haljbr

F1 Case and get married - What happens?

22 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Mellow make sure you get intouch with Mrs Walker Huntington... She doesn't miss... She is extremely knowledgeable about the immigration system and ur going to Orlando she is just in Fort Lauderdale so call her and anyone else with problems just book your appointment to see her... She is very good at what she does I can tell u

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
I sent an e-mail to NVC informing the situation and asking for an advice.

Thank you all the people that helped me and gave me advice.

I had no intention do not update my status at NVC, but after almost 7 years waiting the life continue.

I hope to fix the update issue based on NVC email.

Well I will receive NVC response (I hope) and will post here for further information.

Cause as I see in many forums the people ask, solve the problem but do not post the results. I hope help others with same issue.

I would like to hear from the people that passed through the same... I will keep waiting...

"Here we are on this earth, with only a few more decades to live, and we lose many irreplaceable hours brooding over grievances that, in a year's time, will be forgotten by us and by everybody..."

Dale Carnegie

Timeline

I sent an email to NVC informing my situation but did not get answer yet.

Sent on 01 august.

Keep waiting...

"Here we are on this earth, with only a few more decades to live, and we lose many irreplaceable hours brooding over grievances that, in a year's time, will be forgotten by us and by everybody..."

Dale Carnegie

Timeline
I sent an email to ( NVCINQUIRY@state.gov ) on Aug 1st with all information that they ask

REQUIRED SECURITY INFORMATION:

* Name of the person submitting the inquiry

* NVC case number or USCIS receipt number

* Petitioner's name and date of birth

* Principal Applicant's name and date of birth

but till now no response.

Dale Carnegie

Filed: FB-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I sent an email to ( NVCINQUIRY@state.gov ) on Aug 1st with all information that they ask
REQUIRED SECURITY INFORMATION:
* Name of the person submitting the inquiry
* NVC case number or USCIS receipt number
* Petitioner's name and date of birth
* Principal Applicant's name and date of birth
but till now no response.

Send another email and ask if your category has been changed. Keep on emailing until they change it.

Timeline

Here is the response that they sent me after I explain that I got married and divorced.

As I understand they didn't answer nothing about F1 and F3.

Well, I ask about F1 and F3, I will continue as F1. In interview I will show the papers about marriage and let's see what happens.

Dear Sir/Madam:

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your inquiry regarding the immigrant visa petition: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX filed by YYYYYY on behalf of ZZZZZZZZZ.

We received the Affidavit of Support Processing Fee payment(s) for this case. You must now download and complete the Affidavit of Support form(s). Please visit the following website to download the appropriate Affidavit of Support form(s) and instructions: (I ALREADY SENT AOS)

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3197.html

We received the Immigrant Visa Processing Fee Payment(s) for this case. You must now download and complete the Immigrant Visa Application and submit it with the required original civil documents for the principal applicant and each derivative applicant that will accompany him/her to the United States. Please visit the following website for instructions on how to obtain and submit the Immigrant Visa Application:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3190.html

We are sending a duplicate packet of information that is important to the processing of this immigrant visa petition. If the designated agent has provided an e-mail address the packet will be sent via e-mail; otherwise, the packet will be sent by postal mail. When the packet is received, please follow all instructions and submit any required fees, forms, or documents to the NVC. Please allow at least 10-15 business days for the packet to arrive.

IMPORTANT:
Do not let more than one year pass without contacting the NVC concerning this visa petition. If a period of one year passes from the last date of contact (by telephone, mail, or e-mail) with the NVC, all submitted fees and documents expire. If this occurs, the fees must be paid again and documents must be resubmitted in order to continue the immigration process.

Dale Carnegie

• 3 months later...
Timeline

After this gap of time I got answer:

If you are a F1 get married and divorce, you return to be a F1.

Dale Carnegie

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.