68 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ivory Coast
Timeline

We don't write letters because it takes a month or more to get there and some got lost. By that time we have talked a gazillion times already and the content is old.

We have send a few just to say we did, it is archaic for the CO's to still expect that and I believe the observation that no one writes a letter anymore is pretty close to the fact of digital communication in this day and age. I bet the CO's don't write letters to their families at home either.

its off topic from OP post, but simply put, your excuse for not writing letters doesn't hold water, for me it took about two weeks to arrive, and none got lost, i didnt say... o it may get lost so i wont send one, i wont say o this fresh flower wud die in a month so i wont buy it for my partner. there's always content, expressing love never gets old, else i'd say ...o i said "i love u" last week why do i have to say it this week, i already said it. when u have a true partner u never run out of things to talk about.

COs dont expect u to have sent letters, they merely ask for evidence, its up to u to present what u have. everyone knows its harder to write and send letters, so when ur partner receives it, she smells it and holds something u held, she knows u went the extra mile to put a smile on her face and appreciates it. and the CO knows it too.

digital communication ...yes.

soon on your birthday, anniversary, christmas etc. your partner may sent you e-cards with the click of a button not a physical card, a digital flower to your tablet instead of a fresh cut one, etc. then u might understand.

Timeline

It is a good idea to print e-mail exchanges, bring letters (with enveloppes and stamps), etc...

But it is their 2nd chance, they won't have a 3rd. Why take the risk to be denied? I think the petitioner being there is very important! If you have any doubt on that, read T-Bone story... This is not fair in anyway... And they don't tell you that they expect the petitioner either, which makes things even worse because many people don't plan the expense of the trip for the interview...

(To the OP, that really sucks, I am so sorry you have to go through this...)

yep ... i agree, my mother-in-law-to-be says often ...better safe than sorry.

from what i've read from accra consul reviews, when couple's go together, they usually have separate interviews, do well to prepare for it by discussing as much as possible, to have same answers for questions.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

its off topic from OP post, but simply put, your excuse for not writing letters doesn't hold water, for me it took about two weeks to arrive, and none got lost, i didnt say... o it may get lost so i wont send one, i wont say o this fresh flower wud die in a month so i wont buy it for my partner. there's always content, expressing love never gets old, else i'd say ...o i said "i love u" last week why do i have to say it this week, i already said it. when u have a true partner u never run out of things to talk about.

COs dont expect u to have sent letters, they merely ask for evidence, its up to u to present what u have. everyone knows its harder to write and send letters, so when ur partner receives it, she smells it and holds something u held, she knows u went the extra mile to put a smile on her face and appreciates it. and the CO knows it too.

digital communication ...yes.

soon on your birthday, anniversary, christmas etc. your partner may sent you e-cards with the click of a button not a physical card, a digital flower to your tablet instead of a fresh cut one, etc. then u might understand.

Not off topic and relevant. This would be off topic : offtopic45vn.gif What crawled up your butt and died ?

I did not make an excuse Miss Attitude. I simply stated my personal opinion on letter writing. Great that your letters go through,hurrah for you.... some of ours didn't.

Just because it works out great for you does not make it so for the rest of the world.

Letters are a part of the evidence they are looking for if there is not a lot of digital proof as the OP stated she did not yet submit any skype chats

etc. so letters if she has any would be included in a part of something they would look for. Period. All I said was in this day and age not many people write letters and I do not need you to tell me how to conduct my romantic life thank you very much, understand that !

You are totally out there with your last sentence. Give me a break ! Judgmental much ?

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

Don't you skype with him. Any emails and birthday or christmas card? No one writes a letter now but I think if you do have facebook, skype and email messages, you should be fine.

good.gif I agree.

If you send care packages take the address label, postal forms and labels. Packages arrived better than letters and I placed

cards inside the packages but some CO's prefer mailed, addressed, stamped card/letters over non stamped ones.

Spoiler

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

Not off topic and relevant. This would be off topic : offtopic45vn.gif What crawled up your butt and died ?

I did not make an excuse Miss Attitude. I simply stated my personal opinion on letter writing. Great that your letters go through,hurrah for you.... some of ours didn't.

Just because it works out great for you does not make it so for the rest of the world.

Letters are a part of the evidence they are looking for if there is not a lot of digital proof as the OP stated she did not yet submit any skype chats

etc. so letters if she has any would be included in a part of something they would look for. Period. All I said was in this day and age not many people write letters and I do not need you to tell me how to conduct my romantic life thank you very much, understand that !

You are totally out there with your last sentence. Give me a break ! Judgmental much ?

1. Im male

2. Sorry some of your letters didnt arrive

3. Sorry things didn't work out great for you

4. I agree OP should submit anything she didn't submit already as i said in an earlier post

5. You said "no one writes letters", u didn't say "not many ..."

5. I wasn't telling u how to conduct your romantic life, u are matured and married, i was saying tech is overshadowing the originals.

6. Request granted, go on break ... its break time wai

Timeline

1. Im male

2. Sorry some of your letters didnt arrive

3. Sorry things didn't work out great for you

4. I agree OP should submit anything she didn't submit already as i said in an earlier post

5. You said "no one writes letters", u didn't say "not many ..."

5. I wasn't telling u how to conduct your romantic life, u are matured and married, i was saying tech is overshadowing the originals.

6. Request granted, go on break ... its break time wai

Nope not me, that was the other poster you first quoted. I said "not many." You got me mixed up with Kari81 and she meant that figuratively not

literally.

Break time taken....feet up and cup of tea at hand.wink.png

Edited by Ebunoluwa
Spoiler

Timeline

"No one writes letters anymore is pretty close to the fact......of digital communication in this day and age." Emphasize on pretty close.

.....and I believe the observation ( observation made by Kari81 according to her post) that no one writes letters anymore is pretty close to the fact.....

Obviously Kari and I understand that some people will always write letters as long as there are pens and paper but fact remains not many are which does

not take away from any romantic sincerity or genuine expression of love that can be rendered by hundreds of other creative outlets.

I agree that there is a certain romantic factor in writing with a pen on paper but your comment was too judgmental and personal saying "maybe if I get an ecard with a click

on my birthday I would understand." That was not cool. Having been previously married for quite some time I definitely do understand how to conduct myself without any
lessons with ecards to gain understanding on how a marriage works in the romance department.

Actually my fiance had send me a chocolate cake ordered through a US company for my birthday which was quite delicious but unfortunately he can't take that to the embassy because I ate it ! unsure.png

Thinking of it I sure could use a piece to go with my cup of tea. Done splitting hairs. Adios.

Spoiler

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Those of you that had a second interview and brought the petitioner with you, could you please give me any feedback on the process. Meaning, were you separated from the start, allowed to speak, did you have to come back a third time????

Love is a gift and not to be earned, therefore one should never hold any regrets for giving love regardless of the outcome...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/share/immigration-and-economy?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=email221-text1&utm_campaign=immigration

event.png

Timeline

Have you read the consulate reviews ? Sorry if you already did.

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Ghana&cty=&dfilter=5&topic=IR-1/CR-1+Visa

When you enter 'Ghana second interview' into the VJ search bar there are some older threads popping up also.

Perhaps you can pm some members who have been through it if need be.

Spoiler

Timeline

Have you read the consulate reviews ? Sorry if you already did.

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Ghana&cty=&dfilter=5&topic=IR-1/CR-1+Visa

When you enter 'Ghana second interview' into the VJ search bar there are some older threads popping up also.

Perhaps you can pm some members who have been through it if need be.

Thank you. I looked through that but did not go past 2011 but I think I will. I also send two messages to two members so far but no luck.

Love is a gift and not to be earned, therefore one should never hold any regrets for giving love regardless of the outcome...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/share/immigration-and-economy?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=email221-text1&utm_campaign=immigration

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

OP, I am so sorry for this obstacle you are dealing with sad.png

.... but good luck to you and your love on the 2nd interview!! luv.gif

rose.gif

“The moon is at her full, and riding high, floods the calm fields with light. The airs that hover in the summer sky are all asleep tonight.” ~William C. Bryant

Click HERE for our complete K-1 visa journey timeline.

Happily Married: December 1, 2012

AOS Journey:
Filing Date: 4/15/2013

NOA1: 4/23/2013

Received RFE: 5/13/2013 (We forgot to include proof of citizenship of co-sponsor)

Mailed our response to the RFE: 5/15/2013 (We sent the co-sponsor's U.S. birth certificate)

Biometrics Appointment: 5/20/13

EAD: arrived 6/24/13

AOS: APPROVED! No interview! Approval (NOA-1 letter)Date: 9/24/2013

2 year conditional green card received 09/2013.

10 year permanent residency approved 2016.

<3 Baby girl born February 2015 <3

Timeline

OP, I am so sorry for this obstacle you are dealing with sad.png

.... but good luck to you and your love on the 2nd interview!! luv.gif

rose.gif

Thank you Sapphire Moon...

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I read that you are now submitting your chat records. I'm doing the same thing for my K1. I read here to review & edit everything you submit. Sometimes the CO will pick an item from the chats and ask you about it & you should familiarize yourself with what possible redflags to look for in chats (ex. Joking around calling each husband & wife). If you have 1000's of chats you might want to get some help with reading all those IM's. And obviously there is no way to memorize the contents of 1000's of chats but after reviewing them all for red flags, you will have a general idea of what's in them.

Who would go through all this if they weren't in love? These CO's sometimes have me questioning there conscience. I'm hoping we are giving you the necessary help to get through these trying times. Keep your head up.

& please correct me anyone if I'm giving misguided advice because I'm a newbie just getting started with. Also thanks to T-bone for the advice. I have been following your posts prior & appreciate the help

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.