Dana1103

One year ban from drug use :(

45 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

She didn't have to prove about her been clean the whole year but they did ask her and her appointment was her medical first and interviewed in the consul same as the first time ,the nvc should be available to give you the phone # of the consul to call but they will not give you any information before hes year is up but soon is up call them and everything will be really quick , just be patient good luck

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello guys my name is Esmeralda. As i read about this topic im saddened for those that are still going through this process; and happy for those that can turn back and say that they over came it :). I aswell got my visa denied on March 6 of this year and awaiting my ban to be over this end of November 2015. Im stuck in Tijuana Mx. My two kiddos are in the US with my husband :( one is about to turn 3 abd the other is 11 years old.

Im currently going to a lab and getting tested every so often although they recommend every 3 months i decided to do it more often. What i am contemplating on is whether or not i should also go to a rehab to have more proof. Uggggh so sad that Im going through this as God knows ive never had a drug problem. does anyone have any updates as to how their case is going?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Do they automatically test for marijuana/other drugs? My gf, soon to be fiance is a recovered addict, has completed rehab programs and all, is that gonna affect everything?!

Timeline

And when you say she admitted using marijuana in the past do they actually ask it you've EVER used it? I mean if someone smoked pot 20 years ago you would have to say yes you have used it in the past if you were being honest.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Do they automatically test for marijuana/other drugs? My gf, soon to be fiance is a recovered addict, has completed rehab programs and all, is that gonna affect everything?!

It may. She may get a 1 yr ban in which she would need to see a USCIS approved psychiatrist.

Timeline

Well if that's the case and there's no way around it I guess on the bright side we are only 45 min away so we will just have to continue what we've been doing, besides her turns coming here. I live in buffalo ny, i can literally walk to canada which is where she's at. We alternate spending 3 days a week with one another, they don't even ask us any questions at the border anymore.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Well if that's the case and there's no way around it I guess on the bright side we are only 45 min away so we will just have to continue what we've been doing, besides her turns coming here. I live in buffalo ny, i can literally walk to canada which is where she's at. We alternate spending 3 days a week with one another, they don't even ask us any questions at the border anymore.

Just be careful with that...it could eventually catch up with you. Also perhaps somebody could confirm but if given a 1 year ban I'm not certai. That she would be able to visit.

Timeline

Oh I know that she wouldn't be able to cross that's why I said we could continue seeing each other but without her visiting here if she had a ban. And as far as the visiting, we have been doing it for 4 years, talked to many officers about it along the way, Canadians don't need a visitor visa like other countries do and they can be here up to 6 months per calender year, so with alternating every other week for 3 days it's about half that total a year that she's here (half of 56 weeks is 28, times 3 is 84, then give and take a few days). With the nexus pass you can drive right through without having to stop for questioning if you are a frequent visitor, so you actually seem to get less issues going more often I've found.

Edited by kitsulli

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I have actually emailed the consulate and got a response from them. They advised me that I would not need to reapply and I just need to email them as soon as the ban is up for my husband to be able to do the medical exam. I was told there is no need for testing to make sure you're clean so I'm sure the rehab is not necessary at all. Good luck! I cannot imagine being away from my kids!! Having my husband alone has been hectic as it is.

Hello guys my name is Esmeralda. As i read about this topic im saddened for those that are still going through this process; and happy for those that can turn back and say that they over came it :). I aswell got my visa denied on March 6 of this year and awaiting my ban to be over this end of November 2015. Im stuck in Tijuana Mx. My two kiddos are in the US with my husband :( one is about to turn 3 abd the other is 11 years old.

Im currently going to a lab and getting tested every so often although they recommend every 3 months i decided to do it more often. What i am contemplating on is whether or not i should also go to a rehab to have more proof. Uggggh so sad that Im going through this as God knows ive never had a drug problem. does anyone have any updates as to how their case is going?

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

And when you say she admitted using marijuana in the past do they actually ask it you've EVER used it? I mean if someone smoked pot 20 years ago you would have to say yes you have used it in the past if you were being honest.

• 8 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I am currently going through a similar situation with my husband. He had his IV interview in September 2015 and was denied based on admission to smoking marijuana once during the year. He was eligible for a new medical this month April 2016. We sent the new medical via DHL but haven't hear back. I called the consulate and each time I get a different response. Supposedly we weren't authorized to send documents to the consulate because we need clearance. How long does it take to get a response? Also where your family members who are going through the same situation provisional waiver applicants? Any response/comments would be appreciated!

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

A post and replies have been split from this thread and given the topic title "I-601A Already Approved; Why Is Another Needed? [split topic]."

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I need some help and info-I just got banned one year for admiting marijuana use.The medical facility asked me to get in a rehab program and do like 3 antidoping test ,is the rehab really nessesary?i would defently would do the test but rehab i dont think i need it.Is there any way it can be sooner than a year ? Please some info would help i can redo my medical till july 2017

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.