Lali

K1 Visa was approved, question about administrative review

6 posts in this topic

Our K1 interview was at the embassy in Santo DOmingo, DR on 6/17. Our K1 visa was approved, but the CO was so rude and I could tell he absolutely did not want to approve us. We were sent to the Fraud Prevention unit to be interviewed individually and of course we passed because we are a true couple, although they tried to scare us into admitting otherwise! I feel offended and almost violated....Anyway, the CO said our visa was "provisionally approved". Well as far as I'm concerned you are either approved or denied! I asked him what provisionally approved meant and he said we would be given the visa barring any additional background checks etc.

Were background check not already performed at this stage??? And does anyone know what the chances are that the approval can be rescinded? Does anyone have knowledge/experience about this? Thanks so much in advance. Just worried and stressed...

Well i don't know we had tons of evidence and we were approved because they knew we were absolutely telling the truth and not lying. The thing is that my fiance lives in Dom Rep, but is Haitian and has Haitian papers. I was told he would be scrutinized by a lawyer. He has a valid visa to be in the Dom Rep so he is not violating any immigration laws. He had gotten approved at the embassy for a visa previously, but also was denied two times, the last time he simply tried to obtain a visitor visa to come see me and they denied him.

What was the questions they asked you in fraud prevention? How long have ya'll been in a relationship? How much evidence was given? Im curious because i have an interview in July.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Caribbean regional subforum -- topic is less about the K-1 process itself than about country-specific reasons for what did and might happen. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

They asked very personal questions. Be prepared and tell the truth. We have been together almost two years and seen each other ten trips. They asked very private things, and also about my kids, his kids, how long have i know him, how many times we saw each other, etc. Just tell the truth and you will be just fine. But they try to scare you, be PREPARED! and don't be nervous.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.