pro_star

Has anyone had problems having their petition delivered?

57 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Howdy all, I confess, first time poster on here.

Finally got all the paperwork together for the K1 Visa Application, sent in by my wonderful and awesome fiance. (he's the one down in the states.)

Go to track the package...

Your Item's StatusYour item was refused by the addressee at 10:28 am on May 24, 2013 in LEWISVILLE, TX 75067 and is being returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later

Has anyone else out there had issues? It was sent to:

USCIS
Attn: I-129F
2501 South State Highway 121 Business
Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067

Should I chalk it down to "USPS...did you try to deliver it to the wrong place"? and just try again once it gets returned?

May 29, 2013 - Finally!!! I-129F and associated forms delivered!

June 3, 2013 - NOA1!

August 19, 2013 - NOA2! (email)

October 10, 2013 - NVC has our case, Vancouver number assigned

***Communications with Vancouver begging to put my case on hold a while due to house not selling!!!***

February 18, 2014 - Packet 3 Submitted

February 20, 2014 - Packet 4!!

May 5, 2014 - Medical

May 7, 2014 - Consulate Interview

May 13, 2014 - K1 visa in hand!!!

July 2, 2014 - POE (Sweetgrass)<p>

July 23, 2014 - apply for EI (mother of god that was confusing...)<p>

August 11, 2014 - finally get hitched!

September 16, 2014 - send off AOS/AP/EAD

You must have forgotten something important for it to be returned to you. There's nothing wrong with the address you sent it to.

Was the payment made out correctly and for the proper amount? Was an important form forgotten? You'll have to ask your fiance.

Timeline

Well that's the thing...it was refused from the post-level, so they didn't even SEE what was in the package. Strange!

June 3, 2013 - NOA1!

***Communications with Vancouver begging to put my case on hold a while due to house not selling!!!***

May 5, 2014 - Medical

Well that's the thing...it was refused from the post-level, so they didn't even SEE what was in the package. Strange!

If there was nothing wrong with it, they would have accepted it.

Most of the time when something is returned to sender, or rejected, there is something wrong with the package and that's usually the fee. Again, do you know if the check/money order was made out properly?

Timeline

JL, yeah, it was USPS express - so we could get the tracking numbers and stalk it that way.

Penny Lane, again, it's like they told the USPS guy "nope that's not for us" or something. Pretty sure the cheque was made out properly.

It's just boggling my brain.

June 3, 2013 - NOA1!

May 5, 2014 - Medical

Penny Lane, again, it's like they told the USPS guy "nope that's not for us" or something. Pretty sure the cheque was made out properly.

You don't know that. They're a sorting facility. They'll look to make sure if everything's right and if it isn't, they'll reject it and send it back. If everything's okay, they will forward it to the correct service center. You sent it to the correct location, so that can't be why. It's time to start investigating other possible reasons.

Though technically, since you used USPS, you should have sent it to Dallas. Lewisville is if you're using a courier such as UPS or FedEx. But I've never seen that be a problem for people before. I made the same mistake and they just forwarded it to Dallas.

Edited by Penny Lane

Timeline

I dunno, just my office experience that when they take (tracked/couriered) mail, they'll stamp/sign it as delivered...and THEN sort/open it and go through it. It's not like they'd make the posties wait around while they open and go through every single package...

I just hope if they do return it and that was the case, they'll put a note in saying why.

J & L, will do for sure! I mean, if this is an oopsie that we made, then I'd rather save other people the stress!!!

*ninja edit* hmmm...I guess they can still do the tracking if it's sent to a PO Box...right?

Edited by pro_star

June 3, 2013 - NOA1!

May 5, 2014 - Medical

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

If there was nothing wrong with it, they would have accepted it.

Most of the time when something is returned to sender, or rejected, there is something wrong with the package and that's usually the fee. Again, do you know if the check/money order was made out properly?

Not for this, at this level. The package was unopened, refused by recipient.

For the things you've described, USCIS sends it all back without any tracking info. They DO OPEN the package, and check it, discarding the outer package itself.

'something' to USCIS, alas, isn't the right label here, at all.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Not for this, at this level. The package was unopened, refused by recipient.

For the things you've described, USCIS sends it all back without any tracking info. They DO OPEN the package, and check it, discarding the outer package itself.

'something' to USCIS, alas, isn't the right label here, at all.

I know for a fact I've seen a poster here talk about their package being refused and when they had it returned, it was due to forgetting the payment.

But who knows. Was just trying to give reasons as to why there's an issue.

Filed: Timeline

If you send it by USPS, you have to send it to Dallas. I'm pretty sure that's what the problem was. Maybe others have not had that problem, but I sent mine to Dallas by USPS, and it was accepted without any trouble. Just send it through USPS to Dallas next time, and I think you should be fine.

What would Xenu do?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.