missDKmrUSA

NVC May 2013 - K1 filers..

245 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi fsaeed81, you are not alone, I was approved on the 8th of May and still don't have my case number too. I have been calling the NVC everyday but I am told the same everyday that they don't have my case yet. I have gotten in contact with senator and congressman but haven't heard anything from them yet. This is just crazy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Yeah this is really insane. Did you call uscis and make a service request With them? If you haven't, please do so immediately. Let me know If you need more info about that.

I'm also trying to get some help from the senators office but they're just giving me the old well work on it. Not sure where it's going to go.

Wish you all the best and keep on these people, they don't care and they also want you to just forget about it. Keep on them!

Take care.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

From what I've seen, Your congressman or senator can be a big help, if they are willing to help.

A lot of people have written during the P2 process that i's hard to get their congressperson to do anything for them.

You should check both your districts US congressman and senator. perhaps if one won't help you the other will.

Also ask if there is a staffer dedicated to handling constituents' immigration issues, and try working with them directly.

SHARE THIS VIDEO to promote the USCIS delays!

4csw0ipgr.png

3dsnctxul.png

l4xsj7w8h.png

keepcalm.giftimeline.gif

Timeline

Thanks! I just got replies from my congressman he contacted NVC and they said they don't have my file on record and that I have to "wait 8 weeks because thats typically how long it takes to get it". Rob & Rachel, I remembered you when i was hearing this because you had a similar response (i think in your case it was 6 weeks). Anyways, so I asked him to please contact USCIS because I feel there may be an issue with them. He will contact them next but he asked me to wait another week. Which isn't big deal at this point.

Also, after hounding the staffer for my senator's office, I finally got a response from her today and she said she submitted a request to USCIS and i should wait a couple days to see what comes out of it. I dont think she expected how much annoying I could get. smile.png Her office being on the way to work also helped my cause because I would just stop by and bother them by asking to speak to her... she was always "busy" lol

Funny thing is, out of no where, I get these replies from NVCRequest (saying "we dont have it, bla bla bla, well contact uscis on your behalf") and from CSC-NCSC-FollowUp who didnt even answer my question of why havent you sent my applciation to NVC, but said I need to wait 15 days before I check the status of by Service Request i submitted to USCIS, if I dont get a status until then they will follow up on it. Im not sure what kind of information I should get from them but none the less, I finally did get some responses.

So now, Im going to wait and contact my congressman probably next tuesday to see if hes contacting USCIS and also recontacting NVC. And I will check in with the Senator if she received any responses from USCIS. Hopefully by then I also get some kind of response from this "service request".

I called USCIS again today and after the guy tried to talk down to me by referring to me that im wasting my time by contacting them and NVC, I should be contacting the Embassy directly because my files probably already there... I kind of had to give him a lesson on his job about how there is a case number assigned by nvc, before going to an embassy and the embassy uses this case number to track the application and doesn't involve in the WAC receipt number from USCIS... I got the impression from him that he still thought I didn't know what I was talking about...

You think I can send the USCIS customer "support" an invoice for the time i took to instruct this representative? dancin5hr.gif

Edited by fsaeed81

Timeline

Okay, I just received a response to my service request from USCIS via a letter. I want to check if anyone has received this because this is very obscure information from them. Can you guys help me with what this states:

"On 06/28/2013 you, or the disignated representative shown below, contacted us about your case. Some of the key information given to us at that time was the following:

Information... such as case numbers etc...

The result of this service request is:

Based on your request we researched the location of your case. Your file has been requested. If you do not receive a notice of action from us within 60 days, please contact us again at the email address or through the NCSC at 800-375-5283"

Has anyone received this? They say my file has been requested... but my file was always at the USCIS center.. they're requesting it from themselves? What does this actually mean?

Timeline

I actually haven't been able to speak with tier 2, everytime I call the tier 1 the just tell me that I need to wait 90 days now before I can expect the file at nvc. If I ask then about my service request, they just respond by saying I need to wait for the response. How do you talk with tier 2? I've been able to talk with them before but that's only when I call and start yelling at them.

I actually haven't been able to speak with tier 2, everytime I call the tier 1 the just tell me that I need to wait 90 days now before I can expect the file at nvc. If I ask then about my service request, they just respond by saying I need to wait for the response. How do you talk with tier 2? I've been able to talk with them before but that's only when I call and start yelling at them.

Filed: Timeline

when tier one ask you about the wac after he ask did you recive an aprove you say yes 20 may i have an service request pending i wish i could know if you guys read it ..they say bla bla 90 days ( duno why cuz in my case they say 15) you start to tell them that why take so long etc etc ... and they say mr i see that you have a lot of other question that i cant answer for you i will put you in pending for tier 2 thats it ...i made a 3 way call me my fiance and tier 1 and thats exactly what tier one said :) ... if i wold be in your case i wold go to an info pass

Timeline

I just spoke with tier two and she said they are requesting my application from "records" ( which I got that its in NRC) and we will be sending your a notice soon. It's pretty much the same info I got from the letter.

Timeline

Well Great News! My senator just called me and said my application was found in the mail room and has been forwarded to NVC. Now one thing Im still a bit worried about is the expiration date. My i-129F application will expire in two months exactly and Im really worried that she wont get an interview before then. This Is The Life, did your application get extension? I know Rob & Rachel did but not sure if your's also did...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

guys can someone had this. we got appoved may 9th 2013 and we have our hard copy to i called NVC for almost evryday but they dont have our case still. so today i decided to checked our status online and the approved date changed to july 18 2013. i tried to call uscis but just operator coz too late and also the operator tell me same that we got approved july 18. i dont know whats going on :(

Timeline

I think thats great news. It seems to me they probably had requested your file from NRC and reprocessed it because you do have an expiration date on your i129f petition. Once they reprocessed it, you received a new expiration date, and they will now send it to NVC. Id say just keep checking but within 9 - 10 days it should be there. But this is just a guess, it seems what happened with other, but just a guess.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.