8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have been preparing some relationship evidence for my fiancee to hand in at the interview . I was wondering exactly how this will be presented at the embassy . Do you simply hand it over to the CO if asked for it ? Can you make a request to hand in such evidence before the actual interview . I plan to attend the interview and read something about handing in my passport . This was in an older posting on VJ . Would you do that to make sure they know you are here ?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You only give what they ask, when they ask for it. You don't volunteer info or evidence.

Upon entry to the Embassy, you will need to show your US passport.

Timeline

You only give what they ask, when they ask for it. You don't volunteer info or evidence.

Upon entry to the Embassy, you will need to show your US passport .

You are well aware of our red flags . Wouldn't providing such evidence be beneficial in our case ? To bolster the bona fied relationship ? I understand it's best not to say anything unless asked . I get that , but I do not want to sit there and take a possible denial without the chance to show more . If we can tell by the way the CO acts and says things , perhaps then I can just submit the extra evidence . I just want to know we will have that chance to provide such evidence before a denial is issued .

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

They will ask for evidence as they see it fit. You can volunteer but they might not even look at it and would just be a reason for them to asl questions depending on what they see. If they ask for it then give evidence. 8T is like the same as volunteering an answer that they didn't want to know. It is unnecessary. :) Red flags or not be careful on what answer or question or evidence you raise :)

You just hand evidences like photos through a window and they will scan it then give it back. That is pretty much what they would do. :)

Timeline

They will ask for evidence as they see it fit. You can volunteer but they might not even look at it and would just be a reason for them to asl questions depending on what they see. If they ask for it then give evidence. 8T is like the same as volunteering an answer that they didn't want to know. It is unnecessary. smile.png Red flags or not be careful on what answer or question or evidence you raise smile.png

You just hand evidences like photos through a window and they will scan it then give it back. That is pretty much what they would do. smile.png

I was going to print 4 per pages on 8.5 x 11 . best for photo paper or just plane paper will do ? I use office max which is only 37 cents a print .

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You are well aware of our red flags . Wouldn't providing such evidence be beneficial in our case ? To bolster the bona fied relationship ? I understand it's best not to say anything unless asked . I get that , but I do not want to sit there and take a possible denial without the chance to show more . If we can tell by the way the CO acts and says things , perhaps then I can just submit the extra evidence . I just want to know we will have that chance to provide such evidence before a denial is issued .

Red flags or not, my advice is the same. You can bring whatever and how much evidence you see fit. If you want a smooth interview go with the consul's flow. Don't jump ahead coz you don't want to piss the consul off. Acting like a guilty criminal (when you're not) is going to raise unnecessary suspicions to you and your fiancee. Just keep a cool and level head.

Timeline

Red flags or not, my advice is the same. You can bring whatever and how much evidence you see fit. If you want a smooth interview go with the consul's flow. Don't jump ahead coz you don't want to piss the consul off. Acting like a guilty criminal (when you're not) is going to raise unnecessary suspicions to you and your fiancee. Just keep a cool and level head.

I understand your advice and respect it . I will not offer it , but have it just in case hidden away from the normal things they may ask for :)

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was going to print 4 per pages on 8.5 x 11 . best for photo paper or just plane paper will do ? I use office max which is only 37 cents a print .

That's ok as long as it is clear :) if you print it in photopaper then for me a 5r size is good as the size makes the picture clear enough to see :) you can even print in any printshop for the pictures so dont worry about the brand you are using :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.