WEDDING DATE!

AOS & EAD Process

----------------------------

December 26, 2006 - Darcy's last day of employment on his 90-day work authorization. Bummer!

December 27, 2006 - Filed AOS and EAD paperwork

January 3, 2006 - Receipt date of NOA1

January 11, 2007 - 'touched'

January 17, 2007 - transferred to CSC

January 19, 2007 - biometrics appointment

January 22, 2007 - 'touched'

January 23, 2007 - 'AOS touched'

January 24, 2007 - 'touched'

January 31, 2007 - 'AOS touched'

February 1, 2007 - GREEN CARD ORDERED!!!

February 5, 2007 - Received Welcome Letter

February 11, 2007 - received GREEN CARD!!

Lifting Conditions

December 31, 2008 - filed I-751

January 10, 2009 - received 1-year extension letter

January 28, 2009 - biometrics

February 13, 2009 - 10-year green card ordered

Filed: Timeline
I have called several doctors approved by the USCIS in my area and they won't transfer the information over and want up to $300 to do another medical. Darcy doesn't need another medical. He just had it done in September. I think I am going to send his Canadian medical paperwork in instead of trying to get this info transferred.

Jen

I went to a civil surgeon here in Cincy - $20!

Dr. Stephen Bell, Bethesda Good Samaritan Occupational Medicine Centers - Queensgate

1150 West 8th Street, Suite 120

Cincinnati, OH 45203

Tel: (513)241-4135

$20, bring picture ID & vacc. card

Monday-Friday 8 - 4:30

Edited by devilette

So I guess I will have to drive the 5 hours to cincy to get it done. I am so irritated at this point.

K-1 Process

AOS & EAD Process

December 26, 2006 - Darcy's last day of employment on his 90-day work authorization. Bummer!

Lifting Conditions

So I guess I will have to drive the 5 hours to cincy to get it done. I am so irritated at this point.

did you look on uscis.gov for a local list?

I called the phone number for USCIS and have been going through the list. I think I found one only about an hour away vs. the five hours to you Devilette. Not that I wouldn't drive to Cincy if I had to but how insane is this. The one doctor's office said no way and that he would have to have the medical again and it would cost $300.00. I said I could drive to Cincy for less than $300.00.

Crazy!!!

K-1 Process

AOS & EAD Process

Lifting Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Can I add a question to this discussion as I am at this point also?

I have had Chicken Pox but have nothing to prove this. I am going to a Medical Centre here in Virginia this afternoon to have my vaccinations transferred from my DS-2053 to an I-693A form. I'll ask about having the Varicella test done but may just go for the jabs instead (I read somewhere it is more expensive to have the test than the jabs).

My question: I have been told by the medical centre that I need 2 varicella jabs and that they need to be 1 month apart. Does this mean I need to wait 1 more month before I can submit my AOS forms? Or, can / will the surgeon write that I have had the first and the second is pending?

For the people that ask about costs, I have been quoted $15 to transfer data and c$70 each for the Varicella jabs.

Thanks,

Jason.

Edited by jase7678

Can I add a question to this discussion as I am at this point also?

I have had Chicken Pox but have nothing to prove this. I am going to a Medical Centre here in Virginia this afternoon to have my vaccinations transferred from my DS-2053 to an I-693A form. I'll ask about having the Varicella test done but may just go for the jabs instead (I read somewhere it is more expensive to have the test than the jabs).

My question: I have been told by the medical centre that I need 2 varicella jabs and that they need to be 1 month apart. Does this mean I need to wait 1 more month before I can submit my AOS forms? Or, can / will the surgeon write that I have had the first and the second is pending?

For the people that ask about costs, I have been quoted $15 to transfer data and c$70 each for the Varicella jabs.

Thanks,

Jason.

My husband couldn't remember if he had chicken pox but I'm sure you could say yes & they would mark it down. But don't take my word for it.

He got ONE varicella jab here in the US, and it cost $5 so I'm not sure where you got your info?

His I-693A form only cost $20 at the civil surgeon as well.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

did you look on uscis.gov for a local list?

I called the phone number for USCIS and have been going through the list. I think I found one only about an hour away vs. the five hours to you Devilette. Not that I wouldn't drive to Cincy if I had to but how insane is this. The one doctor's office said no way and that he would have to have the medical again and it would cost $300.00. I said I could drive to Cincy for less than $300.00.

Crazy!!!

There was one out here in Washington (near Seattle) that would do it by fax. I think the contact info was on the old boards but I know it was $35 and they'd send it by fax to wherever it was needed (including out of state). If I can find the user ID of the person who told me I'll post it. She's still around here, just not as often.

edit: My scary memory... Jamie and her user ID is Jme3589. Maybe shoot her a PM or email if you're interested in the details.

Edited by ceriserose

Electricity is really just organized lightning.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

I've looked in the FAQ's, I've looked in the guides, I've looked on USCIS's website.

Can somebody please provide a link for a list of USCIS doctor's in the US?

We're looking to transfer the DS3025 information to the appropriate I-683A format.

Thanks!

I've looked in the FAQ's, I've looked in the guides, I've looked on USCIS's website.

Can somebody please provide a link for a list of USCIS doctor's in the US?

We're looking to transfer the DS3025 information to the appropriate I-683A format.

Thanks!

uscis.gov-> search 'civil surgeons' -> there you go!

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00048f3d6a1RCRD

Edited by devilette

City: Texas Hill Country Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If you got your vaccinations verified (or supplemented) at your K-1 visa medical exam, and if all your medical records were packed in your mysterious brown envelope and left at the border, you shouldn't need the supplement at all. The USCIS already has the medical stuff you need.

The supplement is really meant for people who come from countries where some vaccinations aren't readily available. The idea is that they can come to the U.S. without the vaccinations if they can't get them, but they have to receive them before their AOS.

So spoke the fairly knowledgeable-sounding guy on the USCIS help line, and we've survived the AOS process so far without an RFE for medical stuff, without submitting the supplement.

Conditions Removed! Ten-year green card received 6/24/2009. No more USCIS for a very long time.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Jen

Jen, I got a I693A for 10 bucks someplace downtown. I'll ask my husband if you want to know where ?

Feb. 15/ 07 --- GC approved

Nov. 17/09 -- I-751 sent (Day 1)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.