lostinblue

Larry Elder Explodes At Piers Morgan Over Zimmerman:

86 posts in this topic

There is no such thing as white on white crime. The focus will always be on black people.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

+1000

It should work all ways.

It should, but in this case who was more in the wrong. I had a guy this weekend get into it with me about this case. I had to stop posting I was so heated. He said to me, why didn't he just run home? I said, why, was he in any type of danger? He said 90% or crime is caused by blacks, I said, what about white collar, rapes, and the other ones? I advocate trying the right way to calm a situation down, but if that's the case, then GZ should have just asked him before he spent 4 minutes following him.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

There is no such thing as white on white crime. The focus will always be on black people.

Of course the focus will always be on black people... You don't expect the motley crew to push forward their agenda with logic and cogent discourse, do you?

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It should, but in this case who was more in the wrong. I had a guy this weekend get into it with me about this case. I had to stop posting I was so heated. He said to me, why didn't he just run home? I said, why, was he in any type of danger? He said 90% or crime is caused by blacks, I said, what about white collar, rapes, and the other ones? I advocate trying the right way to calm a situation down, but if that's the case, then GZ should have just asked him before he spent 4 minutes following him.

He should have run home. That doesn't mean society should be that way. But, you gotta look out for you in the immediate present you know. He can't hope to control other people's actions and confronting any stranger is highly dangerous. Of course ideally GZ would not have gotten out of his car, but good luck controlling that part of the equation. TM's mistake was being to young to realize this guy could have been armed and that no good would come from confronting him.

I left the asshat state as soon as I figured it out.

Texas thanks you for your sacrifice good.gif

I am sure we are all worse off here because of your selfless action.

Edited by himher

i don't get it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

He should have run home. That doesn't mean society should be that way. But, you gotta look out for you in the immediate present you know. He can't hope to control other people's actions and confronting any stranger is highly dangerous. Of course ideally GZ would not have gotten out of his car, but good luck controlling that part of the equation. TM's mistake was being to young to realize this guy could have been armed and that no good would come from confronting beating him.

Fixed.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: Timeline

Texas thanks you for your sacrifice good.gif

I am sure we are all worse off here because of your selfless action.

How long is it going to take you to stop being butt hurt? rofl.gif

I didn't think I damaged you that emotionally during our last chat.

i bet I still pay more property tax there than you dancin5hr.gif

Timeline

Fixed.

No thanks. My version was more accurate. Unless your version of the narrative is that the fight/scuffle/beating/whatever was not preceded by a verbal confrontation. As in TM leaped from the bushes to pummel GZ. Said confrontation most likely lead to the altercation.

Two fails in my mind. GZ carrying a gun and TM not thinking that GZ could be carrying a gun.

He should have run home. That doesn't mean society should be that way. But, you gotta look out for you in the immediate present you know. He can't hope to control other people's actions and confronting any stranger is highly dangerous. Of course ideally GZ would not have gotten out of his car, but good luck controlling that part of the equation. TM's mistake was being to young to realize this guy could have been armed and that no good would come from confronting him.

Ok, by most people's comments here, GZ following him and everything else he did was not illegal nor was it a threat. So why should he run home if he wasn't in danger? Does that mean that GZ meant to hurt him?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

No thanks. My version was more accurate. Unless your version of the narrative is that the fight/scuffle/beating/whatever was not preceded by a verbal confrontation. As in TM leaped from the bushes to pummel GZ. Said confrontation most likely lead to the altercation.

Two fails in my mind. GZ carrying a gun and TM not thinking that GZ could be carrying a gun.

I guess no one knows for sure what happened. I think it went something like GZ asking him "what are you doing here?" or something along those lines. And then TM getting pissed about being questioned and proceeding to beat on GZ. I'd hardly consider that a confrontation from GZ's end. Maybe it is. In my mind it definitely doesn't warrant a beating.

I think there's a message being lost in all these rallies and media interviews. The message is, If someone asks you a question, the proper response isn't to start pounding their face. Maybe say "#### off it's none of your business." But assaulting someone for asking you a question is a good way to get killed. TM escalated it by assaulting him and then GZ used deadly force to defend himself, as is his right to do so. If TM didn't decide to play bad a$$, he would've been home enjoying his Skittles and Iced Tea a short time after running into GZ. I'm having a hard time understand why people aren't getting that.

Timeline

Ok, by most people's comments here, GZ following him and everything else he did was not illegal nor was it a threat. So why should he run home if he wasn't in danger? Does that mean that GZ meant to hurt him?

It's all about perception I suppose. If TM felt uneasy or worried about something, do you think the proper response is to escalate the situation and assault the person?

Timeline

Who cares what people here say. They even carry guns for this exact reason. They're just fooling themselves to think that their gun will save them ever time as opposed to creating the very situation that leads to their death. If this case does not show definitively that one should avoid confrontations with strangers, what does? Yeah we know he had a right to be there, yeah we know he wasn't doing anything wrong, and yeah we know he was being followed and probably profiled. He stood up for himself and died. This is the lesson folks. Be a bad a$$ if you want but know that you're risking your life and therefore making a selfish decision in the world of all those people who depend on you and care for you. Was GZ wrong? Yes. Did that change anything? No.