Jeisson&Ellie

NVC QUESTIONS/ COLOMBIAN BENEFICIARIES

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

COLOMBIAN BENEFICIARIES (OR IF ANYBODY KNOWS THE ANSWERS)

Me and my husband (beneficiary) are wondering how you guys translated your Spanish documents because one time my husband needed to get a document translated and he looked every where and couldn't find any place or anyone to translate his documents. Can he send his documents to me and I can have them translated over here in the US and I can send them to NVC once they're translated? Oh and what did you guys do for the military records? Because my husband has the "libreta militar" should we make a copy of it and send it to NVC?

GENERAL NVC QUESTIONS

• Do we send all 4 passport photos to NVC? Or does he send two passport photos to NVC and take 2 other passport photos to the medical exams?
  • How will we find out about the interview date? Do we call them everyday after they close the case?
  • Can I send a DS-3032 email exactly how the DS-3032 email template that they have here on VJ?
  • What are the bills that NVC will be invoicing me? Minus the AOS bill. Because I thought that the bills that they were going to be invoicing me was the AOS bill and the IV bill but I heard that they were going to invoice me a DS-230 bill, I thought the IV and DS-230 were the same thing, I thought is was one bill, so it's not??

Thanks everybody!

Ellie :)

11/10/2012 MARRIED

USCIS STAGE (101days)
01/22/2013 I130 SENT TO NBC
01/28/2013 NOA1 PRIORITY DATE
05/09/2013 I130 TEXT/EMAIL APPROVAL & NOTICE DATE!
05/15/2013 GOT NOA2 HARDCOPY

NVC STAGE (72 DAYS)
05/20/2013 NVC RECEIVED OUR CASE!

06/03/2013 RECEIVED CASE # & IIN, ALSO SENT DS-3032 EMAIL

06/10/2013 AOS INVOICED AND PAID, ALSO RESENT DS-3032 EMAIL- SUPERVISOR REVIEW

06/11/2013 NVC ACCEPTED DS-3032 EMAIL & AOS PAYMENT DEDUCTED FROM BANK ACCOUNT

06/12/2013 SENT AOS USPS EXPRESS MAIL (OVERNIGHT)

06/12/2013 IV BILL INVOICED & PAID

06/14/2013 SENT IV PACKET VIA OVERNIGHT EXPRESS MAIL

06/17/2013 IV PACKET ARRIVED AT NVC

07/03/2013 RECEIVED AOS CHECKLIST

07/06/2013 SENT AOS CHECKLIST VIA OVERNIGHT EXPRESS MAIL

07/08/2013 IV ACCEPTED & AOS CHECKLIST ARRIVED AT NVC

07/31/2013 CASE COMPLETE!!

09/16/2013 BLOOD & MEDICAL EXAMS

09/19/2013 INTERVIEW

09/26/2013 RECEIVED VISA

09/29/2013 POE FORT LAUDERDALE

10/11/2013 RECEIVED SSN

11/09/2013 RECEIVED CONDITIONAL GREEN CARD

Me and my husband (beneficiary) are wondering how you guys translated your Spanish documents because one time my husband needed to get a document translated and he looked every where and couldn't find any place or anyone to translate his documents. Can he send his documents to me and I can have them translated over here in the US and I can send them to NVC once they're translated? Oh and what did you guys do for the military records? Because my husband has the "libreta militar" should we make a copy of it and send it to NVC?

GENERAL NVC QUESTIONS

• Do we send all 4 passport photos to NVC? Or does he send two passport photos to NVC and take 2 other passport photos to the medical exams?
  • How will we find out about the interview date? Do we call them everyday after they close the case?
  • Can I send a DS-3032 email exactly how the DS-3032 email template that they have here on VJ?
  • What are the bills that NVC will be invoicing me? Minus the AOS bill. Because I thought that the bills that they were going to be invoicing me was the AOS bill and the IV bill but I heard that they were going to invoice me a DS-230 bill, I thought the IV and DS-230 were the same thing, I thought is was one bill, so it's not??

Thanks everybody!

Ellie smile.png

If you are competent in translating you or he can do it. Or if you have a friend that knows both spanish and english fluently they can as well. The NVC will need his military records.

• If you only require 2 photos for the medical you send the 2 to the NVC and then take the other 2 to the medical.
  • You find out about the interview date by calling the NVC or DOS or waiting for the interview email.
  • You certainly can send the DS-3032 following the VJ email template. I'd take advantage of the only email you get to send! :D
  • The IV bill is the DS-230 bill. Same thing. :)

The only extra fee is the new immigrant visa fee that is due after approval of the visa.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

GENERAL NVC QUESTIONS

Thanks everybody!

Ellie smile.png

For the translations, you can definitely have them translated in the US and then send them along to NVC. Usually you can scan the documents and email them to the translator so they can go ahead and start working on them while the hard copies arrive to you in the mail, so you can save time. If you want to include the military records, include them. It's better to be over prepared than be missing something.

- Send two passport pictures to NVC. You'll need more for the medical (the amount varies per country), and two or three more for the interview itself.

- You can call to find out about the interview date, or just wait for them to email you from NVC. The email is sent out the same day the date is made, so it's not like you'd be missing any prep time by not calling.

- Send the template as is, but obviously you'll need to fill in all your own specific info.

- NVC will invoice two bills: The AOS/I-864 bill (88$), and the IV/DS230 (230$).

Good luck!

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

For the translations, you can definitely have them translated in the US and then send them along to NVC. Usually you can scan the documents and email them to the translator so they can go ahead and start working on them while the hard copies arrive to you in the mail, so you can save time. If you want to include the military records, include them. It's better to be over prepared than be missing something.

- Send two passport pictures to NVC. You'll need more for the medical (the amount varies per country), and two or three more for the interview itself.

- You can call to find out about the interview date, or just wait for them to email you from NVC. The email is sent out the same day the date is made, so it's not like you'd be missing any prep time by not calling.

- Send the template as is, but obviously you'll need to fill in all your own specific info.

- NVC will invoice two bills: The AOS/I-864 bill (88$), and the IV/DS230 (230$).

So there will be one cover sheet for each bill from the payment portal, right?

Good luck!

11/10/2012 MARRIED

USCIS STAGE (101days)
01/22/2013 I130 SENT TO NBC
01/28/2013 NOA1 PRIORITY DATE
05/09/2013 I130 TEXT/EMAIL APPROVAL & NOTICE DATE!
05/15/2013 GOT NOA2 HARDCOPY

NVC STAGE (72 DAYS)
05/20/2013 NVC RECEIVED OUR CASE!

06/03/2013 RECEIVED CASE # & IIN, ALSO SENT DS-3032 EMAIL

06/10/2013 AOS INVOICED AND PAID, ALSO RESENT DS-3032 EMAIL- SUPERVISOR REVIEW

06/11/2013 NVC ACCEPTED DS-3032 EMAIL & AOS PAYMENT DEDUCTED FROM BANK ACCOUNT

06/12/2013 SENT AOS USPS EXPRESS MAIL (OVERNIGHT)

06/12/2013 IV BILL INVOICED & PAID

06/14/2013 SENT IV PACKET VIA OVERNIGHT EXPRESS MAIL

06/17/2013 IV PACKET ARRIVED AT NVC

07/03/2013 RECEIVED AOS CHECKLIST

07/06/2013 SENT AOS CHECKLIST VIA OVERNIGHT EXPRESS MAIL

07/08/2013 IV ACCEPTED & AOS CHECKLIST ARRIVED AT NVC

07/31/2013 CASE COMPLETE!!

09/16/2013 BLOOD & MEDICAL EXAMS

09/19/2013 INTERVIEW

09/26/2013 RECEIVED VISA

09/29/2013 POE FORT LAUDERDALE

10/11/2013 RECEIVED SSN

11/09/2013 RECEIVED CONDITIONAL GREEN CARD

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Yep, there will be a barcode cover sheet for each package - one for AOS, and one for IV.

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.