11 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I'm trying to get to talk to a Tier 2 rep, but Tier 1 reps say they are busy so they couldn't connect us to them and if I offer to wait and its okay for me to be on hold they still won't allow that. I just wanna ask how you guys got to talk to a tier 2 rep based on your experience. Or does anyone know a time where Tier 2 reps are reachable? I'd be glad to hear your experiences. thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hello all,

I'm trying to get to talk to a Tier 2 rep, but Tier 1 reps say they are busy so they couldn't connect us to them and if I offer to wait and its okay for me to be on hold they still won't allow that. I just wanna ask how you guys got to talk to a tier 2 rep based on your experience. Or does anyone know a time where Tier 2 reps are reachable? I'd be glad to hear your experiences. thanks!

Hi,

I tried to talking to one today too and i was on hold for 2 hours and a few minutes, that is CRAZY....!!!

I mean, i know i'm not the only one calling but 2 hours on hold seem like a bit much, needless to say i had to hung up without any luck since i was at work and that didn't help my situation. I will try again tomorrow. Good Luck!!!

---------------------------------------------------------heart.gif KAIDEM heart.gif----------------------------------------------------------------------

event.png

event.png

Hi,

I tried to talking to one today too and i was on hold for 2 hours and a few minutes, that is CRAZY....!!!

I mean, i know i'm not the only one calling but 2 hours on hold seem like a bit much, needless to say i had to hung up without any luck since i was at work and that didn't help my situation. I will try again tomorrow. Good Luck!!!

well at least you got to be put on hold but I wasn't allowed to. they said call a different time. when we did, we got the same answer. its frustrating.

i would love to hear what will happen with your call tomorrow so i hope you can keep me posted! :) thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

The Customer Disservice Representatives are required to escalate your call upon your request. Be pleasant yet insistent.

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

The Customer Disservice Representatives are required to escalate your call upon your request. Be pleasant yet insistent.

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Case Progress subforum. ***

First, I apologize for putting this in the wrong subforum.

Thank you for that information, they have been ignoring the request since we started calling them.

Timeline

well at least you got to be put on hold but I wasn't allowed to. they said call a different time. when we did, we got the same answer. its frustrating.

i would love to hear what will happen with your call tomorrow so i hope you can keep me posted! smile.png thanks!

They actually gave me an option, they said they were very busy and that i should leave my name and phone number and i will receive a phone call within 3-4 days...are you kidding me? that's why i firmly said NO, thanks...i rather wait...it's ok. Little did i know it was going to be for 2 hours :/ but you should try again tomorrow too, maybe you will have more luck then. I don't work tomorrow so i have all day to wait lol :P

I will keep you posted :)

Good luck!

---------------------------------------------------------heart.gif KAIDEM heart.gif----------------------------------------------------------------------

event.png

event.png

Timeline

i would love to hear what will happen with your call tomorrow so i hope you can keep me posted! smile.png thanks!

Hello....

So...I started my day by calling my Congresswoman's office, i had contacted them before and wanted an update on their part, they told me that they had received my privacy release form and were actually working on getting me more information and resolution to my case, that was a good sing.

Right after that i called USCIS and spoke to a tier1 officer, she told me that the only information she had was whatever showed on the website, so i went ahead and scalated to a tier2...they offered again to get my contact information and call me back in 3-5 days....of course i refused that offer and just waited....The recording told me this time my estimated waiting time of 40 mins. I waited anyways and at last someone picked up my called.

After explaining the situation to the officer, he said everything looked good on my end, and that so far there is no request of further information (Thank God!!!) but that they are currently working on October 1st, and my case was received on October 26th, so that i should wait for 25 more days so i can receive my NOA2. It is not what i wanted to hear, but at least i got some insight on whats going on....i hate being on the shadows, i feel so powerless because there is nothing i cant do but wait..urgh!!

Anyways, i hope this info is helpful for your....try calling now!!....don't get a NO for an answer, it is your right to be informed and they can't tell you you cant wait for a Tier2..The waiting time this time wasnt as excruciating as yesterday, so go and make the call.... ;)

Good Luck!!!

event.png

event.png

Hello....

So...I started my day by calling my Congresswoman's office, i had contacted them before and wanted an update on their part, they told me that they had received my privacy release form and were actually working on getting me more information and resolution to my case, that was a good sing.

Right after that i called USCIS and spoke to a tier1 officer, she told me that the only information she had was whatever showed on the website, so i went ahead and scalated to a tier2...they offered again to get my contact information and call me back in 3-5 days....of course i refused that offer and just waited....The recording told me this time my estimated waiting time of 40 mins. I waited anyways and at last someone picked up my called.

After explaining the situation to the officer, he said everything looked good on my end, and that so far there is no request of further information (Thank God!!!) but that they are currently working on October 1st, and my case was received on October 26th, so that i should wait for 25 more days so i can receive my NOA2. It is not what i wanted to hear, but at least i got some insight on whats going on....i hate being on the shadows, i feel so powerless because there is nothing i cant do but wait..urgh!!

Anyways, i hope this info is helpful for your....try calling now!!....don't get a NO for an answer, it is your right to be informed and they can't tell you you cant wait for a Tier2..The waiting time this time wasnt as excruciating as yesterday, so go and make the call.... wink.png

Good Luck!!!

They always say they're working on October 1st but we can see November filers getting approved already, why didn't you ask them to put in a service request for you since you are obviously way out of the normal 5 month processing time according to the uscis website?

Anyhow, I believe you will get your NOA2 soon since the rep did say that you didn't have any RFE. this information is truly helpful, will definitely try and call now! :) thank you so much :)

Timeline

Your information is quite helpful thank you!!!

Thanks....VJ has help me so much that it's the least i can do..... :)

They always say they're working on October 1st but we can see November filers getting approved already, why didn't you ask them to put in a service request for you since you are obviously way out of the normal 5 month processing time according to the uscis website?

Anyhow, I believe you will get your NOA2 soon since the rep did say that you didn't have any RFE. this information is truly helpful, will definitely try and call now! smile.png thank you so much smile.png

Last time when i called they told me they were behind a month but didnt tell me they were working on an specific month, today the give was very helpful and he even round it out to days (25 more days to be exact) i hope he didn't get my hopes high for nothing.

I did however, point out the differences in approval times and his reply was to try not to compare our cases to others because every case is different. I figure i could have use the service request but since i already have the Congresswoman calling on my behalf and since he gave me a time estimate, i decided to wait the 25 days and that would buy me time to gather my paperwork together for the next phase of the journey.

I just pray to God that i don't receive an RFE after all this, that would truly bring me down....but for now i have to stay positive and have faith i will be posting my NOA2 Approved post soon :P

event.png

event.png

Thanks....VJ has help me so much that it's the least i can do..... smile.png

Last time when i called they told me they were behind a month but didnt tell me they were working on an specific month, today the give was very helpful and he even round it out to days (25 more days to be exact) i hope he didn't get my hopes high for nothing.

I did however, point out the differences in approval times and his reply was to try not to compare our cases to others because every case is different. I figure i could have use the service request but since i already have the Congresswoman calling on my behalf and since he gave me a time estimate, i decided to wait the 25 days and that would buy me time to gather my paperwork together for the next phase of the journey.

I just pray to God that i don't receive an RFE after all this, that would truly bring me down....but for now i have to stay positive and have faith i will be posting my NOA2 Approved post soon tongue.png

You will get that NOA2 soon :) keep believing and praying! :D thanks for all the info :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.