Kiki-Joy

k-1 Visa Packet 3.5 - Haiti Consulate

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

I am having trouble getting the 3.5 packet from the US Embassy in Haiti.

They have had my approved i-129f since May 20th (the NVC sent May 14th)

I have emailed like 4 times in the past two weeks and called CIVA who told me the mailed the packet on 5/22 and they went on to say that they could not email it and I would have to wait for the mailed copy.

I hear people get a response through email in a few days and receive it by mail so I am confused and a a little worried on why they just cant email it and why its taking so long to receive in the mail. They said 2 weeks, but its been well over 2 weeks.

Anybody with the same experience? any advice? Im so frustrated. cray5ol.gif lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I would email them again and ask them to send another copy.. Or think about going to the embassy to pick up a copy if possible.

In our case, my fiance asked for his interview date through email and they said he would have to wait for it to arrive in the mail. When it didnt arrive after 2 weeks he emailed again to tell them it hadnt arrived, and they responded with our interview date in an email (which they said they couldnt do) because it was only 10 days until the interview. My fiance left the next day for the capitol and picked up the packet at the embassy. If we had waited much longer, we would have missed the interview date.

Its all really frustrating and stressful but youre almost there and it will all work out. Best of luck to you!

I feel u cause I had same thing to my case was sent to Haiti April 19 2013 I kept call them everyday they just say that they mail it..so I got mad last week I call them and talk rud to them so June 10 2013 my boy receive the pack age three.they don't care at all they are rud people so that why I had to talk rud to them cause one of them told me I call to much..I kept email them every other day...so go luck with these jack ### people in Haiti ok

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Embassy/Consulate forum -- topic involves a consular issue. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

I am having trouble getting the 3.5 packet from the US Embassy in Haiti.

They have had my approved i-129f since May 20th (the NVC sent May 14th)

I have emailed like 4 times in the past two weeks and called CIVA who told me the mailed the packet on 5/22 and they went on to say that they could not email it and I would have to wait for the mailed copy.

I hear people get a response through email in a few days and receive it by mail so I am confused and a a little worried on why they just cant email it and why its taking so long to receive in the mail. They said 2 weeks, but its been well over 2 weeks.

Anybody with the same experience? any advice? Im so frustrated. cray5ol.gif lol

Hello Kiki,

I'm actually facing the same problem my approval were sent on May 16th. so I give it 6 to 7 days, because according to the visa website it normally takes 6 to 7 days for it to reach the Embassy in Haiti. However I've emailed them at least 6 times no response as of today. I've try calling but the person was asking me for a pin# which I have no clue about. So I'm sitting hear everyday checking my email hoping for at least a reapply. Anyway the web also stated the packet 3 can take 4 to 6 weeks. So my finger is cross. Hope that help u a bit. We in this together so no tears. We have to be strong to get through this journey. Feel free to contact me. My email address is jessica33162@yahoo.com

Timeline

that makes me feel better that I am not the only one. You can obtain a pin# by calling the number below, but they will charge you $12, which is good for 5 calls to CIVA. When I called a man answered and asked me for my phone number so he could call me back. Then he asked for my PTP# and the $12 payment. then I called the embassy CIVA 877-917-2482 and gave the pin# and they asked what I would like to know. they were no help either. They told me they could not email it and I had to wait for the phsical copy in the mail. I even explained that some people do get it by email and that did no good either. So I am just wating too. Wouldnt it be cheaper to email? so wierd to me. I'll email this to your personal email too.

Once your petition is transferred to Haiti, call CIVA:
In Haiti at: 509-3859-9524 /509-859-9564
From the United States at: 1-866-900-7643
From Monday to Friday: 8h00 AM to 4h00 PM

Website: http://www.civa-haiti.org/WD120AWP/WD120AWP.EXE/CONNECT/CIVA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

I would suggest you do as Myrlene did and call with a rude attitude... Sometimes, that's all it takes. Or another route, which may be less rude, take more time, and not yield a result is to have your fiance go directly to the Embassy and request a copy of his letter. Not the whole package, but a copy of the Embassy Letter. You could even do that by email. I think they will be more willing to email you a copy of that once you explain that the package they mailed was never received...

Or you can contact DHL-Haiti directly and see if your package is still in their hands...

Here's their information: http://www.dhl.com.h...agence_dhl.html
They will most likely use the Port-au-Prince one...So call that one... Unless you're closer to the other ones...

I will strongly urge you NOT to wait any longer, take action! Because O never received his "mailed" package and therefore if we were still waiting for it, we would not have been starting the second stage now... Good luck and keep me posted! If nothing works, we can put our heads together and come up with a solution...

To see a more detailed journey schedule, please see the About Me page and my Timeline.

Our K1 Process

June 7, 2012 -- Sent I-129F to June 9, 2013 -- Religious & Civil Wedding Ceremony in CT

FROM I-129f NOA1 to VISA APPROVAL: Exactly 8 months! No RFEs

Our AOS Process

July 16, 2013 -- Mailed AOS, EAD, and AP Paperwork to December 21, 2013 -- Received GC Card in the Mail!

FROM NOA1 to GREEN CARD in Hand: Exactly 4 months 27 days! No Interview or RFEs.

Our ROC Process

September 21, 2015 -- Mailed ROC Paperwork to August 6, 2016 -- Received Card in the Mail!

FROM NOA1 to GREEN CARD in Hand: Exactly 10 months 10 days! No Interview or RFEs.

Our {His} N-400 Process

Eligible to Apply for Citizenship on September 14, 2016.

October 4, 2016 -- Mailed N-400 Paperwork.

November 8, 2016 -- Completed Biometrics.

May 6, 2017 -- Received Interview Letter in the Mail.

June 8, 2017 -- Interview Passed!

June 16, 2017 -- Oath Ceremony! He is a USC!!

FROM Application to CITIZENSHIP: Exactly 8 months 13 days! No RFEs.

== I am the Petitioner/Sponsor/Citizen Spouse ==

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hey mtcmk1,

I received the packet 3 in the mail last week. My fiance took the medical exam today and will go to sogebank tomorrow to pay the visa fee and send the required documents thru haiti messenger. He plans to include a copy of the medical exam receipt and copy of visa payment reciept. I'm a little nervous, but I think we covered everything.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.