Simpleme

CRBA question

26 posts in this topic

Crba wherein the baby was born abroad just like in my case. Got a 7mos baby. Have to file crba for her to be able to get u.s passport. :)

Filed cr1 via dcf nov 14, 2014

Approved application nov 26, 2014

Case number december 3, 2014

-----------------------------------had personal things to do so medical and interview was delayed after a month

Medical feb 2-3 2015

Interview- feb 12 2015 APPROVED!!!!

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ic,can i apply for crba for my daughter so we can travel together?! We are upgraded to immediate relatives and i already recieve my visa,but her papers was still in process.. Can i apply crba ?!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ic,can i apply for crba for my daughter so we can travel together?! We are upgraded to immediate relatives and i already recieve my visa,but her papers was still in process.. Can i apply crba ?!

First, are you a US citizen? or the husband? if one of you are US citizen then the daughter is automatic us citizen .

Get the original birth certificate at NSO, Fill up the form online then schedule it to go at US embassy Manila.

Bring all the original copies

Bring also your Passport, Birth Certificate and Marriage contract and same to your husband

Apply CRBA and Passport while you are already at US embassy Manila..

good luck

Timeline for my Mother

April 19, 2013 - submit the form I-130

April 22, 2013 - Receive the NOA1

July 29, 2013 - Approved NOA2 ( 82 working days)

July 30, 2013 - USCIS shipped my documents to NVC

Aug 5, 2013 - Arrived at NVC Building

Aug 13, 2013 - Got the NVC case # via PHONE

Aug 14, 2013 - Got the Invoice # via PHONE

Aug 15, 2013 - Send my DS-3032 via Email

Aug 16, 2013 - AOS Pay

Aug 17, 2013 - Got an email to print the COVER SHEET

Aug 21, 2013 - send the AOS overnight at NVC

Aug 28, 2013 - Accept the DS-3032

Aug 30, 2013 - IV BILL pay and Documents Sent to NVC receive the checklist AOS.

September 19, 2013 Sent back the checklist

September 20, 2013 Sept 26, arrived @ NVC

Sept 30,2013 - already encode to their system

ADVANCE MEDICAL @ St. Luke - SEPTEMBER 23, 2013

CASE COMPLETE AS OF TODAY : OCTOBER 23,2013

NOVEMBER 1 , 2013 -Documents left at NVC - Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center

NOVEMBER 4, 2013 Delivered - Signed for by : CEZAR NARTEA

NOVEMBER 5, 2013 - CEAC Case Creation Date: 13-Aug-2013 Status Updated Date: 05-Nov-2013 Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have received interview scheduling instructions.

DECEMBER 09, 2013 INTERVIEW DATE FOR MY MOTHER ( scheduled by NVC)

RESCHEDULED ONLINE for my mother interview early, NOVEMBER 18, 2013 - PASSED THE INTERVIEW!!!

11-18-2013 ceac -AP

11-20-2013 ceac - READY

11-21-2013 ceac - ISSUED

11-25-2013 -2go -- transit

11-26-2013 - VISA ON HAND

12-05-2013 - scheduled fly to USA.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

My husband is a us citizen.. Im the mother..and my flight will be nextweek..what will happen to her petiton ..where waiting for form 130 to be approve.

Timeline

My husband is a us citizen.. Im the mother..and my flight will be nextweek..what will happen to her petiton ..where waiting for form 130 to be approve.

I don't understand you case? 1-130 for whom? for you?

you don't need to petition your daughter because she is automatic a US citizen.. all you need is report the CRBA and the same time

get her a US passport US embassy in manila. just fill up the form and apply it. and they will schedule u for interview..

is your daughter the dad is your husband? right?

Timeline for my Mother

Aug 16, 2013 - AOS Pay

NOVEMBER 1 , 2013 -Documents left at NVC - Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center

NOVEMBER 5, 2013 - CEAC Case Creation Date: 13-Aug-2013 Status Updated Date: 05-Nov-2013 Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have received interview scheduling instructions.

RESCHEDULED ONLINE for my mother interview early, NOVEMBER 18, 2013 - PASSED THE INTERVIEW!!!

11-18-2013 ceac -AP

11-20-2013 ceac - READY

11-21-2013 ceac - ISSUED

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

First, are you a US citizen? or the husband? if one of you are US citizen then the daughter is automatic us citizen .

Get the original birth certificate at NSO, Fill up the form online then schedule it to go at US embassy Manila.

Bring all the original copies

Bring also your Passport, Birth Certificate and Marriage contract and same to your husband

Apply CRBA and Passport while you are already at US embassy Manila..

good luck

She is NOT an automatic USC just because one parent is a USC. The parent has to meet th residency requirements AND the USC parent has to go to the Embassy with the mother and child to file a CRBA.

I guess this is why the OP has a pending I-130 for her daughter, since the father is not with them at the moment.

Only the USC father can apply for the CRBA, not the foreign mother. You will have to get the father to come to Philippines and go to the Embassy together with you and the child.

If your flights next week, and you don't have an CRBA or an approved I-130 with what kind of visa is your child traveling to the US? If you don't have a valid visa the airline will deny you (and your child) boarding. If you have a green card (I-551), but can't do the CRBA, your child might qualify for an automatic green card and derivative citizenship. Read here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/431566-our-story-crba-for-our-child-denied-entering-the-us-with-a-baby-transportation-letter-and-citizenship-through-the-cca/

It's amazing how many questions can be resolved with a 2 minute Google search...

Timeline

Mark88

She is NOT an automatic USC just because one parent is a USC. The parent has to meet th residency requirements AND the USC parent has to go to the Embassy with the mother and child to file a CRBA.

I guess this is why the OP has a pending I-130 for her daughter, since the father is not with them at the moment.

MOTHER/ FATHER/ PARENTS:

NOTE: If the US citizen parents transmitting citizenship to the child is not present, he/she may complete state department form Ds 5507 affidavit of percentage and support

and submit separately: the parent completing this application should provide as much information on the parent completing the form ds5507 as he/she has

Timeline for my Mother

Aug 16, 2013 - AOS Pay

11-18-2013 ceac -AP

11-20-2013 ceac - READY

11-21-2013 ceac - ISSUED

Timeline

The child born outside the USA and one of the parents is a US citizen she/he will be automatic a US citizen..

I have a friend same situation to you " kabayan" i don't think so you need to petition your daughter..

what is your visa to enter in the USA?

good luck

Timeline for my Mother

Aug 16, 2013 - AOS Pay

11-18-2013 ceac -AP

11-20-2013 ceac - READY

11-21-2013 ceac - ISSUED

Timeline

The child born outside the USA and one of the parents is a US citizen she/he will be automatic a US citizen..

I have a friend same situation to you " kabayan" i don't think so you need to petition your daughter..

good luck

I will ask my friend... that same situation to your case..

Timeline for my Mother

Aug 16, 2013 - AOS Pay

11-18-2013 ceac -AP

11-20-2013 ceac - READY

11-21-2013 ceac - ISSUED

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Mark88

MOTHER/ FATHER/ PARENTS:

NOTE: If the US citizen parents transmitting citizenship to the child is not present, he/she may complete state department form Ds 5507 affidavit of percentage and support

and submit separately: the parent completing this application should provide as much information on the parent completing the form ds5507 as he/she has

DS5507 has nothing to do with CRBA!

good luck

Again, the child is only a US citizen by birth, if the CRBA is completed at the Embassy. Just having one USC parent doesn't automatic transfer citizenship! Shiela, read the guidlines:

http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/reporting-births-and-citizenship-questions.html

Proof of the U.S. citizen parent's physical presence in the U.S. (This is not required if BOTH parents are U.S. citizens.) For children born to one U.S. citizen and one foreign national, the U.S. citizen parent will need to show five years of physical presence in the U.S., two of which must be after the age of 14. Examples of items that show physical presence are school transcripts, income tax returns with Form W-2, Social Security earnings history, pay receipts, passport entry/exit stamps in current and previous passports, etc.

It's amazing how many questions can be resolved with a 2 minute Google search...

Filed: Timeline

To clarify, the child is either automatically a U.S. citizen at birth, or she is not a U.S. citizen at all.

If her parents are both U.S. citizens in wedlock or if she has one U.S. citizen parent and that parent meets certain residency requirements at the time of her birth (the specific rules for the various cases can be seen here: http://travel.state.gov/law/citizenship/citizenship_5199.html), the child is automatically a U.S. citizen at birth.

A CRBA never gives someone U.S. citizenship. A CRBA can only be gotten for someone who already has U.S. citizenship at birth. For someone who has U.S. citizenship at birth, a CRBA is not required to make them a U.S. citizen.

A CRBA is also not required to apply for a U.S. passport. Simply having proof of U.S. citizenship (i.e. proof that your parent(s) transmitted citizenship to you at birth) is enough to apply for a U.S. passport. However, a CRBA makes it more convenient.

Edited by newacct

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Only the USC father can apply for the CRBA, not the foreign mother. You will have to get the father to come to Philippines and go to the Embassy together with you and the child.

***** that is not true! I applied the CRBA and US passport here i. The philippines without the presence of the fiance... He just sent me the notarized documents to where i have to present on my interview....

If your flights next week, and you don't have an CRBA or an approved I-130 with what kind of visa is your child traveling to the US? If you don't have a valid visa the airline will deny you (and your child) boarding. If you have a green card (I-551), but can't do the CRBA, your child might qualify for an automatic green card and derivative citizenship. Read here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/431566-our-story-crba-for-our-child-denied-entering-the-us-with-a-baby-transportation-letter-and-citizenship-through-the-cca/

Timeline

DS5507 has nothing to do with CRBA!

Again, the child is only a US citizen by birth, if the CRBA is completed at the Embassy. Just having one USC parent doesn't automatic transfer citizenship! Shiela, read the guidlines:

http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/reporting-births-and-citizenship-questions.html

Proof of the U.S. citizen parent's physical presence in the U.S. (This is not required if BOTH parents are U.S. citizens.) For children born to one U.S. citizen and one foreign national, the U.S. citizen parent will need to show five years of physical presence in the U.S., two of which must be after the age of 14. Examples of items that show physical presence are school transcripts, income tax returns with Form W-2, Social Security earnings history, pay receipts, passport entry/exit stamps in current and previous passports, etc.

She is from philippines and your case is in MUBAI.. i don't know what is in your country why is like that..

but to be honest with you.. her daughter is automatic US citizen and look at the form of CRBA read under that message..

there is a note:

MOTHER/ FATHER/ PARENTS:

NOTE: If the US citizen parents transmitting citizenship to the child is not present, he/she may complete state department form Ds 5507 affidavit of percentage and support and submit separately: the parent completing this application should provide as much information on the parent completing the form ds 5507 as he/she has

that's why all she need is let the father fill up the form of Ds 5507, even the father will not show up in the interview.. I have a friend same situation to her right now

and she get the her child US passport with out the presence of the husband. as long there's a proof that the husband is a us citizen..

Timeline for my Mother

Aug 16, 2013 - AOS Pay

11-18-2013 ceac -AP

11-20-2013 ceac - READY

11-21-2013 ceac - ISSUED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.