gizzyboo

Alien Registration Number at the top of each sheet of paper?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hi fellow VJers,

I am preparing K1 visa petition for my fiance so I am trying to read the I-129F instructions word by word to make sure I do everything correctly. I am a naturalized citizen so yes I do have an Alien Registration Number and will provide in the I-129F form and the back of my passport-style photo as required. What I am confused about is on the very top of I-129F instructions, it says:

...... If you need more space to complete an answer, use a separate sheet of paper. Write your name and Alien Registration Number (A#), if any, at the top of each sheet of paper and indicate the part and number of the item to which the answer refers.

From the K1 Guide:

4. Declaration of how you met in person in the last two years. This should be a single typed page attachment regarding question 18 of the I-129F. Make sure to sign and date it.

I believe this declaration WILL need to have my A# as it is a direct answer to question #18. But what about the proofs?

Are the proofs of having met in person in the last 2 years, such as airline tickets, hotel receipts, boarding passes, passport stamps, photos etc considered "more space to complete an answer", corresponding to Question #18? If so, does that mean I have to put my A# on the top of every single pages of everything I am submitting? Even on the chat, phone, skype, facetime logs too? I worry (probably no need to) they would confuse my A# with my fiance's A# and thinking somehow he already has one?

I have searched everywhere inside and outside of VJ but couldn't find a clear answer on this. If anyone has similar experiences, please let me know. Sorry for the silly question. I might be overthinking this, as usual. biggrin.png

Thanks a lot!

No need to put your former A number anywhere, the A number becomes obsolete the day you become a citizen! I know, I am one myself and I didn't put my former A number anywhere, on anything. Couldn't even remember my old A number if I tried.....

Timeline

No need to put your former A number anywhere, the A number becomes obsolete the day you become a citizen! I know, I am one myself and I didn't put my former A number anywhere, on anything. Couldn't even remember my old A number if I tried.....

That's what I thought originally but then reading from older threads, some said "if you have one then you have one, then you should provide it". Now I am even more confused. Shouldn't you be a citizen to file a K1 petition? Then if A# isn't needed because you are a citizen, why would they even ask for that?

Timeline

Also I am planning to send both of my Naturalization Certificate (which has the A#) and every page of my passport. Is that overkill?

I didn't put my former A number on anything and was never asked for it either. I sent copy of my naturalization certificate and of every page in my passport. That was good enough for Jamaica but every country differs....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Since you are a USC and are sending in your proof of that, it most likely does not matter if you list your old A# or not. People are approved when listing it, and approved when not listing it. For proof of being a USC, it is a copy of your naturalization OR all pages of your US passport. You do not need both, but can send both if you wish.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.