ddkorestin

cost of my fiance visa.

18 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

i would need an input from anyone who has an idea how much is roughly the cost of medical, police report and others expenses incurred for my fiance visa. shes presently in Nigeria and i just want to have an idea on total of all necessary requirements i.e police report, medical, the visa fee itself etc

Could not find one specific to your country, but here is another thread from this year with a breakdown of their costs to give you an impression: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/415100-our-costs-from-start-to-finish-of-k1-philippines/

All in all, they spent nearly $3000 start to end, which would seem like a sensible amount to have budgeted for your process.

Edited by lost_at_sea

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

Timeline

Could not find one specific to your country, but here is another thread from this year with a breakdown of their costs to give you an impression: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/415100-our-costs-from-start-to-finish-of-k1-philippines/

All in all, they spent nearly $3000 start to end, which would seem like a sensible amount to have budgeted for your process.

are you serious. oh my God

are you serious. oh my God

Yes.

Take a look at the link, they broke it down clearly as to what they spent it on and none of it was unreasonable. There are many expenses associated with petitioning and applying for a visa, and finally actually arriving in the USA.

I also don't see a specific cost for their police certificate. My one, in the UK, cost about $75. A quick google for Ghana police certificate cost brought me here: http://www.ghanapolice.info/cid/clearance_cert.htm

Edited by lost_at_sea

26th August 2016 - NOA1

7th June 2017 - Oath

Timeline

Yes.

Take a look at the link, they broke it down clearly as to what they spent it on and none of it was unreasonable. There are many expenses associated with petitioning and applying for a visa, and finally actually arriving in the USA.

oh okay. i was thinking more of expenses incurred in beneficiary country. (Nigeria)

oh okay. i was thinking more of expenses incurred in beneficiary country. (Nigeria)

They almost all were beneficiary side. Here's the details of the K1 application process for Nigeria, though: http://photos.state.gov/libraries/nigeria/487468/pdfs/Interview_Prep_Packet_K1-K3_Apr2012.pdf The visa itself is $240, the medical fee I'm having trouble finding for this year (or any, the embassy should be able to inform you), but budget for at least $200. The police cert, going by the link above, appears to cost just a few dollars.

The I-129f petition costs $340.

There may be more costs associated with getting vaccinations for the medical, copies of certificates, mailing papers, travel etc. which is why I suggest you budget plenty.

26th August 2016 - NOA1

7th June 2017 - Oath

Oh so your fiancee is in Nigeria and not in Ghana, my fiancee did hers in Ghana and the medicals were close to $400, police report was expedite for about $40, the visa fees $240 equivalent to the currency there. Then the miscellaneous things which all added up. All in all if you see anything in $ value just convert it to Nigeria currency. Some of the miscellaneous things varies from country to country.

Timeline for N-400   
Package Sent ----> 3/13/17

Package Received ---> Friday, March 17, 2017 @ 3:50 am

CC Charged ---->  3/20/2017
NOA ----> 3/23/17                                                                                
Finger Prints ---> 4/14/2017 --> Early FP 4/12/17!!
Inline for an Interview notice received ---> 4/14/17
Interview Scheduled ---> Waiting for letter in the mail to see the actual date.  8/30/17
letter in the mail arrived ---> 9/5/17
Interview Date ---> 10/05/17
Oath ---> 10/12/2017

This exactly what I need to find out. Am sure the cost in Ghana won't b far from what it will cost people in nigeria

that is correct. I hope all goes well for you.

Timeline for N-400   
Package Sent ----> 3/13/17

Package Received ---> Friday, March 17, 2017 @ 3:50 am

CC Charged ---->  3/20/2017
NOA ----> 3/23/17                                                                                
Finger Prints ---> 4/14/2017 --> Early FP 4/12/17!!
Inline for an Interview notice received ---> 4/14/17
Interview Scheduled ---> Waiting for letter in the mail to see the actual date.  8/30/17
letter in the mail arrived ---> 9/5/17
Interview Date ---> 10/05/17
Oath ---> 10/12/2017

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I went with my fiance last week to the embassy-approved clinic to begin the process of getting him the shots and it was 350 cedis (about 175 dollars) and he will need to get 4 more additional shots as a follow up that will be 150 cedis (75 dollars). If she hasn't had any at all, or no record at all, this is what you would pay for the shots.

I asked the nice lady at the clinic what the cost of the medical exam was and she said it is 260 cedis (130 dollars).

My fiance had a friend that went to Europe last year and needed a police check, online and what they told him in the police services office was that it is 20 cedis (10 dollars). But they know and expect a bribe when you are travelling because it NEEDS to get done for you to leave the country so they sat on it for about 4 months. Eventually my friend went to the police services office with 100 cedi bribe (50 dollars) to get it done-- and they did it that day.

I-129f 340 dollars , and visa fee is 240 dollars.

The good thing about all of this is that it's spread out!! So keep that in mind, you will not be paying everything all at once :)

Don't forget the cost you will have to file for an Adjustment of Status upon her arrival here. $1070 for the filing fee alone. A real killer.

barata-gif-3.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I am getting a K1 and FOUR k2s and so far I have spent (including flights that are just booked) just over $11,000 and AOS will cost me another $3,600.

OH MY GOSH!!!! This stopped my heart! I cannot believe the costs are so much for a family!! They have to get us for every penny...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

OH MY GOSH!!!! This stopped my heart! I cannot believe the costs are so much for a family!! They have to get us for every penny...

Fiancé petition $340

Our medicals were €1400 ($1800)

Certified copies of birthcerts and old marriage cert €246 ($320)

Swiss police cert CHF40 ($40)

photographs €35 ($45)

Translation of documents from German €220 ($290)

interview €960 ($1260)

Travel to and from Dublin 3 times €120 ($155)

stamps for the interview €62.50 ($80)

one way tickets to the USA €2899 ($3800)

Boxes to be sent to the USA €1500 ($1970)

and my fiance flew in for the interview on short notice for $950

so $11,010

Obviously my fiance didnt have to fly in (it was my choice to have him there) but yea I have spent quite a few pennies since this whole thing started, but there are 5 of us moving over.

My wedding budget is like NOTHING right now -_- court house and a party with friends looks to be on the cards :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.