Bugs

What percentage end up having to take sputum?

28 posts in this topic

As the title, I was wondering if anyone could give me a ballpark of how many of those that take the medical at St. Luke's fail their x-ray and have to undergo the sputum test.

I'm a bit nervous about this due to the 8 week delay that would result if my fiance ends up needing to take the sputum test, throwing a monkey wrench in our plans on being at the visa interview together.

barata-gif-3.gif

8 weeks or 6 months it really depends.

when is his medical?

Her. And I know how long the wait is for the sputum test, but my question is just how many that take the medical end up having to take the sputum test compared to how many pass the X-ray. 10%, 50%, 90%?

She can't do the medical until she gets her NOA2, which will come any day now. I'm hoping her interview can be scheduled first week of October, when I am coming to see her, and can attend with her, but if she takes the sputum, then that would obviously push it past then, and the next time I could come is the end of November or December.

barata-gif-3.gif

yeah thts true.

n sorry i dont know bout the chances or percentages of the ppl tht go thru medical m have to take d sputum test.

my husband has hep b n i was really worried but it all turned out ok.

just have her stay healthy 1 month before her medical

drink lotsa milk water juice

have her excersise alot n sleep

its rare tho tht applicants undergo sputum shell be fine dnt wory

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i totally understand how u feel..i was also verrrrrrryyy nervous before i had my medical exam bec of the possible delays that it may cause.. but to answer your question, i think it really depends.. depends on the demographics.. or the people who are attending the medical exam..where do they lived, what's their medical history,and other factors.. if we have St.Lukes data, we might have an idea.. many people goes to St.Lukes everyday..when i had my medical, i noticed that there were many patients who are waiting at DOT..or those who maybe positive with tb..they were wearing a mask..it actually made me nervous seeing them.. maybe tell ur fiancee to boost her immune system.. eat fruits,veggies, and take multivitamins..

As the title, I was wondering if anyone could give me a ballpark of how many of those that take the medical at St. Luke's fail their x-ray and have to undergo the sputum test.

I'm a bit nervous about this due to the 8 week delay that would result if my fiance ends up needing to take the sputum test, throwing a monkey wrench in our plans on being at the visa interview together.

this make me nervous! thank you for raising this question. ;)

i totally understand how u feel..i was also verrrrrrryyy nervous before i had my medical exam bec of the possible delays that it may cause.. but to answer your question, i think it really depends.. depends on the demographics.. or the people who are attending the medical exam..where do they lived, what's their medical history,and other factors.. if we have St.Lukes data, we might have an idea.. many people goes to St.Lukes everyday..when i had my medical, i noticed that there were many patients who are waiting at DOT..or those who maybe positive with tb..they were wearing a mask..it actually made me nervous seeing them.. maybe tell ur fiancee to boost her immune system.. eat fruits,veggies, and take multivitamins..

thanks ann! i wil take your advice. you are such a great help! seems like your interview is coming as well as your fiance ;) i wish you the best. good luck! ;)

AOS/EAD/AP

10/03/13 - package sent to Chicago Lockbox

10/07/13 - package received by S. Rodriguez

10/10/13 - Email Notification for AOS/EAD/AP

10/19/13 - NOA1 EAD

11/07/13 - BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT

11/16/13 - USCIS Status for I-485: Testing and Interview

12/03/13 - USCIS Status for I-131 AP - Approved / USCIS Status for I-485 - Card/ Document Production

01/07/14 - INTERVIEW @ 1:00pm, USCIS Hagatna Guam -APPROVED

01/08/14 - Card Production Ordered

01/09/14 - Register Permanent Status

01/14/14 - For Delivery with USPS Tracking No.

1/24/14/ - GC on hand

ROC I-751

10/09/15 - Eligible for ROC

10/21/15 - I-751 Packet mailed via USPS (2 day Priority Mail)

10/23/15 - Delivered to USCIS California Service Center

10/27/15 - $590 charged to account.

10/29/15 - received NOA dated 10/23/15

11/06/15 - Biometrics received for 11/18/15 appointment

Good advice. And it just so happens that she is sick with a cold or flu at the moment - not a good time to be worrying about something like this eh? lol

barata-gif-3.gif

this make me nervous! thank you for raising this question. ;)

thanks ann! i wil take your advice. you are such a great help! seems like your interview is coming as well as your fiance ;) i wish you the best. good luck! ;)

Yeah, me too. I'm reading that if doctors just see a spot, no matter what it is, they will administer the sputum. Sigh, I swear the things we have to go through to get married to our loved ones lol..

barata-gif-3.gif

Timeline

thanks ann! i wil take your advice. you are such a great help! seems like your interview is coming as well as your fiance wink.png i wish you the best. good luck! wink.png

thanks girl. :) yes, my fiance is coming to town..:D and our interview is getting closer. i'm starting to feel nervous and having sleepless nights!. thanks again agian and good luck on your journey too! :)

Timeline

Yeah, me too. I'm reading that if doctors just see a spot, no matter what it is, they will administer the sputum. Sigh, I swear the things we have to go through to get married to our loved ones lol..

ya.. i read on fb groups where someone had a medical exam who have colds.. unfortunately the doctor saw something cloudy on the xray.. then.. there...sent for sputum.. so it is impt to go to St.lukes when not sick.. coz a simple colds might put u on additional months of waiting..

your right never go to ur medical when u have a cold.or.smthng

my anty was on 6 month delay cus.she went wen.she was.sick.

no appointment for medical so just go bht before.u interview like a weel before.

n yes to d multivitamins n eating veggie:)

im so happy everyone is helpful.here.on. VJ when some members are curious n.worried.

u guys are d best!!!

Timeline

Good advice. And it just so happens that she is sick with a cold or flu at the moment - not a good time to be worrying about something like this eh? lol

oh... ya.. Mylen needs to boost her immune system then.. haha it's funny how i ate lots of apples and oranges,drank bear brand and pineapple juice and took multivitamins.even if i don't really like oranges and apples, i just ate.. atleast i can tell to myself that i tried to boost my immune system and i just prayed that i will pass the medical.. i told myself that i would really feel sad if i don't pass.. but i was relieved when i passed.. i guess for now,that's what we can do..to ready our body and boost our immune system... then after Mylen's medical exam and all is well, wow, it would be such a big relief!!as in!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Read this: Philippines TB

Its estimated that 200,000 to 600,000 have TB...

Eating lots of fruit, taking vitamins isn't going to do "jack" for preventing TB

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

We were just there at the embassy. You do not need to be at the interview. You will probably be asked to sit down while they interview her alone. I saw this happen, the interviewer asked the USC to sit down while she did the fiance interview.

Sputum test percentage.? Do a google search of how many Philippinos have been exposed to TB. Extrapolate the answer. If she has been exposed to TB and has scarring on her lungs then she will be subjected to the sputum tests. period. If she tests positive for TB, she will be required to complete the 6 month medication series at St. Lukes.

Don't go when you have a cold? Drink milk, take vitamins, apples, oranges, etc are completely are false and give people false hope and chika chika (gossip). Know the facts and deal with them.

We just went through the 2 month sputum culture test, so I am speaking from experience.

Don't worry about being there for the fiance interview other than moral support. I would suggest making sure all the things you can control are correct and just deal with St. Lukes as it comes.

Good luck.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

CDC wants to be sure that immigrants are not carriers of some contagious disease. I was also worried when i had my medical appointment that they might see something in my chest x-ray. And they did see something but i was not required to have a sputum test. So when we were working on my AOS i was required to go through another series of medical exams. I even had a tuberculin skin test. Good thing the result was negative. USCIS received my medical packet June 20,2013. I received a reply July 3 my AOS has been approved. Received my permanent resident card July 10 without going to an interview. kicking.gifkicking.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.