sanyata

June 2013 AOS Filers

505 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thats about what i got...excluding the video(dont think we'll be able to carry that in..haha)

and i am still working on the photo-album. will be finished tomorrow. Our joint bank cards have an image of us on it (cute eh)

Anybody else, add to it so we can all make last minute checks.

Goodluck Guys! i will say a prayer for all three of you! good.gifgood.gif

We have pictures on our debit cards too!!! :)

June 14th - Mailed AOS Package

June 17th - Package Received at Lockbox

June 23rd - Received Acceptance Emails

June 24th - Checks Cashed

June 27th - Received NOA Hard Copies

June 28th - Received Biometrics Letter

July 15th - Biometrics Appointment

August 1st - I-485 Status Changed to Testing & Interview

August 8th - Text Notification-Interview Letter Sent Out!

August 9th - Received Interview Letter in the Mail

August 22nd - Email Notification: EAD Approved! I-765 Updated to Card/Document Production!
August 28th - EAD Mailed!
August 31st - EAD Arrived! smile.png
September 11th - AOS Interview

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Good luck to all... should be a lot of happy folks here shortly!

K-1

04/06/2012: NOA 1
08/13/2012: RFE Notice
09/21/2012: RFE Response Receipt
09/27/2012: NOA 2
10/17/2012: Embassy Received
12/31/2012: Packet 3 Returned
01/31/2013: Interview - Approved
02/07/2013: Visa Received
03/07/2013: POE - LAX

05/03/2013: Married

AOS; EAD; AP

06/03/2013: AOS - NOA 1

06/05/2013: EAD - NOA 1

06/05/2013: AP - NOA 1

06/27/2013: Biometrics

08/03/2013: EAD & AP Approved (Card received 18/12/2013)

08/21/2013: AOS Interview / I-485 Held for Further Review

08/27/2013: AOS Approval Notice

09/06/2013: Green Card Arrival

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Good luck to all... should be a lot of happy folks here shortly!

Thanks...! I'm confident it would be like you are saying. I want this to be over.!

Timeline

I'm so happy, my GC was approved. I entered the building at 10:00 appointment was at 10:30 I was called at 11:08 the interviwer asked me a few questions from the I 485 DOB, date I came to the USA. If I ever comited.fraud etc etc. she asked me for my EAD card told me she was going to make a copy when she returned she said that I was approved she didn't see any reasons for not approving me and that I should receive my card in the mail in the next 3 to 4 Weeks.

Timeline

I'm so happy, my GC was approved. I entered the building at 10:00 appointment was at 10:30 I was called at 11:08 the interviwer asked me a few questions from the I 485 DOB, date I came to the USA. If I ever comited.fraud etc etc. she asked me for my EAD card told me she was going to make a copy when she returned she said that I was approved she didn't see any reasons for not approving me and that I should receive my card in the mail in the next 3 to 4 Weeks.

Yay!!! Good for you congratulations!!! We are on our way now, hopefully it will go as easy as yours!

August 22nd - Email Notification: EAD Approved! I-765 Updated to Card/Document Production!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Congratulations heaven93!!

Congratulations to those who have their greencard already! smile.png

Goodluck to those who will have their interview today.Mine is tomorrow, I can't wait! smile.png

You and me both!

me neither!

AOS FROM F1

Met -January 8th, 2011

Married - February 1st, 2013

5/29/2013 - Mailed AOS Package to Chicago Lockbox

6/03/2013 - Package Received.

6/06/2013 - Check Cashed.

6/07/2013 - Receipt Date on NOAs - Transferred to National Benefits Center.

6/11/2013 - Received Hard copy NOAs.

6/14/2013 - Biometrics Appointment Notice.

7/08/2013 - Biometrics Done and Successful in Baltimore.

7/17/2013 - I-485 status updated to "Testing and Interview".

8/07/2013 - Interview Notice Received.(online/text).

8/08/2013 - Interview Notice Received.(Mail).

8/09/2013 - EAD Approved.

8/17/2013 - EAD Received.

8/22/2013 - SSC Received.

9/12/2013 - AOS Interview - Further Review needed.

10/03/2013 - AOS APPROVED!!!
10/15/2013 - GC Received.

.....till 2015.

30/09/2015 - Mailed ROC Package to Vermont Lockbox

09/11/2015 - Biometrics Taken in Baltimore

19/08/2016 - RFE received

12/10/2016 - RFE response package sent.

04/11/2016 - ROC APPROVED!!!

25/11/2016 - GC Received.

Timeline

Thanks guys, make sure you bring the NOA receipts with you, the interviewer asked me for proof that I pay the fees I showed her copy of the check she said no I want to see the recript from USCIS.

Timeline

Thanks guys, make sure you bring the NOA receipts with you, the interviewer asked me for proof that I pay the fees I showed her copy of the check she said no I want to see the recript from USCIS.

Phew! Good thing I brought those...in the waiting room now, anxious!!!

Timeline

Green Card Approved! So happy!!!

We arrived at 11:30am for our interview scheduled at 12:05pm. Went through metal detectors and sat down. We got called in at about 1:15pm ? Looong wait. Our officer was of Asian descent, seemed mean at first and I was pretty nervous. We did the oath and he began asking for our documents, ID cards and my passport, visa, I-94 and both of our birth certificates. Asked me my name, address, DOB, my parents names (which i almost forgot due to my nervousness!!! ) etc. Then all the criminal questions on the I-485. He then asked us how we met, the date, the movie we saw on our first date, the date he proposed, wedding details ( # of guests, who paid etc). Then he asked for joint assets, showed him bank statements, lease agreement, and insurance papers. Then he asked for photos or any extra stuff, so I gave him our photo album, wedding invitation and some cards from our friends and family. He looked through the whole album asking questions here and there about the photos (in a very friendly way). He then told us he was going to approve our case and that he just needed to make some copies ( made copies of wedding invitation and IDs). When he came back he told me he was going to keep my EAD :( my visa and my i-94s. He gave me a sheet of paper stating my case was approved and said I could use that to get a job or a license etc, if I need to before my green card arrives.

It was a very pleasant experience overall except for the wait before being called in. I am so relieved!!! Did they take your EAD?

Edited by AnnaBanana28

Timeline

We arrived at 11:30am for our interview scheduled at 12:05pm. Went through metal detectors and sat down. We got called in at about 1:15pm ? Looong wait. Our officer was of Asian descent, seemed mean at first and I was pretty nervous. We did the oath and he began asking for our documents, ID cards and my passport, visa, I-94 and both of our birth certificates. Asked me my name, address, DOB, my parents names (which i almost forgot due to my nervousness!!! ) etc. Then all the criminal questions on the I-485. He then asked us how we met, the date, the movie we saw on our first date, the date he proposed, wedding details ( # of guests, who paid etc). Then he asked for joint assets, showed him bank statements, lease agreement, and insurance papers. Then he asked for photos or any extra stuff, so I gave him our photo album, wedding invitation and some cards from our friends and family. He looked through the whole album asking questions here and there about the photos (in a very friendly way). He then told us he was going to approve our case and that he just needed to make some copies ( made copies of wedding invitation and IDs). When he came back he told me he was going to keep my EAD :( my visa and my i-94s. He gave me a sheet of paper stating my case was approved and said I could use that to get a job or a license etc, if I need to before my green card arrives.

It was a very pleasant experience overall except for the wait before being called in. I am so relieved!!! Did they take your EAD?

Timeline

It was a very pleasant experience overall except for the wait before being called in. I am so relieved!!! Did they take

your EAD?

Congrats.... ! They didn't take my EAD, she just made a copy and gave me back my card. the, officer didn't give me any papers. I guess each office works different.

Filed: Timeline

Congrats for everyone!

My husband got approved today yay!

Our interview went super smooth and easy. Our only "bump" was the wait. We arrived early(10am), our interview was at 10:50am but something happened with someone else's case that caused us being called up to get messed up and then our officer had to go to lunch so we weren't seen until 2:00pm!! Ah..... but then when we were seen it was easy.

The officer had us raise our right hand and swear to tell the truth. Then she asked for his passport and my ID. She asked him all the official yes/no security questions. Asked him his date of birth, his parent's names, our address and my date of birth. Then she just asked for his birth certificate, mine and our marriage certificate. Talked a little bit, our officer was pretty friendly and she seemed to have no concerns with our case. She even said some sort of joke about other people who were clearly not prepared, but thats not the case with us.

She asked if we had any joint things to add (since we got married the day before we applied and didn't send in any finances originally). I gave her our lease, utilities, bills and bank account papers. And we were approved! After that she just had us go through some pictures that we sent in with the application but she didn't want to see anything else- even if we had additional evidence and pictures.

Good luck to everyone, and thanks for your help.... done with this for 2 years!

06/06/2013: Sent in AOS Packet!

06/10/2013: USCIS Received AOS Packet

06/12/2013: Received NOA Text Confirmations of Packages

06/15/2013: Received Hard Copy of NOA

07/03/2013: Biometrics Appointment Letter sent by USCIS

07/10/2013: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter

07/11/2013: Walk in Biometrics in Gardena,CA

07/17/2013: I-485 status changed to Testing and Interview

08/12/2013: Received status update e-mail with interview date

08/14/2013: EAD Approved and went into card production (via electronic notification)

08/14/2013: AP approved (via electronic notification)

08/17/2013: Received Hard Copy of interview notice

08/20/2013: Received status update e-mail saying combo card is being mailed!

08/22/2013: Received Combo Card in the mail smile.png

09/11/2103: AOS Interview at 10:50am!

09/11/2013: APPROVED!! good.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats everyone! I received a txt from USCIS that my case has changed to Card production, I just had my interview 7 hours ago around 12:20pm. The IO was quite strict and intimidating but we were able to provide all the requirements he's asking. So bottom line we got approved and were so happy and unending praising God.:)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.