Scaredbob

I 751 interview need helppppp

24 posts in this topic

Hi all, I am scared right now. I file i751 on sep 2012 then on april 2013 I got a letter saying that I need to send more evidence( RFE letter). I took 1 month to gathering document and sent it to them in May. Now June 2013 I got another letter say

" the letter is in reference to your form I 751, petition to remove the condition on residence. This is to notify you that your petition has been relocated to uscis field office listed below for adjudication. That office will schedule an interview for you. When an interview date becomes available, that office will notify you in a separate notice of the date and time you will need to appear for the interview.

When you appear for the interview,you must bring this notice,along with evidence to establish that the marriage though which you gained your conditional residence status was enter in good faith. This evidence may include , but not limited to, joint bank account , joint leases, joint mortgage, insurances policies, canceled checks, joint bills, etc if you are applying under one of the exemption provision , you will need to bring evidence to support your claim.".

Document that I sent

-Joint bank account

-life insurance

-car insurance

-pink slip of car

-advidift of two friends

-lease agreement of rent( it's a sublease agreement coz we live in her mom apartment)

-photo

-Tax return 3 years

-aaa membership

Here are my question.

1. Will they ask me only or me and my wife to show up in the interview day?

2.On the interview day will it be just regular interview( checking document and asking a simple question) or stroke interview( I don't know exactly what it means but I think they will separate us and ask question)?

3.Does anyone has a case like this please share story?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

well at such interviews u normally appear husband and wife , they ask yo wife a certain question and then the same question is indirectly asked to the hubby to see if u all have contradicting answers and for the case of missing documents u need to have all of them handy n make copies like 2 of each n never know they may not ask for them for example for ma case before i had ma interview they had told me i had missing documents on ma hubby's tax returns and they told me to come with the missing documetns and i tried as much as i could to have all ma documents ready n in hand trust me at the day of the interview i was more than ready but when the big moment arrived she only asked me for pictures of me n ma hubby n ma birth certificate n ma interview was scheduled at 6.30am and by 8am i was done wit everything but u know all the security checks u go thru so ma final interview was like at 7.50am n in 5mins i was done wit ma interview .Have lots of pix of u guys together in different places u both visited ,flaunt yo rings in pix(lol) pix wen u r kissin (smiles) n more n for ma case i had all pix in different places n wat i did is i placed the ones that caught her attention on top n she said i love yo pix n she dint look thru the rest

So in your case they dont separate you guys in different room right? And you got interview for I 751 just like mine right? Im afraid they will separate me and my wife for question.

So in your case they dont separate you guys in different room right? And you got interview for I 751 just like mine right? Im afraid they will separate me and my wife for question.

Why do you think that? A Stokes interview (which is where they seperate the two people and grill them with the same questions over and over) is for when they suspect visa fraud. If you had an interview for AOS and now have one for ROC, you are just one of the lucky ones to have been selected to have interviews. There are those that have no interviews for either stage and there are those that have only one interview--AOS or at ROC. I think our file was just selected because it was one of those randon files. Relax. They ask simple questions unless they think you are committing immigration fraud. I would look at your case and see if there are any items that would raise a red flag? Do you have documents that show the same address? Is she and are you beneficiary's on each other's accounts or employer benefits if applicable?

Good luck,

Dave

Thank you dave.

I just worry about it. If stroke interview happens , it will scare me. we live in the same address and we all have life insurance for each other benefits. How you know if it will be regular or stroke interview? The letter that I got seem to be which one? And you have the same letter like I have?

Thank you dave.

I just worry about it. If stroke interview happens , it will scare me. we live in the same address and we all have life insurance for each other benefits. How you know if it will be regular or stroke interview? The letter that I got seem to be which one? And you have the same letter like I have?

A regular interview will with both of you in the same room. If someone else comes up and asks one of you to follow them while the other spouse remains in the first room you know then that you are getting a Stokes interview. These are very rare and are only used when immigration fraud is suspected. You seem over concerned and that will translate into bad body language when you enter the interview. Trust me they will notice this extra nervousness and then they may becide to give you a Stokes interview at a later time all because you have scared yourself. You need to relax and not think the worst or it will come to pass.

Relax. Breathe. Relax. An interview is nothing to worry about. In 95% of the cases it is a formality. YOU NEED TO RELAX.

Good luck to you,

Dave

I got one more question. Its almost 3 years after first green card received. If I dont get a letter for interciew, can I apply for citizenship?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tunisia
Timeline

yes you can I applied in the same month you did apply september 2012, If you don't get no response go ahead and file for N400 that will make them hurry a little. Good luck.

Dude just relax. A certain amount of applicants gets interviewed no matter what due to the quota USCIS has to fill every year.

Unless you really committed fraud otherwise you have NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING to fear about. Worst come to worst you had a stokes interview, be prepared for them to ask you some very personal questions which can and will involve sex between you and your spouse.

Also as for N400... well, when you reached your conditional GC's "Resident Since" date + 3 years - 90 days then by all means go ahead and file. I had to do mine.

What happened with me was exact identical to yours. Except the interview was never scheduled, the whole process went beyond year-long. I end up filed for N400, took the oath and became a citizen with a pending ROC.

Thank steve.

You said that your case just like mine? I got a letter saying that my case been recoated to la office but no schedule yet. They will let me know when the interview is. Ill maybe never get interview because n400 will be like 1 month from now. so you mean you got the letter like mine but they never schedule the interview for you. So you go for n400 after 3 year- 90 days right? How you got citizenship with roc pending?

Thank steve.

You said that your case just like mine? I got a letter saying that my case been recoated to la office but no schedule yet. They will let me know when the interview is. Ill maybe never get interview because n400 will be like 1 month from now. so you mean you got the letter like mine but they never schedule the interview for you. So you go for n400 after 3 year- 90 days right? How you got citizenship with roc pending?

How? Beats me.

Yeah I got the RFE then relocation notice, after 4 months passed by and NOTHING. I had to get my congressman involved, filed for N-400 and never heard back regarding the ROC.

I just checked my ROC application status online, it still says "INITIAL REVIEW".

I have no clue how.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.